Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

@mspatmac 

I found this on google. Does it go with Jlo's persona? I think so.

"Most of us are in love with the idea of being in love. We chase this illusive feeling, feeling the spark of the new and intensity of the passion and then as soon as it dwindles we are disappointed, and we set off trying to find that feeling again."

She's done that X4 with marriages and X6 with her engagements.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About Jennifer and Ben (I know. Again? But I am getting a weird vibe)

[ Edited ]

It takes a lot of maturity to understand and accept that the heated passion that occurs at the beginning of a love relationship does eventually cool down.  Dedicating oneself to a steady and trusted love demands an evolved personality.  There has to be respect for the institution of marriage and one's partner.  

These days, there is so much focus on shallow desires -- with ample opportunity to satisfy them -- that I believe it is harder than ever to sustain a marriage.

So much goes into making a marriage work.  

Esteemed Contributor

He is an alcoholic. There is no mystery. If he hasn't been in treatment, and completed it he is still in the throws of it. Like all other alcoholics he is probably inconsistent, and his mood is determined by how much he drinks. 

Honored Contributor

Ben is what is called a dry drunk. Dry drunks are very moody...can be mean... Nothing worse than a dry drunk other than a wet drunk. Ben will be drinking again in no time .....

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mspatmac 

I found this on google. Does it go with Jlo's persona? I think so.

"Most of us are in love with the idea of being in love. We chase this illusive feeling, feeling the spark of the new and intensity of the passion and then as soon as it dwindles we are disappointed, and we set off trying to find that feeling again."

She's done that X4 with marriages and X6 with her engagements.

@SilleeMee 

Absolutely, describes her perfectly.

Honored Contributor

Some people are giving too much of their time thinking about. I wish them well, but I'm done reading about the weddings and honeymoons. 

Respected Contributor

i've been reading about the 5 stages of dating. just wonder if JLO  gets too intimate too quickly with her men and for this reason her realtionships don't last. no it should not be all on the woman. but if she wants to have a shot at  love that lasts, she cannot be too easy.  a woman  should always have one hand on steering wheel and one foot on the brake.

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i've been reading about the 5 stages of dating. just wonder if JLO  gets too intimate too quickly with her men and for this reason her realtionships don't last. no it should not be all on the woman. but if she wants to have a shot at  love that lasts, she cannot be too easy.  a woman  should always have one hand on steering wheel and one foot on the brake.

Does that relationship advice also apply to men?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Does that relationship advice also apply to men?

i don't know. does it?

Esteemed Contributor

Some women just cannot be without a man. 

After she booted the baseball player her footprint didn't have time to fade from his backside before she was back with Affleck.

Maybe Jennifer a/a JLo a/k/a Jenny, whoever she is this week, needs to spend sometime without a man, enjoy your time alone with your kids. A few months might do her some good.

A lot of the time he looks like he was out all night or crabby as heck.