Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Estates  I was also in a grumpy mood. Mine was due to ABC's indecision regarding the future of this show. I have vested too much time in shows that ABC abruptly canceled with no real conclusion to the series.

If they do that, it will be Thirtysomething totally revisited, the shows remind me so much of each other . 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I never understood why Regina and Rome  wanted Eve as their surrogate. She was an emotional wreck. She was in an abusive relationship and ran away. IMHO, she was looking for the financial help. Regina never wanted a child and was on the edge this entire time.

I am glad Gary moved on. I like his new girlfriend. She knows what she needs and is more grounded.  Maggie was struggling with her health and emotions. This was never a good match. 

Eddie has become or still is an emotional wreck. These last week's with his sister have gone down in the wrong direction. I knew something was going to happen when he left the bar. I hope he lives.

Deliah is just a character who is a child raising children. Sad scenario for all.

@elated Eve wasn't going to be the surrogate- that would mean the baby was partially  Rome's, biologically,  also. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@jeanlake   Agree about "dry drunk".  I don't recall Eddie attending AA and having a sponsor, either.

As much as I like Katherine, I feel she doesn't fully understand what it means for Eddie to stay sober.  She's looking to a better future in her marriege with a sober husband and that will not work out for either of them without program.  Especially not for Theo.

@Cakers3   The show could do a real service to the subject of 'addiction' overall if they referenced meetings, sponsors, the 12 steps etc.  A small part of recovery is  giving up  the drug of choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i really thought that something was going to go on with ROME and EVE......she seemed to fawn over him at times.

@sunshine45 that could be next season!!! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@elated wrote:

I never understood why Regina and Rome  wanted Eve as their surrogate. She was an emotional wreck. She was in an abusive relationship and ran away. IMHO, she was looking for the financial help. Regina never wanted a child and was on the edge this entire time.

I am glad Gary moved on. I like his new girlfriend. She knows what she needs and is more grounded.  Maggie was struggling with her health and emotions. This was never a good match. 

Eddie has become or still is an emotional wreck. These last week's with his sister have gone down in the wrong direction. I knew something was going to happen when he left the bar. I hope he lives.

Deliah is just a character who is a child raising children. Sad scenario for all.?

@elated Eve wasn't going to be the surrogate- that would mean the baby was partially  Rome's, biologically,  also. 

I know I used the wrong word. It would have been to their benefit. Eve was just a product of her abusive world.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i really thought that something was going to go on with ROME and EVE......she seemed to fawn over him at times.

@sunshine45 that could be next season!!! Woman LOL

LOL @Ibby114 .....i would not be surprised.......SOMEONES relationship has to be on the rocks at all times. Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I read that this show will probably be renewed for Season three.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain Thank you. I find vow renewals cringey as well. When I first married it seemed many who were my parents' age had elaborate 25th & 50th wedding anniversaries. Several had weddings at justice of the peace or courthouse and this was their 'fancy' wedding. I'm not knocking renewals and anniversary celebrations. Just saying I never entertained the thought of renewing my vows. But not judging either -- whatever people need, go for it.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

If the show was about a group of people who were happy all of the time.  Their children never got angry and they never got angry at the children and so on and so....well...no one would watch it.

Let's face it.  Everyone sits in judgment of another.  That's what this show does for it's viewers.

Each viewer pulls from it whatever is going right or lacking in their relationships.

But I will tell you, what I love, really love about TV is if I'm not happy about how a show is going or people make me angry...whatever, I grab that changer and fast forward right over it or them.

Moving right along....be nice to do that in real life, but then it would be boring.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@jeanlake   Agree about "dry drunk".  I don't recall Eddie attending AA and having a sponsor, either.

As much as I like Katherine, I feel she doesn't fully understand what it means for Eddie to stay sober.  She's looking to a better future in her marriege with a sober husband and that will not work out for either of them without program.  Especially not for Theo.

@Cakers3   The show could do a real service to the subject of 'addiction' overall if they referenced meetings, sponsors, the 12 steps etc.  A small part of recovery is  giving up  the drug of choice.

@Ibby114   Absolutely.  But then we would actually have characters who get their acts together.  Well, maybe except Katherine who has more going for her than any of the other "adults".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh