Frequent Contributor

I really like this show. Does anybody know if last night was the season finale? I did not hear that announced at the end or beginning like they do on most programs. I did see commercials that said another show would be on in that time slot next Thursday. Did they switch A Million Little things to another time slot? I would sure hate to miss it.

Oh well I did read a post here that said it might be cancelled. This show and The Resident are the only programs I watch and really like. The Resident is not on this coming week and their season finale is April 7th. Guess I will just be reading.

Also I do think Regina is being very unfair to Rome. Now he will probably go back into a deep depression. And I want to see what happens to Eddie; does he live or die?

Esteemed Contributor

@icaughtu  - Yes, last night was the season finale.  I had not heard it may be cancelled.

I didn't find Regina's sudden desire to have a baby to be believable.  After what she said to him last night, this will cause more problems between them.

I'm curious too about Eddie's fate.

Frequent Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@icaughtu  - Yes, last night was the season finale.  I had not heard it may be cancelled.

I didn't find Regina's sudden desire to have a baby to be believable.  After what she said to him last night, this will cause more problems between them.

@twinsister  Thank you so much for the info. I am sad to hear that last night was the season finale though. I sure do hope it is not cancelled.  I sure wish t.v. was the same as when I was young. Programs starting in September and running through May with reruns in the summer. Those days are long gone. I just have basic cable so I do not get all those other channels; have never heard of most of the programs.

Valued Contributor

I thought there were laws that when you ok to give up your baby for adoption  after birth you sign the necessary papers with the lawyers case closed.how can you change your mind the last minute like that.

as for EDDIE  I am sure he died as what I read...

Honored Contributor

I don't know much about adoptions but I believe this was an open adoption and I thought the birth parents always had X amount of time to change their mind.  It takes awhile even after papers are signed for an adoption to be finalized.  For some reason it seemed very obvious to me that there was going to be a change of heart and the adoption wouldn't go through.

I thought Eddie was going to get jumped by the 2 guys you could see in the background walking as he was coming out of the bar and talking to Katherine.  It was obvious something was going to happen but I didn't think he'd get hit by a car.

I wonder if the guy that hit Eddie was the older guy sitting there drinking that Eddie claimed saved his life?  Perhaps he was drunk and shouldn't have been driving.    

I can't figure out what is going on with Gary.  Maggie confronts him about how she feels and he goes off on her, rejects her and goes back to new girlfriend.  New girlfriend leaves the hospital and tells Gary she doesn't have time for games.  Gary goes to the airport to speak to Maggie and tells her when she comes back from Oxford, he and Collin will be there to hear all about it.  Then Gary leaves the airport and goes back to new girlfriend's house.  So did Gary make the trip to the airport just to tell Maggie he wants to be friends with her?  

Honored Contributor

Poor Regina and Rome, I had a feeling Eve was going to change her mind. I don't think it has been said, but are Rome and Regina unable to have a biological child, or Regina is not interested in becoming pregnant? As for Eddie I kept thinking to myself, don't drink, don't drink. I knew something bad was coming for Eddie, no one has a happy ending.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't know much about adoptions but I believe this was an open adoption and I thought the birth parents always had X amount of time to change their mind.  It takes awhile even after papers are signed for an adoption to be finalized.  For some reason it seemed very obvious to me that there was going to be a change of heart and the adoption wouldn't go through.

I thought Eddie was going to get jumped by the 2 guys you could see in the background walking as he was coming out of the bar and talking to Katherine.  It was obvious something was going to happen but I didn't think he'd get hit by a car.

I wonder if the guy that hit Eddie was the older guy sitting there drinking that Eddie claimed saved his life?  Perhaps he was drunk and shouldn't have been driving.    

I can't figure out what is going on with Gary.  Maggie confronts him about how she feels and he goes off on her, rejects her and goes back to new girlfriend.  New girlfriend leaves the hospital and tells Gary she doesn't have time for games.  Gary goes to the airport to speak to Maggie and tells her when she comes back from Oxford, he and Collin will be there to hear all about it.  Then Gary leaves the airport and goes back to new girlfriend's house.  So did Gary make the trip to the airport just to tell Maggie he wants to be friends with her?  

@Lipstickdiva  Woman Mad  this was probably the guy who hit him...

"I wonder if the guy that hit Eddie was the older guy sitting there drinking that Eddie claimed saved his life?  Perhaps he was drunk and shouldn't have been driving."

And I think Gary was clearing his conscience, with tracking down Maggie at the airport. Or maybe he just want to keep that window open in case the new girlfriend doesn't work out?   Woman Frustrated

I was also certain the adoption wouldn't go through, from the beginning of the Eve storyline. It was happening too easy- I know the struggles people go through when adopting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@twocatlou wrote:

I tolerated the first season and now I'm done.  Immature and weepy characters aren't a draw for me.  I'm amazed it hasn't been cancelled yet.   They definitely need help from the writers of THIS IS US.  

I know several people who watch both and have said they like this better than This Is Us. 

@Lipstickdiva   I'm one of those people.  This is better to me.

Honored Contributor

Assuming it's not cancelled, I'm glad I won't have to suffer through a baby storyline; although, I doubt the last has been heard from that birth mother.

I also doubt Eddie is dead but it will be touch and go with lots of tears from Delilah. Hoping for a new hairstyle.

I never liked Maggie so glad Oxford is getting her. The new girlfriend is better for Gary and he seems to know it.

I don't watch This is Us, saw the promos and hated them, found the characters cringey.

Esteemed Contributor

@icaughtu wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

@twinsister  Thank you so much for the info. I am sad to hear that last night was the season finale though. I sure do hope it is not cancelled.  I sure wish t.v. was the same as when I was young. Programs starting in September and running through May with reruns in the summer. Those days are long gone. I just have basic cable so I do not get all those other channels; have never heard of most of the programs.

@icaughtu  - We must be around the same age, because I also remember when we had a much longer TV season.  Reruns were only in the summer.   In today's world, most of these shows are off more than they are on, between fall finales and winter finales.