Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Delilia's friends take her daughter into their home and then she shows up insisting on seeing her after she was told not to come. She's so self centered and entitled. Her daughter isn't any better but her age gives her some excuse.

@occasionalrain , Thank you.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things SEASON 2

Two excellent guest stars last night, Sutton Foster from Younger, and Marcia Gay Harden. I was disappointed in the ending. But at least we did get to the truth about Eric. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I caught up on all my recorded episodes this afternoon and I hate Delilah more than ever. I wish Kathrine would slap her.

@QVCkitty1   LOL

*note to self-never tick off indoor kitty*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I missed the last 20 minutes of the show-will catch up this weekend. I really like Marcia Gay Harden, I also think she looks a lot like Sandra Bullock......

Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things SEASON 2

@Shelbelle wrote:

Two excellent guest stars last night, Sutton Foster from Younger, and Marcia Gay Harden. I was disappointed in the ending. But at least we did get to the truth about Eric. 

@Shelbelle   We were pretty sure that it was his fiance who had the heart especially when we saw Eric had no scar.

One thing about this show-it's fairly predictable. 

If it seems like one thing, go with the other.  LOL

I'm not feeling the adoption with Rome and Regina, either.  They don't even have a baby/child to adopt and she's out with her mother buying things??

I did feel for Regina, though, being bi-racial as a child and what she went through with that awful uncle. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Delilia's friends take her daughter into their home and then she shows up insisting on seeing her after she was told not to come. She's so self centered and entitled. Her daughter isn't any better but her age gives her some excuse.

@occasionalrain  completely agree with your thoughts above. It explains my take on this week's episode which I felt was rather manipulative. Having Delilah's dad talk to Sophie {who he thought was Delilah due to Alzheimer's } about what a good dad Jon was but not such a good husband. The effect this was supposed to achieve was to get Sophie to stop feuding with her mom and the viewers to start feeling more empathic about Delilah's character. Didn't work for me. It did however get Sophie to return home. Even though she stated it was for that night it's the turning point in her understanding why her mom cheated and beginning to forgive.

Loved the scenes with Theo and Katherine - especially the dinner which included Eddie when they ended up having the food fight at the table. Normally I wouldn't condone that kind of behavior but this family needs to loosen up and lose control every now and then. They are really turning what could have been the end of their little family into rebuilding it better and stronger.

Last thing: Gerald McRaney who played Delilah's dad last season has now been replaced by Paul Guilfoyle.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Writers did a good job getting mother/daughter talking. Wasn't sure how that was going to happen. 

Hope the baby business turns out well. Not sure Rome/Roman can handle another bad year. 

Katherine is amazing. Respect her more than anyone on that show. For someone who started out as the 'distant' friend she sure has recovered nicely -- at quite a cost to her sanity.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

Writers did a good job getting mother/daughter talking. Wasn't sure how that was going to happen. 

Hope the baby business turns out well. Not sure Rome/Roman can handle another bad year. 

Katherine is amazing. Respect her more than anyone on that show. For someone who started out as the 'distant' friend she sure has recovered nicely -- at quite a cost to her sanity.  

@jeanlake   I agree about Katherine.

I'm not sure about the Rome/Regina adoption.  I understand she changed her mind when she saw Rome talk PJ out of suicide, but I don't think that storyline is realistic.  Of course the new drama with the potential young mother willing to give up her baby will take a long time to resolve.

The characters of Rome and Regina needed a boost-they were being left behind with all the drama surrounding Delilah.  I guess this is the best way to bring them to the forefront.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I missed the last 20 minutes of the show-will catch up this weekend. I really like Marcia Gay Harden, I also think she looks a lot like Sandra Bullock......

@CANDLEQUEEN   I knew Gary's mother looked familiar!! I haven't seen Marcia Gay Harden in years. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain  completely agree with your thoughts above. It explains my take on this week's episode which I felt was rather manipulative. Having Delilah's dad talk to Sophie {who he thought was Delilah due to Alzheimer's } about what a good dad Jon was but not such a good husband. The effect this was supposed to achieve was to get Sophie to stop feuding with her mom and the viewers to start feeling more empathic about Delilah's character. Didn't work for me. It did however get Sophie to return home. Even though she stated it was for that night it's the turning point in her understanding why her mom cheated and beginning to forgive.

Loved the scenes with Theo and Katherine - especially the dinner which included Eddie when they ended up having the food fight at the table. Normally I wouldn't condone that kind of behavior but this family needs to loosen up and lose control every now and then. They are really turning what could have been the end of their little family into rebuilding it better and stronger.

Last thing: Gerald McRaney who played Delilah's dad last season has now been replaced by Paul Guilfoyle.

@Tique  I think this scene with Sophie and her grandfather also made her realize - 'life is so short'.... It was so well written - and very real.  It hit home for me, having experienced alzheimers on a personal level.