Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

You don't steal someone's dog and essentially that is what Gary is doing. There is no reason to think that dog was tied up in a yard or in a crate all the time.  That family could have children who are devastated over the loss of their dog.  If the people didn't care about him, why would they have posted a sign they were looking for him?  

When they were looking for Colin, they came across one they thought was Colin in either a pound or at a rescue facility.  It turned out it wasn't Colin.  Perhaps Colin will go back to his rightful owner and Gary will rescue the other one, assuming the other one isn't the dog that has been missing for a year.   

Honored Contributor

In the picture of the missing dog it appeared  he had a heavy chain about his neck. Not good. Why would he run away if he were happy there? He didn't go far from his home with Gary, only into the basement.

Honored Contributor

Love this show and all of the characters. I really have a great deal of respect for Katherine, she seems like the most tender hearted and willing to do whatever it takes to help others. I think she has been treated the worst, I think Delilah needs to be honest about what happened. It will all come out eventually, she must realize that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Katherine is a good woman. I don't know if I could babysit my husband's child with another woman ( while we were still married). When the show first started we were led to believe Katherine was not that maternal, too involved in her career, not very nice to Eddie and the group ( she was kind of on the outside looking in). I have come to like her very much, she is a good woman she can put her feelings aside for the good of the group. Eddie should bow down to her, he's lucky she is sticking around.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things SEASON 2

@occasionalrain wrote:

Colin has a good home with Gary. His former owner may have had him chained to a doghouse or he may have spent hours in a dog create. Better he stay where he is.

Why didn't the former owner put a chip in him? Makes me think he was not that interested in the dog. I think Gary should keep the dog. He is loved and has a great home. Beautiful dog and very sweet.  We shall see what happens next week.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

In the picture of the missing dog it appeared  he had a heavy chain about his neck. Not good. Why would he run away if he were happy there? He didn't go far from his home with Gary, only into the basement.

@occasionalrain   I thought so too but the picture was faded and unclear.  Plus Colin is a huge dog so we don't know how he was really tied up, which would be required by law.

I don't think the dog ran away from that family; dogs get loose and explore.  It doesn't mean the dog was unhappy.

Plus the owner put up a flyer at the shelter, clearly hoping to get him back.

Did Gary ever try to find Colin's owner or did he just assume he could keep him?  I don't recall.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Katherine is the bread winner while Eddie is.........Eddie.

Maybe his "career" as a musician was somewhat successful, but he wasn't even around for Theo's birth. 

Now he's a stay-at-home dad, which is fine.  But I"m not really sure just what he did except give some piano lessons and sneak around with Delilah.

I believe they said Katherine was the "fun one" in the whole group but she grew up faster than Eddie did and so now it looked like she was hard-hearted and just all about the career.  But somebody had to support all of them, and it sure wasn't going to be Eddie.

She loves Theo and I have to give her major kudos for still working at a marriage that was so disrespected by Eddie.

I think it's about time that they start supporting Katherine more; Jon's death affected all of them but all this hovering over Delilah is getting old.

Respected Contributor

Once again everyone can just immediately drop everything to go help their friend.  

Did they ever do a paternity test?  I know Gary said he took Jon for a vasectomy, and when Delilah told Eddie she said she and John hadn't been intimate in however long.  Why wouldn't Delilah have told Eddie about the vasectomy also.  I guess the vasectomy was an afterthought to give Gary a reason to have known Charlie's father all along.

So nine months after her husband dies, Delilah is ready for a new boyfriend.  I'm not saying nine months is necessarily too soon, but her life is already complicated.

And speaking of nine months, didn't Jon die in October?  It is supposed to be July and they are wearing clothing for colder weather, and why are the kids in school?

Honored Contributor

I find Delilah to be flighty and fickle; those are the nice words.  I alluded earlier it was possible she could have had a one-night stand. She strikes me as someone who can move from man to man easily. I don't get the impression she misses Eddie and they were supposedly getting ready to leave their respective spouses to be together when Jon died. To his credit. Eddie did realize he was about to walk away from the best thing he had probably ever had. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I mentioned upthread someplace that Jon could have changed his mind about getting the vasectomy, even though Gary drove him.  It doesn't mean he went through with it in the procedure room.

Deliliah claims she and Jon had not been "together" in a long time but what is a long time?  Or was that just an excuse to have an affair.

It wouldn't surprise me if the writers turn this around and Charlie really is Jon's baby.

Of course after the kids are all told that Eddie is the father.  So much drama, so little time.

I agree Delilah is flighty and while I don't mind that a new relationship is developing for her, will she keep this one away from her kids?