Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

Anyone still with this one... No comments on last week's show... I thought it was all right... The group seems to be coming to terms with the infidelity and some seem to be realizing they've been a bit on the 'all about them' side... Was not happy to see Gerald McRaney added to the cast in the role of grandad with dementia... First, it seemed like such a blatant ploy, given his popular role on the NBC drama. I mean, come on, is he the only aging television character actor Hollywood has on offer... On top of that, so far, the show is dealing with suicide, infidelity, and serious health/life and death issues... Personally, I'm not sure they needed to add a PSA for dementia to the mix...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Anyone still with this one... No comments on last weeks show... I thought it was all right... The group seems to be coming to terms with the infidelity and some seem to be realizing they've been a bit on the 'all about them' side... Was not happy to see Gerald McRaney added to the cast in the role of grandad with dementia... First, it seemed like such a blatant ploy, given his popular role on the NBC drama. I mean, come on, is he the only aging television actor Hollywood has on offer... On top of that, so far, the show is dealing with suicide, infidelity, and serious health/life and death issues... Personally, I'm not sure they needed to add a PSA for dementia to the mix...

@stevieb  still watching. Agree with you completely about Gerald McRaney. They aren't using him much in the other show but there are  other aging actors who could have been cast in that role to avoid cross characterization between the two shows. It was nice for all the friends to gather for pizza night - especially after seeing how much it meant to Jon as well as his friends and family.

Katherine is growing on me. She was so kind to Jon and Delilah's daughter when she stopped by to play with Eddie.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I DVR'd it and just haven't had a chance to watch it yet.   

Respected Contributor

The writer said he wants the show to be about Rome and and the depression he is fighting and Jon's suicide was a wake-up call to get help.   

Maggie is so vulnerable right now. After the support group incident she should have stayed away from Gary. She is lonely and scared. He knows how to play her

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the same thing about McCraney, he is so wonderful as Dr K, wish we could just leave it at that, guess he is looking for another Emmy.

Honored Contributor

Awww...."Rainbow Connection".  Kermit sang it better, though.

Image result for rainbow connection gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Good for Katherine. She didn't make the mistake that some women make after having a wonderful day with Eddie and Theo. She didn't let that temporary feeling of happiness make her believe that it could be extended into permanence.

As soon as I saw that pregnancy test box, I knew it was somehow going to be Delilah's.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll give it another viewing, but after last night's show, this one might soon be history for me... I thought it was a pretty uninteresting episode and can see the show easily slipping more and more into soapdom. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer my soaps a little more over the top. On top of that, I just don't like Gary. Despite his nicer side, I just don't like him and have a really hard time seeing him as some sort of lady-killer, he's just not attractive, to me anyway. I also am not interested in a big focus on the kids, which seems imminent. Should Eddie and Delilah reconnect the daughter will go nuts. As for the music, I've always thought it to be a pretty weak link where this show is concerned... Not much interested in seeing them drag out a depression story line with Rome. They've made their point. I do want to see what Ashley's been up to, which appears to come up next week. Oh yea, and Delilah's pregnancy was sort of predictable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have a question.  I'm very early into last week's episode and I still have to watch last night as well.

How long are these guys supposed to have known each other?  I know they met as adults in that elevator and then started going to hockey games together. For some reason, I didn't think they had been friends for that many years. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have a question.  I'm very early into last week's episode and I still have to watch last night as well.

How long are these guys supposed to have known each other?  I know they met as adults in that elevator and then started going to hockey games together. For some reason, I didn't think they had been friends for that many years. 

@Lipstickdiva, they aren't childhood friends, I think they were strangers who met in an elevator. Somehow I'm thinking they have been friends for 4 years, give or take a couple of years.