Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Catherine treated Eddie like a child, ordering him about. He had to ask her permission to go with his friends. She even answered his phone; my husband would never do that or go through my bag and I would never answer his or look through his wallet.

Agree @occasionalrain... and as far as Eddie being child-like, don't expect me to believe she wasn't aware she was marrying someone with a bit of a Peter Pan syndrome... If she didn't know what she was getting into, then she surely figured it out pretty quickly... 

The simple fact, though some seem to want to go all moralistic and lay blame on 'the cheaters', is that every relationship is an interaction of two parties and typically when they fail, the 'fault' doesn't lie exclusively with one or the other..,

@stevieb  And sometimes the fault is exclusive to one.  The one who is too immature to work it out with the spouse; instead falls back on the ever ego-boosting extramarital affair.

It isn't about being moralistic; it's about the boo-hoo poor me attitude they have.

Put on the big girl/big boy pants, find a way to fix the marital problems either with the spouse or alone and take it from there.

Affairs hardly ever lead to a new happier marriage.  It's all about ego, sometimes revenge, and most often about lack of maturity to deal with issues.

@Cakers3 As seems often to be the case, we have different points of view and will have to agree to disagree... Incidentally though, sometimes affairs are the result of a match that likely shouldn't have happened in the first place... Not all relationships should be or can be fixed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Catherine treated Eddie like a child, ordering him about. He had to ask her permission to go with his friends. She even answered his phone; my husband would never do that or go through my bag and I would never answer his or look through his wallet.

@occasionalrain  He picks at a guitar all day.  He acts like a child so he is treated like a child.  He really doesn't seem to add anything to their home.  I'm not saying Katherine is right all the time but I think she is just frustrated working her backside off and having to reschedule things just to pick up her son-which HE was supposed to do but wanted to go out and play.

i dont know @Cakers3. we definitely know he has multiple students. iis he trying to break into the music industry, is he a music writer, performer? if katherine is the main breadwinner then maybe he runs the household.......cooking, cleaning, errands, homework help, sons activities? i dont really see him necessarily "acting like a child."  we definitely need to see more of their home life.

From what we've seen so far, which agreed, isn't much, he appears to be a devoted and loving father to his son...

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Now here's my question about Ashley.

She deleted Jon's files-Rutledge project, am I correct?

Then we see her on the phone saying to hold off on the liquidation because Subway is back on.  Now Subway was mentioned earlier regarding the restaurant.

I think Jon was about to lose his shirt in his business dealings and that is why he put Deliah on the deed to the restaurant.

I have no idea what's going on with Ashley or the whole idea of buying a restaurant for a friend?  When they put something on the screen that I have to read, I either can't see it or can't read fast enough lol.  I thought Ashley changed it and put Delilah's name on the deed.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Now here's my question about Ashley.

She deleted Jon's files-Rutledge project, am I correct?

Then we see her on the phone saying to hold off on the liquidation because Subway is back on.  Now Subway was mentioned earlier regarding the restaurant.

I think Jon was about to lose his shirt in his business dealings and that is why he put Deliah on the deed to the restaurant.

I have no idea what's going on with Ashley or the whole idea of buying a restaurant for a friend?  When they put something on the screen that I have to read, I either can't see it or can't read fast enough lol.  I thought Ashley changed it and put Delilah's name on the deed.  

She did delete either a string of emails or a bunch of documents from his computer. She's pretty defninitely been tampering with the paper documents and there's something going on, for sure, but we don't know yet what it is... Be interesting to find out just what she's up to...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Agree @occasionalrain... and as far as Eddie being child-like, don't expect me to believe she wasn't aware she was marrying someone with a bit of a Peter Pan syndrome... If she didn't know what she was getting into, then she surely figured it out pretty quickly... 

The simple fact, though some seem to want to go all moralistic and lay blame on 'the cheaters', is that every relationship is an interaction of two parties and typically when they fail, the 'fault' doesn't lie exclusively with one or the other..,

The blame to me always lies with the cheater.  No matter what is going on in a relationship, you don't cheat.  You act like a grown adult.  Communicate with your spouse, try and work out the problems, go to therapy if need be and if all else fails, move on.  But you don't cheat. 

As an aside, I don't think Gary's reaction was out of the norm.  This is a guy who relied on this friendship. These guys are like brothers to him.  And as Jon said in that video.....wives are off limits.  Yes at that time I don't believe he meant cheating, that is a given, but how fitting now.   I'm guessing he'll come to terms with this and soften his stance.  But right now he's lost a good friend to suicide and thinks it may be the fault of another good friend.   

As far as these guys having other friends, the show is about this particular group of friends so I don't understand thinking others would be introduced to the show as outside friends.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain  He picks at a guitar all day.  He acts like a child so he is treated like a child.  He really doesn't seem to add anything to their home.  I'm not saying Katherine is right all the time but I think she is just frustrated working her backside off and having to reschedule things just to pick up her son-which HE was supposed to do but wanted to go out and play.

i dont know @Cakers3. we definitely know he has multiple students. iis he trying to break into the music industry, is he a music writer, performer? if katherine is the main breadwinner then maybe he runs the household.......cooking, cleaning, errands, homework help, sons activities? i dont really see him necessarily "acting like a child."  we definitely need to see more of their home life.

@sunshine45, I'd like to see more of how their home life came to be as well.  What is Eddie's profession?  Did he do something prior and wasn't happy?  Did it go south?  Did he and Katherine decide together he would be a stay at home dad while she worked?  Right now they seem to be focusing on D's daughter being his student but they've also mentioned sutdentS in the plural.  He could have a student every hour paying him $30.00+ per hour.  We just don't know.

But he's still a cheating dog.  Woman LOL  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@sunshine45, I'd like to see more of how their home life came to be as well.  What is Eddie's profession?  Did he do something prior and wasn't happy?  Did it go south?  Did he and Katherine decide together he would be a stay at home dad while she worked?  Right now they seem to be focusing on D's daughter being his student but they've also mentioned sutdentS in the plural.  He could have a student every hour paying him $30.00+ per hour.  We just don't know.

Of course, if he's a cheating dog, then so is Delilah... Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Of course, if he's a cheating dog, then so is Delilah... Smiley Wink 

@stevieb, absolutely she is but I was responding to Sunshine's comment which was about Eddie.  

Honored Contributor

Does anyone think Delilah was in love with Eddie? Eddie told Gary he and Delilah were in love but I've never heard Delilah say that unless I missed it.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Does anyone think Delilah was in love with Eddie? Eddie told Gary he and Delilah were in love but I've never heard Delilah say that unless I missed it.

@Tique, I get the feeling it was an affair to Delilah, I don’t think she was looking to bail on Jon. Eddie seemed more committed, he wanted a life with Delilah and seems very unhappy in his marriage to Grace(?).