Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of Stephanie Szostak so I was already in before it even started. I loved the show so much I watched it a second time with my husband. He really liked it too!

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch because I expected it to be a lot of soul searching by a bunch of self involved pretentious people.

I don't watch This is Us. I saw the prmos and found the characters unappealing, as is the title.

Honored Contributor

WOW......just watched this encore showing tonight and i am hooked. i had a tear in my eye during the first half an hour and i am just getting to know these characters!

definitely a few twists. i also thought that the character who died was having an affair, but i wonder just what was going on with him and why the secretary was deleting stuff and hid his envelope and phone?

i thought it was very well cast.

looking forward to future episodes. i thought it was excellent!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Because the show has had promos for months i watched it tonite.  I rarely watch network programs.   As always the actors are all perfect looking and the writers for the networks reveal all the first episode . it's so unrealistic that two well off  married people having an affair would just walk out - packing suitcases no less.   So fake. theres a thing called alimony in mass: still alive and well, and losing your shirt in a divorce.

Honored Contributor

It's a show to watch for entertainment.  Why does everything have to be realistic?  

Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I didn't watch because I expected it to be a lot of soul searching by a bunch of self involved pretentious people.

I don't watch This is Us. I saw the prmos and found the characters unappealing, as is the title.

I agree about This is Us (stupid name). I watched it for about half of Season One and that was more than enough for me... That said, and while I've only seen the first episode of Million Little Things (also not a great name...), I will give it another viewing, as I found it better than expected and so far, not the clone of This is Us that I thought it would be... To be sure, the show has its share of millennial angst, but, so far anyway, it's not nearly as cloying and annoying as This is Us... First of all, they aren't playing the time warp again... to the extent the other show does, with multiple actors portraying the same characters jumping back and forth, though the years, over and over and over again, and thankfully, we already know how the now deceased character came to be deceased (suicide) so the guessing isn't around how, it's going to be around why... In this instance, rather than appearing to be playing games to manipulate the audience, the writers appear to be creating an actual mystery... I'd also add that while the remaining core group of friends are and will continue to be impacted by the suicide of one of them, so far anyway, we aren't seeing a bunch of neurotics made seriously dysfunctional, apparently for the rest of their lives, by the loss, decades ago, of their flawed but deified father, as is the case with This is Us...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

It's a show to watch for entertainment.  Why does everything have to be realistic?  

why not? there are a number of us that enjoy these types of shows......for the story, for the characters.

there are an enormous amount of shows on via so many different avenues that no one should be worried about any of the "realistic" shows that people enjoy watching. you can find angst, humor, surprise, horror, reality, educational, fantasy, and more.

cable, broadcast, satellite, youtube, hulu, acorn, netflix,  amazon, and countless other ways to get what you want these days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

interesting. A sad subject. Suicide

@Mary Bailey  Seems to be the movie "The Big Chill" without the great music.

I'm surprised at Roday's performance after his clownish antics in "Psych".  He's doing a good job, imo.

Will continue to watch.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

why not? there are a number of us that enjoy these types of shows......for the story, for the characters.

there are an enormous amount of shows on via so many different avenues that no one should be worried about any of the "realistic" shows that people enjoy watching. you can find angst, humor, surprise, horror, reality, educational, fantasy, and more.

cable, broadcast, satellite, youtube, hulu, acorn, netflix,  amazon, and countless other ways to get what you want these days.

While I don't disagree there are many ways to obtain entertainment these days, the fact also remains that most of them are not free and some of them are pretty costly... Not everyone wishes to or is able to devote the resources to access these many platforms to be entertained. What some viewers would like is for the broadcast networks and basic cable to offer a better and wider variety of programming than they currently do or have for some time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I will keep watching for now because at least it is something different and not another medical or police drama.