Honored Contributor

OMG! They're texting each other!  My pet peeve.  If they keep doing this I know I won't watch the thing!  It's not left on the screen (or large enough to read).  Ugh!

Valued Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I didn’t watch it on purpose .... whenever I turn on the news it’s nothing but, murder & other horrible stuff that I really don’t want to hear about .... so, the TV shows that I choose to watch are comedies, musicals or any up beat shows that put me in a happy mood.... I don’t want to watch tear jerkers that pull me down especially right before bedtime.

@January121 wrote:

I didn’t watch it on purpose .... whenever I turn on the news it’s nothing but, murder & other horrible stuff that I really don’t want to hear about .... so, the TV shows that I choose to watch are comedies, musicals or any up beat shows that put me in a happy mood.... I don’t want to watch tear jerkers that pull me down especially right before bedtime.🙃

Better stay away from New Amsterdam!! Spoiler alert....IT’S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I was curious about this show and decided to watch. I thought it was very sad and depressing and sort of like the movie The Big Chill. 

I FF through the last 30 minutes because it got boring to me but did see the scene with Jon's wife having the affair with one of his friends.  I will not be watching the next episode or the rest of the series.

The ratings were horrible:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/a-million-little-things-ratings-single-parents-1202959709/

@SWEET  I clicked on that link and had barely started reading the article when I got a pop up to click about something I had won.  I just closed the window in my browser to get out of it.  I couldn't do anything else.  There was no way to read the article because of the pop up.

Sorry about that.  I had no problem.  It was just a blurb stating that the ratings were 1.1 vs. Survivor.  Nothing more was said.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2@Mary Bailey

This one was such a downer for me...we both agreed to think about whether to watch again.

People like this have lousy values.

@Annabellethecat66

We had our paperwork updated too last month.

IDK..with “This Is Us” I feel lights of hopefulness. But not this one.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I liked the show and will watch again. First I have to say the promo mentioned you would need tissues at the ready, on a scale of 1 (didn't cry) - 5 ( sobbing uncontrollably), I was a 1. Secondly, I don't approve of Eddie ( David Giutoli) having an affair with Delilah (Stephanie Szostak) the wife of his best friend Jon (Ron Livingston) who committed suicide. I think Jon knew about the affair, he said in a toast about friendship is trust with your wallet, keys,wife, and kids. You saw Jon tried to call Eddie who was in bed with Delilah, he ignored the call. Lastly Jon's assistant Ashley (Christina Ochoa) is definitely hiding something. It wouldn't surprise me if she was having an affair with Jon.

@Jordan2     I was also a 1. Maybe that was because I hadn't gotten to know the people. I'm going to say this differently. I don't approve of Delilah having an affair with her husband's best friend. Although Eddie did betray Jon, Delilah is the one who broke the vows she made to him. So far I like this new drama. Will continue to watch. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Very bittersweet show and I liked it a lot

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I liked the show a lot. 

I thought the affair was an interesting twist.  All along I was sure Jon was having an affair with his secretary and couldn't bear to face his wife over it or end the affair so that's why he committes suicide.  I also liked how they went through most of the show and you knew the guy was having an affair with someone but didn't know it was Jon's wife.    

Super Contributor

Re: A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

Looked very sad so didnt watch. Two people I knew committed suicide and just cannot watch anything about it at this point.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

For those who didn't watch the premiere last week, ABC is re-showing it tonight after DWTS.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I watched it and I think it's going to end up being like ER was for me.  A great show that I can't watch at 10 pm (before bed) because it gets me too buzzed up.  

I think the first episode started off with a bang as far as different storylines and perhaps it was just too much for me because I had a hard time sleeping.  The kicker is that I was sleepy and I forced myself to stay awake and watch the show.

I don't have cable so I can't DVR it for another time.  Perhaps I will wait until each episode is availabe for viewing online and try to watch it during the daytime.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise