Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen this?  If you have, just wondering if you liked it.

I saw it today.

If I get any responses and reviews, I'll post mine at the end.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I did not see it; however, a very good friend of ours went to see it and she highly recommended it to me.

That's about all that I know about the movie.  The trailers look like it would be good.

Respected Contributor

One of my friends saw this movie last week. She raved about it, and says the actress who plays his nextdoor neighbor should get an Oscar...I don't even know who the actress is, but we may go see the movie this weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Man Called Otto

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  saw it on Tuesday. Had high expectations. They were met. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I saw it on Tuesday and really liked it.  Tom Hanks is always good and the co-stars were so good.  I will see it again when it's available on Netflix.  I read the book a few years ago and loved it, too.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A Man Called Otto

[ Edited ]

The Scandinavian book, A Man Called Ove, which this movie is based on was very good.  The movie was Americanized but we throughly enjoyed it, too.  The acting was good, with one possible exception.

Honored Contributor

I loved the book.  I can't wait to see the movie.

Respected Contributor

The book and Swedish movie are wonderful.  

Honored Contributor

The Swedish movie is on Amazon Prime right now.   Haven't watched it.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate all the responses.

So, what did I think of the movie?

I walked out with probably 35-40 minutes left.  It's only the 2nd movie I've ever walked out of in my life.  I really, really didn't like it.  At all.

Maybe the subject matter of a man dealing with his grief over losing his wife hit a little too close to home for me since I lost my husband 2 years ago.  I don't know.  I don't care for flashbacks in movies and I found absolutely none of it humorous.  The movie, up to the point I left, didn't really make me sad, but I didn't like the flashbacks. It made me uncomfortable. And, again, up to the point I left, I didn't like the main character at all.  Had no interest. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?