Honored Contributor

Re: A MILLION LITTLE THINGS-Season Premiere 9/22

@VanSleepy wrote:

It's not surprising about Rome's movie. Nothing good can ever happen to any of these people. I wouldn't want to be in this unfortunate friend group.

Oh wait. Theo's crush likes him back. (sarcasm)

@VanSleepy   LOL  No kidding.  Talk about depressing lives.

Aww, little Theo is growing up.  Time to ditch the robot underpants.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Good to see it return last night. Good episode!!!

Honored Contributor

So Peter is demanding the podcast be taken down or he will go to the police.  I knew he would blackmail Gary somehow.

I'm still SMH about that podcast anyway.  Why in the world was Sophie allowed to give out Peter's name???? 

Another mess by Maggie allowing this to happen.

Sophie should have told her story, for certain.  But naming Peter??  No arrest, no trial, nothing to prove what she was saying. 

Rome violating terms and going ahead showing his movies.

Do any of these folks think before they act???

Honored Contributor

This is yet another show that I stopped watching but have it sitting on my DVR.   

I just hated the way he and that other guy beat up the molester.  It's not like I didn't think he should be punished, I just couldn't how he could come back and get away with it.

I think it was stupid that the writers colored him into a corner that I felt he couldn't get out of it.

Meanwhile, between several of my shows that are sitting on my DVR piling up (I think I have 10 episodes of General Hospital alone.

I'm just so frustrated in some of these shows...the direction they're trying to take us viewers.

I'm constantly getting messages from Comcast asking me if I want to make it possible for me to make more shows DVR.

Boo hoo.  Thanks for listening ladies.

🥲

Honored Contributor

I thought this past past weeks episode was really good! Now Peter's wife is leaving him! Rome does tend to get himself in a lot of trouble, by not thinking through the consequences! I wonder if he or Regina will end up having an affair with someone being separated for that long?

Gary is just too much-always acting without thinking as well....Its an interesting cast of characters for sure..

Honored Contributor

Too much has been made of what happened to Sophie, unpleasant, a disappoint but not traumatic. Peter can sue, but that just brings him more negative attention and others coming forward  to accuse him. Before exposing him on a podcast, she should have gone to his wife who, while innocent, will be exposed to unwanted attention and speculation. Seems Maggie and Sophie cared nothing at all about her, never spared her a thought.

Honored Contributor

What is the difference between Sophie naming Peter and other women IRL accusing men of sexual harrassment, inappropriate behavior, etc.?  It happened to someone who was accused by name a few months ago and was just now charged.  

Honored Contributor

Making public accusations against an individual is slander, unless it can be proved. Sophie has no proof, which is the reason the police could do nothing. Peter could sue her and, if there are no other living victims, should.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Making public accusations against an individual is slander, unless it can be proved. Sophie has no proof, which is the reason the police could do nothing. Peter could sue her and, if there are no other living victims, should.

@occasionalrain   After the incident Sophie sent Peter a picture of herself dressed and posed as Brittney Spears.

Peter sent a text back saying that it was inappropriate and that he could no longer work with her. 

He covered his butt.

Sophie knew she messed up and sending it AFTER the incident would do nothing for her credibility.

However, what is in Layla's diary could support the allegation against Peter but only for Layla's encounter, not Sophie's.

Honored Contributor

I do not believe in assigning levels of seriousness to any type of sexual misconduct.

Peter's actions started with filming Sophie a bathing suit.  Then it went on to his self-gratification in front of her.

I believe Peter is a sexual deviant and his students playing in bathing suits is a start in the grooming process.

Once he saw that Sophie agreed to the bathing suit, he was emboldened to do what he did in front of her.

Sophie is still a victim regardless of whether he touched her or not.

He could have escalated the sexual behavior if she continued to work with him.