Super Contributor

Re: A League Of Their Own

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have only watched the first of the eight episodes, it's very good. I wasn't alive in the forties but my dad loved the Big Bands music, Tommy Dorsey and Glen Miller, I like the music too. The actress playing Rosie O'Donnell's role really reminds me of her. Taking place in the forties I found it odd they played a Janis Joplin song Take Another Piece Of My Heart at the end of the episode. 

@Jordan2, I sure noticed that about a 60's song playing at the end of the first episode. It really bothered me. 

One of the main things I enjoy about a well done period movie or series is the music along with the costumes, automobiles, etc.

How could they make such an obvious error?  And if it was done on purpose, WHY? 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB I don't think it was an error, it was a choice as they played music not of that era at the end of each episode (I'm sure you noticed Rosie O'Donnell in the series, even if I didn't recognize her I'd know that voice anywhere).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weve A League Of Their Own

We've seen three episodes of new version and its very well done except so far there's a lot of lesbianism ( obviously that would have been an aspect but they're going a bit overboard imho).

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@MrsSB I don't think it was an error, it was a choice as they played music not of that era at the end of each episode (I'm sure you noticed Rosie O'Donnell in the series, even if I didn't recognize her I'd know that voice anywhere).

@Jordan2 , I only watched the first episode so far. And no, I didn't recognize Rosie O'Donnell anywhere, but I loved her in the movie.

I did notice all the team members have different names than in the movie too.

I'm not sure I'm going to like that they continue to play music not of that era at the end of each episode. I wonder why the intentional anachronism or if it will come up in an interview somewhere?

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Regular Contributor

Re: Weve A League Of Their Own

I agree on the too much lesbianism -- move on already.  I've watched 7 of the episodes and will watch the eighth -- don't know if I will keep watching if there's more.