Honored Contributor

This series based on the film by the same title premieres tomorrow on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed the film and am looking forward to the series ( best quote "there's no crying in baseball"). 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this information!  I love A League of Their Own and have seen it many times, I never tire of it, such a great baseball movie!  The cast is excellent and the story line wonderful!  Honoring these women who played baseball during the war is a tribute to all of them and appreciated.  I visited the Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown, NY around the time this movie was showing.  There was an exhibit honoring the women who played baseball and for whom the movie was based on.  I enjoyed it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

We went to Cooperstown as well.  In fact, we got a family photo of us all dressed up as players, and they had the uniforms from that movie for us women.  I really had to suck in my waist to get into that uniform!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I love that movie.  One of my facebook friends was an extra in a crowd scene at one of the stadiums.  

Also went to Cooperstown and saw the exhibit.  Even got a tee shirt which I wore to rags. 

Honored Contributor

Been to Cooperstown twice, love it!! We stayed last time at the Best Western, it was our 40th anniv, so the mgr said we deserved a special suite. He put us in the one that belongs to Pete Rose, fully decorated in Rose memorabilia, it was  lovely. . 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Been to Cooperstown twice, love it!! We stayed last time at the Best Western, it was our 40th anniv, so the mgr said we deserved a special suite. He put us in the one that belongs to Pete Rose, fully decorated in Rose memorabilia, it was  lovely. . 

@Shelbelle  Love Cooperstown. Been once and spent the night. Want to go back again and stay longer. So much to see.

Honored Contributor

I was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois, home of the Peaches.  I have attended baseball games played on the field where the Peaches played.  

Honored Contributor

I have only watched the first of the eight episodes, it's very good. I wasn't alive in the forties but my dad loved the Big Bands music, Tommy Dorsey and Glen Miller, I like the music too. The actress playing Rosie O'Donnell's role really reminds me of her. Taking place in the forties I found it odd they played a Janis Joplin song Take Another Piece Of My Heart at the end of the episode. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This series based on the film by the same title premieres tomorrow on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed the film and am looking forward to the series ( best quote "there's no crying in baseball"). 

The director was on NPR a few days ago discussing the show.  They were able to talk to Penny Marshal about it before she passed away.  She was all for it.On the same show  They interviewed a lady who played ball, she is in her 90's she was so much fun to listen to.  She was on set as a technical director.  She was a kick.  She is in her 90's and just came out as gay.  She had to hide it ll these years.  She sounded so happy.  What a joy it was to listen to here. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen the movie, but not recently. The series is very different from the movie.