Esteemed Contributor

When I need an escape from the daily news, I've been watching the Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night". I loved them back in the 60s but I wasn't allowed to watch their movies back then as my mom wouldn't take us to see it in the theatre (not that you could even hear the dialogue with all the screaming fans). The movie really was like a string of music videos put together with a silly plot, but who cares? The movie was fun and stands up to the test of time. I would describe the movie as joyful more than anything else.

I love the 60s clothes and hairstyles. Who wouldn't want to go to a disco back then and be part of the swinging 60s like one of the scenes from the movie!

The lads were so well dressed and good looking back then. I don't think they got enough credit for how fashion forward they were

I also downloaded the album from itunes so I can listen to them in the car. Their music is forever!

Honored Contributor

I was a teenager during Beatle mania.  The movie deservedly got excellent reviews when it came out and is still entertaining.  And the music--you can actually understand the words and can dance to it!!

Honored Contributor

Because .... Imagine..... 

Abby Road....forever!Heart

Honored Contributor
@TY That is one film I'll never forget seeing in person when it first came out because....you are exactly right. All the girls in the movie theater were screaming during the movie, just like at their concerts.

I was too young to drive so my mother drove my sister and me way across town to see it (we begged!) because it wasn't playing near our home. After 5 min of the movie and the screaming my mother wanted to leave but there was no way I was getting out of my seat and missing Paul. And oh, that wonderful sound track! I own the film now of course but I'll never forget seeing it first during Beatlemania.

By the way, it has one of my favorite movie lines ever. At the press reception in the USA a woman asks John:"How do you find America?"And John replies "Turn left at Greenland." LOL!
Respected Contributor

I was, am, a big Beatles fan. Me and my girlfriends sat through 3 showings of A Hard Days Night, yes we were screaming.  I never saw the Beatles in person but in the early 90s I saw Paul McCartney and Wings in Berkeley, Calif. I am currently reading Patti Boyd's autobiography "Wonderful Tonight". She met George during the filming of "A Hard Day's Night." He wrote "Something" for her and Eric Clapton wrote "Layla" for her.

Honored Contributor
@chessylady. I read that book when it first came out.
Honored Contributor

This past winter flipping thru the channels looking for something decent to watch, there it was the Beatles "A Hard Day's Night"!!!  Holy cow I thought, I haven't seen this movie since 1964 when it came out on film. I was 11 years old then.

I watched it from start to finish, laughing & well yes, shed a tear or two just because the memories of seeing this flick WAY BACK WHEN came flooding back. Here's why - the VW Bus came out just about then too. My Dad decided he just HAD to have one. It was two-tone grey, we loved this thing, my 2 sisters and me but our mother hated it!!!  When this movie came out, the fam piled into the Bus and went to the drive-in to see it. What a fab night!!!

Long story shor about the Bus, Dad had it for only about 6 months all because of mom. It was a sad day when he turned it in for pale yellow plymouth wagon.

Respected Contributor

I think this could possibly be the best movie musical of all time - at least in the pop genre.  Each song is better than the one before - and EVERY song is GREAT!!!

They were very fashion forward with their suits and their hair and their Beatle boots.  I think that was all thought up by their manager - Brian Epstein.  He also has an interesting biography.

This is one of those movies you can watch over n over and always enjoy it.  I was about 5 or 6 years old when it came out, and yes, me and some friends went to see it in the local theater.  There was a boy down our street who was a HUGE Beatle fan, got all the fanzines, knew all the tidbits and trivia.  I think it was his mother who took us all.

For me, those were the good ole days.  Woman Very Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor
@jellyBEAN. But let's face it. The "plot" (such as it was) was merely a backdrop for the fantastic songs. Love the album and listen to it often. Still fresh and beautiful after all these years.