Honored Contributor

A Hard Day's Night. TONIGHT TCM

At 8:00 ET

Great soundtrack and cute young Beatles. 😍
Respected Contributor

Re: A Hard Day's Night. TONIGHT TCM

LOVE that movie!  Had never seen anything like it when it first came out.  great one liners.  He's Very Clean.  and GROTTY! 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine. There are definitely great one liners in it on addition to the really great music. 🎶🎸🥁🎹🎶
Honored Contributor

OMG Paul was so cute. 😍
Film is from 1964. I was 12 when I saw it at the movies when it came out, and now I'm older than Paul's "grandfather"! Tempus fugit.
Honored Contributor

The grumpy guy on the train was looking at the Beatles just like all the parents did back then! 😆
With disgust and disapproval.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I caught most of the movie....it never gets old.  I saw it originally at the theater all those years ago.  My father drove my sis and I about an hour away in St. Louis to see it.  

Just perfection to me...all so young and, seemingly, sweet and innocent (I don't want to know otherwise).  Just beautiful, youthful faces full of joy.  I just adored them.

What struck me (and always does) is the scenes of the young girls in the audience screaming and calling the names of their "favorite" Beatle.  Many crying and hugging each other and on the verge of fainting.

While those feelings are long gone for me, seeing it again made me cry! 

I can remember seeing the Beatles at Busch Stadium in St. Louis in 1963, and that same scene played out around me.

For me, I was stunned into silence and simply reached out to them as they left the stadium. 

Long ago, and far away.

Trusted Contributor

I love Paul's grandfather in the police station with "fists like matured hams" and singing "A nation once again!"  Then coming up on the elevator on stage.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I liked when grandfather was forging the Beatles' signatures on all those photos! And calling Paul "Pauley."

I have been watching online some recent Paul interviews lately and also re-watched Corden's Carpool Karaoke with Macca so when the movie came on I said to myself OMG I had forgotten just HOW cute Paul was with those big brown eyes, full lips, and chubby cheeks. Soooooo cute.

There is a sad aspect for me watching this film, knowing the future and what happens to Lennon and George. They were so fresh-faced, young and eager in this film. I watched it thinking, WOW! Paul hadn't even written Yesterday yet (1965) and becoming Sir Paul was in his distant future. I also watched now knowing later in life I would see Paul 3X in concert live, something beyond my wildest dreams when I first saw that film.

@Witchy Woman, you know I've told this story before but since you brought it up, my mother took my younger sister and me way across town to see the movie when it first came out. We couldn't hear the movie because all the young girls in the audience including myself --- were screaming at the screen. My mom did like the Beatles but hated sitting through that movie with us and all that screaming. As you wrote...so very long ago......
Honored Contributor

Witchy Woman -- one more thing -- at the end of the film Yesterday, when there is a real photo from the early 1960s of girls my then-age in cats eye eyeglasses frames and 1960s clothing screaming at the Beatles, that brings tears to my eyes too and I think looking at the photo "that really happened, so long ago".
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for the heads up. We watched also.

I,too, was 12 when the movie came out. I was so jealous of my friend who went to Shea Stadium show. Got to see Sir Paul many decades later.

Ringo will be 80 next week!,,,,