Honored Contributor

Ozzie & Harriet - The Volunteer Fireman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7zmkI5ow4s

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this, @mousiegirl.  I love Ozzie and Harriet!  The original, calm, laid-back, southern California couple-- even though they had that hectic, peripatetic Big Band history, and they could get into some pretty kooky situations on their show.

Honored Contributor

One of the things I loved about Ozzie and Harriet is that Ozzie always wore a dress shirt and tie to cut the grass.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Thanks for posting this, @mousiegirl.  I love Ozzie and Harriet!  The original, calm, laid-back, southern California couple-- even though they had that hectic, peripatetic Big Band history, and they could get into some pretty kooky situations on their show.

@Oznell   I love them also, such a nice era.  I have several sets, in addition to what I recorded on VHS decades ago, but as far as I can see, this episode, The Volunteer Fireman, is not in any set, but I have it recorded, and am glad it is on youtube.  The eight Christmas episodes at amazon for around $8, is what I view every Christmas, and more than once, so funny.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

One of the things I loved about Ozzie and Harriet is that Ozzie always wore a dress shirt and tie to cut the grass.

@Group 5 minus 1   It seems so silly now, but women wore gloves, and men wore hats and ties whenever they left the house.