Honored Contributor

A FEW UPCOMING "SIZZLING" PERRY MASONS ON FETV

Noticing a few complaints recently on current TV offerings, thought I'd alert people to some excellent upcoming episodes from one of TV's best--  classic Perry Mason.  I'm personally curating these select episodes as among the best of the series, ahem....

Sorry for short notice ! 

Monday, 4:00 p.m. Eastern FETV. (323 on DirecTV system)--  "The Case of the Nervous Accomplice"

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 2.16.18 PM.png

Attractive, mature and sensitive socialite ( Maggie Hayes),  is aware that her husband is straying with a buxom blonde, sulkily Teutonic, real estate investor.  She's started spying on them with binocs, at their hillside trysts outside of the blonde's remote suburban rambler.

This gives Raymond Burr a chance to show his piercing discernment and compassion.  He doesn't take "marital" cases-- but he feels for the cheated wife's torment and undertakes an ingenious scheme to rope hubby back in-- but things go dramatically awry...

MV5BY2E2OTU3NDctZjM0YS00YzBjLWJjYTEtZGI1ZjYxNTI0YzJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIwMjgwNg@@._V1_.jpg

This episode is one of many, that demonstrate the true film noir bent of the series, especially of the early scripts.  This particular one was written by Hollywood phenom,  Stirling Silliphant, and it shows. 

If you liked Perry in the past, or have never paid attention, jump in.  FETV is still in the first 10 episodes of Season One,  a fantastic season, with 8 more to go.

*more to come*....

Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW UPCOMING "SIZZLING" PERRY MASONS ON FETV

I don't think we get FETV.  We watch PM every morning on MeTV and it is noticable how much is cut out to make room for commercials (we record the episodes and skip the commericals).  Agree that the early ones based on Gardner's books are the best.

Respected Contributor

Season one of Perry is my absolute favorite!  The Moth Eaten Mink is my favorite episode.  It is episode 13 of the first season I think.  

If anyone gets Justice Central TV channel, they have been showing the episodes in order.  And they have minimal commercials so the episodes are less edited.  In fact I am watching Perry right now as I type!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

You're so right about the editing on METV, @kaydee50 .   When we had our ongoing "Fugitive" thread, that was a major complaint.  Those of us who had the uncut shows on DVD,  were shocked by the omission of even crucial snippets of the episodes aired on ME,  grrr.

Some people do have "FETV" added recently, @kaydee50 --  you might check again in case it was added to your line-up.   

I remember what good taste you have in "Perry",   @4kitties !   "Moth-Eaten Mink" is one of my absolute tops too.  One of the best-- love that scene in the seedy hotel where Paul and Perry are decoding lipstick messages written under the table...   So very film noir.

And for those who haven't seen it, the fab "Case of the Crimson Kiss" is coming right up too, tomorrow or the next day-- I'll alert it as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   The Justice Central.TV Channel as of 2024 no longer does court cases 24/7.  It's now sporatic w/Perry Mason & Matlock marathons.  Smiley Mad

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

The last couple of Saturdays Justice Central has had Perry Mason marathons.  Just perfect for me as we have been having bitter cold,d and snow and icy rain today.  

Honored Contributor

Here on Comcast we get FETV on channel 1095. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's helpful, @Shelbelle ,  thanks for giving FETV's channel on Comcast, for Comcast viewers!

Respected Contributor

I have Comcast but no FETV in my area.😩😩😩