Respected Contributor

A Discovery of Witches April 7 on AMC

Just a reminder to fans of the show. AMC and BBC America are both airing the series starting on Sunday April 7 at 9pm.

You can watch the first episode right now on AMC. 

The first episode was very good - I'm really looking forward to the series. I read the trilogy and although I found the second (and especially the third book) a little difficult to get through, I nevertheless enjoyed the story.

It's wonderful seeing all the characers come to life. I think they did a great job casting the series. The characters who appear in the first episode are exactly how I pictured them.

A Discovery of Witches is a 2011 historical-fantasy novel and the debut novel by American scholar Deborah Harkness. It follows the story of Diana Bishop, a history of science professor at Yale University who, after accidentally finding an elusive, long-thought-lost manuscript, is compelled to embrace the magic in her blood that she has sought to keep out of her life and engage in a forbidden romance with charming vampire Matthew Clairmont.

Image result for a discovery of witches episode 1

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Discovery of Witches April 7 on AMC

@lmt , I enjoyed the first season.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@lmt , I enjoyed the first season.  LM

@Lilysmom  Great! I'm looking fiorward to it.

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea!  Thank you.

I also read all 3 books.  Loved the first one, 2nd was okay, 3rd - meh.  But I had to finish it.

Was it on last season too?  Am I that out of it??

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I had no idea!  Thank you.

I also read all 3 books.  Loved the first one, 2nd was okay, 3rd - meh.  But I had to finish it.

Was it on last season too?  Am I that out of it??

@roeroe1005  No, you're not out of it at all. 

It was available for streaming back in January on both Sundance Now and Shudder. AMC and BBC America are just starting to air the series next week. There are only 8 episodes.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt 

thanks for letting me know.  I can't dvr that far ahead on my 1986 dvrRobot wink so I put it in my calendar. 

Yes, I'm that forgetful.

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@lmt 

thanks for letting me know.  I can't dvr that far ahead on my 1986 dvrRobot wink so I put it in my calendar. 

Yes, I'm that forgetful.

@roeroe1005  When it comes to TV shows, I'm very forgetful. That's why I write everything down. My big problem is trying to stay awake to watch, LOL!!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Anyone watch? I did and I'm on the fence about it. Thought the story was captivating but  the acting was a bit shallow and the script had it's shortcomings. I'll give it another round with the next episode but for now I'm not too impressed with it so far.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Anyone watch? I did and I'm on the fence about it. Thought the story was captivating but  the acting was a bit shallow and the script had it's shortcomings. I'll give it another round with the next episode but for now I'm not too impressed with it so far.

@SilleeMeeI watched and had mixed feelings, but I'm definitely interested enough to tune in next week.  We had rough weather during that hour and phone calls/texts kept interrupting my viewing.  Tornado warnings, and then the cancellation of the tornado warnings.  In spite of the distractions, I was still drawn into the story. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Anyone watch? I did and I'm on the fence about it.

I did.  Like you, on the fense.  I am assuming in this series, it's normal for vamps to walk around in the daylight. Smiley Tongue  I also couldn't figure out the older man in the woods w/guide that the witch killed.  Is he a warlock?

I missed this series when it was on Sundance in January.icon_exclaim.gifNo longer on On Demand. icon_exclaim.gif

For those who read the book(s), who are these other creatures the vamp keeps mentioning?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif