Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I opted to take a pass on this one and have no regrets, based on feedback I've seen and heard. This show is never near the top of my 'to do' list anyway, but looking at the PBS site showed me that this year it was particularly thin on talent. Even more so than usual. And that's saying something.

@stevieb Even all things considered it was a gigantic flop and I wondered who on earth put this disaster together.  What were they thinking?

@Sooner  As far as I'm concerned, this event has never been top drawer entertainment, but it seems this year it hit rock bottom. As for what they were thinking, I could probably guess, but it would just get poofed. Perhaps, too, there was a dearth of willing talent. Who knows. The 4th is not a big deal for me, so it wasn't really a disappointment, but I looked at that line-up and just sort of wondered why they bothered at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

If patriotic songs, I didn't last long enough to experience them. From the line up, it seemed they would be done with a twang 8f at all. 

Honored Contributor

Did not recognize many of the performers, but I still enjoyed the show.