Honored Contributor

A Bramble House Christmas - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel

I usually can't make it through even ten minutes of any Hallmark movie because the movies are so sappy, the dialogue is usually eyeroll-worthy, and the acting isn't all that great.   And I hate that both hallmark channels start showing strictly Christmas movies so early.

But of course there are always exceptions.  I really like the movie A Bramble House Christmas.   The acting and writing is far better than most Hallmark movies and it's a sweet story that really held my interest.  I think the lead male in it is esp. good, as is the little boy in it - a very good and cute child actor.   I recommend this film!

Contributor

Re: A Bramble House Christmas - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel

I enjoyed it too very much so! I love most of their movies for Christmas but this one especially. I recommend it highly also.

Honored Contributor

I agree, it's hard to winnow out the really good ones-- I'll look for this!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I agree about  the Hallmark Christmas movies - especially don't like them starting Christmas programming before Halloween.

I will watch for this movie - thanks for the recommendation.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed this one. I am a sucker for all the Hallmark movies, but I have been watching some Christmas movies on the Lifetime channel. The Lifetime movies seem to be a little more “professional.” The stories a little more interesting.

Respected Contributor

Add me to the list of people who thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I think what I liked the most is that it didn't follow the cookie-cutter format that most Hallmark movies seem to follow.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I usually can't make it through even ten minutes of any Hallmark movie because the movies are so sappy, the dialogue is usually eyeroll-worthy, and the acting isn't all that great.   And I hate that both hallmark channels start showing strictly Christmas movies so early.

But of course there are always exceptions.  I really like the movie A Bramble House Christmas.   The acting and writing is far better than most Hallmark movies and it's a sweet story that really held my interest.  I think the lead male in it is esp. good, as is the little boy in it - a very good and cute child actor.   I recommend this film!

My DH and I are stuck on watching the Hallmark and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channels a lot this year - almost nightly.  We joke that most of the movies are pretty predictable and just a regrouping of actors and actresses from the same pool.  Then there's the slew of them with Candace Cameron Bure.  That's OK, though, they're better than a lot of the other junk that's on tv.  We believe sappy is OK sometimes.

A Bramble House Christmas and The Christmas Train have been very enjoyable - we've watched both several times already.  We also have some returning favorites from prior years.  

Contributor

Oh good! Thanks for the recommendation. I read the book on Kindle a while ago and was looking forward to the movie. I keep missing it, but I will catch it one of these days.

Honored Contributor

The movies based on books are always much better and tend to be more original.

The Christmas Train was a Hallmark Hall of Fame production so had a larger budget.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@peridotj wrote:

Oh good! Thanks for the recommendation. I read the book on Kindle a while ago and was looking forward to the movie. I keep missing it, but I will catch it one of these days.

@peridotj  If you look up the movie on Imdb, I think they upcoming schedule is there too.  I saw it somewhere today and I think I was looking at the film description on that site when I saw it.