Valued Contributor

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

We watched it on Amazon last night. Tom Hanks was so good as Mr Rogers and we loved the story. I cried when they all started singing on the subway. My kids watched Mr Rogers but I didn't watch often. I liked him but those puppets of his seemed so creepy to me. Glad to see that he was really as nice as he seemed to be!

Honored Contributor

Re: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

It was a very sweet and well done movie, DH and I were both very touched by it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

glad to hear this. i want to watch it soon. Tom Hanks nailed the likeness of Mr. Rogers!

Valued Contributor

Quite refreshing. I grew up in Pittsburgh. A nice lesson in just be yourself.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't crazy about this movie. Probably one of the worst Tom Hanks movie I've seen. It was very slow moving. He did seem to portray the character good though. I'm glad I didn't spend money to see it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the movie, but watched Mr Rogers with our little ones when I could.  Loved the puppets because they were so simple and basic.

When I was growing up, LOVED the beauriful Sherry Lewis and Lamb Chop, her lamb puppet.

Image result for sherry lewis and lambchop images

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the movie- but I knew before seeing it the film was more about the journalist who intervewed him. Mr Rogers was almost a secondary character- so I didn't expect the film to be like the documentary 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?". (which is awesome btw! )