Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Hard to believe that such a frump a dump outfit could wind up being so pricey.

The tee is WAY over-priced - nothing very special about it other than the brand name.

The sunglasses are OK, they look good on her.  The bag is kinda ho-hum imo.  I'm sure it's nicely made but any of us regular folk could come up with a very similar outfit for way less - and who would know?

She is a beautiful woman and could wear the worst of the worst and still look good.  There was no breakdown of the brand of jeans or sneaks.  She is very petite.

yes she is , but where are her boobs?

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

This one is really hard to figure out.

Now, I'm coming up with scenarios.

~ She agreed to advertise for Christian dior who thinks the name alone will entice uber rich celebs to buy the dang shirt! And another seeing another celebrity wearing it, might need to think they should too. 

She agreed to wear it if a certain percent was donated to a charity. (hopefully?!)

No one gives a shiii anymore and spends whatever the h..... they want, disregarding any thousands of more worthy places, causes to spend that,

rather spending it on "it's all about me!" because, the world has gone insane.

But wait! If you look up Natalie Portman, you will find she has worn Christian Dior many times, the designs described in detail. 

So, she is either paid, given free outfits by this designer etc etc.

@on the bay 

IMO, this HAS to be a freebie outfit from the designer ..... based on the appearance, I'm guessing they had LOTS of these laying around.   

The only way someone would actually buy this is if they 1) have tons of money and 2) didn't bother to ask HOW MUCH IS THIS? .....   

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden She should have gone to Old Navy...look just as good for no more than $50.00

Esteemed Contributor

Loony, simply loony. I bought an I Love Paris tee shirt for 10€ at a local tourist shop. The jeans would be about $50 at a Chico's sale, and the canvas bag could be found for about $25. The sneakers? Well, I could find a similar style for under $50. I'd donate the difference between my ensemble and Ms Portman's to charity. It's one thing to buy a beautiful designer gown for big bucks. It's another to pay for the same or similar denim, the same canvas, and the same knit tee for an outrageous fortune. What did that 7K buy, anyway?

Honored Contributor

Re: A $7000 dollar outfit?

[ Edited ]

Could be a publicity photo for the bag and tee. They don't even have to name it because interested readers will look online to find it. Article noted that she's a brand ambassador for the French brand. She has been a brand ambassador for Dior (and was featured as the face of the Miss Dior fragrance campaign). This includes both the tee and the bag..both are Dior. These type of photos are often cloaked ads. I doubt she had to pay for the tee or the bag. They probably pay her to be seen in them.

Honored Contributor

I'm 65, and probably haven't spent that much on clothing my entire life!   I HATE spending money on clothing.   

Honored Contributor

I figured the most expensive item was her jeans,  Nope!  Of course the handbag.  If she reps the brand, of course it was free.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

The t-shirt is really frumpy & ordinary ...I hate high crew necks that look like a man's tee.   Ridiculous cost!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

The t-shirt is really frumpy & ordinary ...I hate high crew necks that look like a man's tee.   Ridiculous cost!

@haddon9 @It's just about keeping the Dior name in the press to keep it fresh and current. The marketing and publicity teams usually plan this type of photo release. I think, just my opinion, that they are focusing on the casual + chic because of the pandemic. Chic bag + totally casuall outfit, i.e. jeans and a tee with sneakers.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It simply shows how celebrities live and we don't.  And it shows how absurd it is for them to tell us how to live; and vice versa.

It's a different planet!  

@Sooner 

In Post 16 the mystery is solved ... she is a Brand Ambassador for CD, and the outfit was a freebie, and probably many others were sent to her, as well.  Free.  Natalie probably "has" to be seen in CD clothes as part of her contract.   If she is simply honoring her contract, I see nothing wrong with that, do you?

And I have to ask .... exactly when did Natalie Portman tell you how to live .... I'm dying to hear this one!