Honored Contributor

Re: 95th Academy Awards and QVC

Associated Press is reporting that 18.7 viewers watched the Academy Awards Sunday evening, up 12% from last year.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch and I'm glad I didn't. I agree, Austin Butler should have won. I haven't seen the Everything, everywhere movie so I can't say much about that but I was rooting for Kate Blanchett in Tar. Even if you didn't like the movie, her potrayal of the mercurial conductor was phenomenal! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Academy must have gotten the word out  that they were  going to  drastically reduce the  amount of political innuendos . They must have asked the award winners to tone it down.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, Hollywood picks their favorite, usually for the messages it sends rather than the actual movie. They like to think they're 'artsy'. Whatever.

Any way you slice it, Austin got screwed. I didn't think the movie itself was that great, but he deserved to win. Probably combination of him being so young, the reality that the only thing Hollywood lkes better than a biopic is a disfigurement of some sort and throw in just a tad of both the sympathy vote and Hollywood wokeism. I know, unkind. I don't care, like I said the kid got screwed.

I could not agree more ....