Honored Contributor

Re: 90 day the other way 10-25

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Why can’t Bini ( Ari’s boyfriend) just move to the US?

Wow!  Her parents don’t like the way they throw all their support to their brother.

I think they thought they would never have a baby and she came along.  Do they have any other children?

@Annabellethecat66  Are you asking about the young couple having any more children or the parents?

Valued Contributor

Ari complaining about Bini having to work while her parents are here.  She also alludes that she needs help with the baby.  Well, her parents are here - why does that baby need four adults in attendance?

Really, what is wrong with her.  He's working in order to pay the bills.  I feel your parents do not need him in constant attendance.  I feel sorry for Bini and the child.

Respected Contributor

My thought is TLC pays for certain things that make the show more interesting. Like flying Libby's family to Moldova for the 2nd wedding. Deavan's family flying to Korea for 2nd wedding. 

Honored Contributor

I'm read that Ari has emotional issues but is coming across as a very entitled person.  She's use to having her way.  She treats her baby daddy like a servant.  How hard can it be to learn how to take care of one baby?  As a person who had twins with no help from the husband I had at the time, find it hard to empathize with her with her whining.  She's not an Ethiopian lifestyle type person and I can't imagine her not realizing this right away.  

She needs to come back to the U.S. and get a nanny that her parents will pay for and own up to making a big mistake having unprotected sex.  Maybe a nanny can train her to care for the baby.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Ari should have known the conditions of living in Ethiopia.  Where was she living when she met Byni?  She expects a nice apartment but doesn't want him going to work????  There were times when I didn't see my husband all week, we worked different shifts.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  An excellent post.  Her parents I think must have had her a little later in their marriage.

Did you guys catch that the Dad almost never goes anywhere?  I get the feeling he's typical of the way old(er) Drs used to be...married to their profession.

My thyroid Dr looks almost exactly like him.  Every time I see him (my Dr) I feel like it will be the last that he is going to retire...yet..thanks goodness he's still practicing!

So who sat with their mouths open as in "What the heck?" when Sumit handed his woman a small plastic thing with a ribbon and told her to open it and put the piece of paper with the ribbon around her neck and it will protect her from the virus!!!

I even said out loud (to Bill the cat), OMG!  She's an American.  I thought she'd have heard from her American daughter, etc. what the virus is all about and how contagious it is.  Definitely a small piece of paper around the neck will not ...repeat..will not keep them from getting the COVID virus!

Instead, she was like, "Oh!  OK" and put it on immediately.  At least they also had on a mask!

Sounds like Summit (I can't remember how to spell his name) is maybe having second thoughts going against his parents.

Maybe he's afraid he will loose some inheritance?  

I was thinking that living in that country it seems like it would age her more quickly because the toll it takes on a body every day.  It's not an easy life living in some of those countries.

Being an American where we have life so easy (compared to many of these countries), I would think she'd feel the difference within 1 to 2 years.  

Does he work?  How can they afford to live in an 'upscale' apartment?

I loved my husband so much it scared me to give so much of my heart to one person.

However, I'd spend every minute of every day if he was from one of these countries to get his fanny over here to America...every minute.

I've never heard why Ari's boyfriend can't come over to the US?  Does anyone know?

I think it's funny that they think they can live a higher quality of life than most there sustained by his salary.  It's funny the way she talks about him being an 'artist' and how talented he is.

I'm like..maybe there he is but............

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4  I apologize.  I posted that late last night in my bedroom, watching TV and I was using my IPAD.

My IPAD drives me crazy when I'm in the bedroom in the other side of the house.  It skips words, etc.

Anyway, I'm trying to say Ari's parents don't like the way Bini's sisters are throwing all of their support to their brother.  They realize she's in a strange country totally with any support.

But I'm still wondering why they've not tried to get him to the US?

Trusted Contributor

Is Ari married to Byni?  They would need a spousal visa and the are none being processed since the lockdown.  I know because my daughter is engaged to a Brit.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@colliemom4  I apologize.  I posted that late last night in my bedroom, watching TV and I was using my IPAD.

My IPAD drives me crazy when I'm in the bedroom in the other side of the house.  It skips words, etc.

Anyway, I'm trying to say Ari's parents don't like the way Bini's sisters are throwing all of their support to their brother.  They realize she's in a strange country totally with any support.

But I'm still wondering why they've not tried to get him to the US?

@Annabellethecat66  He was married to another American woman and was denied then. Maybe it's not going to happen as fast as they'd like? I figure she's back here. Just a guess.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That perpetual big-toothed (rabbit-like) grin or smirk on Ari's face really turns me off.

She is never going to be a sane, happy woman who doesn't rely on her parents and needs to get the heck out of Ethiopia, which she stupidly thinks or thought is a good place for her to live and raise a child.

Binyi seems like a nice guy who got himself into a pickle by dealing with her and seems doomed to misery and drama if he sticks with her.

What a horrible scenario that's getting harder and harder to watch.