Super Contributor

@Grouchomarx I can't stop laughing I almost chocked, you are so right  on everything you said! When you said " have they not seen my 600lb life?" I nearly fell off my chairSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

You're right if a person who needs someone to wipe their a** can find someone in the US so can they. 

I wonder how much they get paid to do this? Is it worth it?

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Regarding Karine, I didn't know she was 23, but in my opinion she is extremely immature. Look how she acts and plays with stuffed animals and all. I still have some holiday beanie babies etc. so I'm not bashing it. It's just that I think she's immature for her age. Her and Paul don't equal a good combination. I can not imagine them raising a child. I hope they don't have more but doubt they are using protection. Her family clearly doesn't care for him. What a mess.

How the Mormon guy acted when he got the shots got on my nerves so bad. I kind of feel sorry for him because he seems extremely naive but like a decent person. His parents seem to be very nice people as well.

@colliemom4   I guess she can fight with the baby over who gets to play with the stuffed animals. Cat LOL I'll admit I still have a couple of stuffed animals but it seems like Karine wants a whole pile of them every time Paul is going there.

@HSB1204  LOL. Yes and she acts immature in general to me. They named their baby Pierre. They're going to have a lot of problems. TLC could probably create a show called Paul's Problems.

@colliemom4   Haha! Yes, that would be an appropriate title, since he apparently has to wear bulletproof vests in case anyone tries to murder him! Who wants to live in a place like that?

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I often wonder why they think there is no suitable mate for them  within their own country.  I mean, have they not seen my 600lb life?  Anyone can find a mate.  ANYONE even people who can't wipe their own a** or get out of bed to make their own nachos.  They all seem to have a very self destructive personality.  The woman going to India, when she speaks about her situation, she has no confindence in anything she is saying, as if she knows she just a lunatic going down the wrong path.  How stupid was she in the airport, picking up her phone and then says, oh it doesn't work here.  She didn't think to get a phone that would work in India?  She is the definition of a moron.  Paul too, he seems so determined to go to Brazil yet expresses zero confindence about this decision, he just can't get off his own psychotic path of destruction.  They all need hard core counseling.  Honestly their lives would be better if they were incarcerated in the US than going to the far away places where poverty and misery will rule their existence and disease will take over their lives quickly.

@Grouchomarx   I know that some cell phones don't work overseas but she went to visit him before. Did her phone magically work then? One of the many things she obviously didn't look into before moving there.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Where on earth did the name Pierre come from anyway.  He mentions his parents, yet we never saw his father.  Probably ashamed of the whole thing.....Mom drove him everywhere, yet in Brazil, Paul did the driving.  Oh wait - it was Mom's car......

Don't they sell diapers in Brazil?  That could have saved Paul a couple of pieces of luggage and WHY couldn't Mom send him the rest of the luggage after he left?  That didn't make sense and nobody mentioned it.  Where did he get the money to buy all that stuff anyway?  Cow patties?????  LOL  Even the farmer he workd for, said "if he didn't quit, he wouldn't have lasted here much longer"..... Poor Paul.  LOL

A lot of the stuff he bought, could have been gotten in Brazil.  I mean, Rio is a pretty large city.  I heard him say "diapers, pads"...... Pads for what???? Karine or the baby?  Surely, she has used them before she met Paul, right?  Oh well.......

As for Jenny in India?  Sounds a lot like Nicole in Morocco.  Remember, she couldn't touch him in public and/or dress like she is used to?  Well - the same thing applies in India, I guess.  She will have to abide by the rules.  No touching in public.  She even asked him at the airport "can we kiss?"  He said "yes I don't care".......

So many things to get used to.... Not for me.  LOL  A hole in the floor?  Hmmm  If she did that for 6 mos. then she is more desperate than I thought.

Oh well - more to come.  This is getting exciting.  

@sophiamarie   I don't think Paul's dad wanted to be on the show. I read somewhere that his dad was the one who wouldn't let his mom co-sponsor Karine. I guess he just sits somewhere in the background making the decisions. Cat Happy

I'm not sure why Paul had to bring all of that baby stuff from the US unless it's super expensive in Brazil?

Super Contributor

Pierre name is probably the real baby daddy's name!

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Regarding Karine, I didn't know she was 23, but in my opinion she is extremely immature. Look how she acts and plays with stuffed animals and all. I still have some holiday beanie babies etc. so I'm not bashing it. It's just that I think she's immature for her age. Her and Paul don't equal a good combination. I can not imagine them raising a child. I hope they don't have more but doubt they are using protection. Her family clearly doesn't care for him. What a mess.

How the Mormon guy acted when he got the shots got on my nerves so bad. I kind of feel sorry for him because he seems extremely naive but like a decent person. His parents seem to be very nice people as well.

@colliemom4   I guess she can fight with the baby over who gets to play with the stuffed animals. Cat LOL I'll admit I still have a couple of stuffed animals but it seems like Karine wants a whole pile of them every time Paul is going there.

@HSB1204  LOL. Yes and she acts immature in general to me. They named their baby Pierre. They're going to have a lot of problems. TLC could probably create a show called Paul's Problems.

@colliemom4   Haha! Yes, that would be an appropriate title, since he apparently has to wear bulletproof vests in case anyone tries to murder him! Who wants to live in a place like that?

@HSB1204  Paul. He's stupid enough to feel up to the challenge.

Esteemed Contributor

@Suxela wrote:

@Suxela   You're probaby right.  With all the precautions Paul took, he never thought of having a DNA test?  He wanted her to have STD tests and pregnancy test - yet never thought of the paternity..... LOL  

He should considedr himself lucky if he was NOT the daddy.  That way, he isn't responsible for anything and he can bome back home and live off momma.  Or, is he home already?  I didn't see that anywhere except on this thread.

Honored Contributor

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

[ Edited ]

I copied this from an article I read about how dangerous it is to be a woman in India. The 2012 gang-rape of a young woman in New Delhi was seen as an inflection point for women’s safety in India, sparking widespread protests and calls for change. However, girls and women continue to face extreme brutality in the conservative, patriarchal country. This, despite improved laws and many woman-oriented schemes like Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (save girls, educate girls) launched by the Narendra Modi government.

Cases of crimes against women, including rape, sexual assault, acid attacks, and dowry deaths, rose by nearly 40% to 338,954 between 2012 and 2016, according to the National Crime Records Bureau. Even this number likely underestimates the crisis: Previous research has shown that survivors of rape and sexual assault face incredible brutality even when they try to seek out justice, with the police, lawyers, and doctors adding to their ordeal through insensitive treatment. This combined with the social stigma associated with sexual assault, and pressure from powerful interests, ensures that many women don’t report rape or sexual assault at all. The results of the poll come just a few months after two gruesome child rape cases captured national and international attention, highlighting another worrying trend of surging sexual violence against minors. Human trafficking poses yet another challenge in India.

Some 15,000 such cases were recorded in 2016, and two-thirds involved female victims, many under the age of 18, sold into sex work or domestic servitude. Only last week, five activists who had performed a street play to raise awareness about trafficking were reportedly raped at gunpoint in the state of Jharkhand. This then is the dark side of the Indian story. The country may now be known for its startups and space program, besides its booming consumer economy that everyone wants a piece of. But for millions of its women, or nearly half the population, safety and dignity remain a distant dream.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HSB1204  Paul. He's stupid enough to feel up to the challenge.

@colliemom4   Yeah, I'd feel extremely paranoid and would not want to live there. It doesn't sound like a safe place at all. Maybe Karine is used to living like that but most other people wouldn't want to move there. Sorry Karine, you're not worth it to me!

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Suxela wrote:

@Suxela   You're probaby right.  With all the precautions Paul took, he never thought of having a DNA test?  He wanted her to have STD tests and pregnancy test - yet never thought of the paternity..... LOL  

He should considedr himself lucky if he was NOT the daddy.  That way, he isn't responsible for anything and he can bome back home and live off momma.  Or, is he home already?  I didn't see that anywhere except on this thread.

@sophiamarie   That's so true! I didn't even think of that. He doesn't trust Karine not to have STDs but he believes that he's the baby's father. Makes sense. Cat LOL