Reply
Contributor
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

The people on this show are idiots. I'm not surprised they're moving without doing any research because I'm in facebook groups about moving to Florida and it's astounding the number of people who decide to move there without doing any research and who have no idea about the cost of living there.

I don't know whether the show is scripted using actors, but living in NYC, I personally knew several men who married women from overseas. Fortunately, the women came here. Unfortunately, they were not the best women. My cousin married a woman from China that he met on the internet and he brought her over here. She's an awesome woman and a very good match for him.

I feel sorry for Corey's family. They seem to be a fine family. I also feel sorry for the son of the woman moving to South Africa. Corey seems to be very immature and naive which was very apparent when he got the shots. He's also desperate. I thought the doctor's responses were funny.

I suspect that the financial advisor the woman moving to India saw misinformed her. It's very likely she will still receive Social Security.

Paul is a total nutjob. Kudos to his mother for refusing to financially support his craziness. I think she gives him a lock of hair so he always has a piece of her with him, especially if something should happen to her.

I kind of wonder if some of these people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and don't realize how crazy, sad and pathetic this show makes them look.


Super Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

That Paul is a real piece of work ~ and I got a kick out of watching his "employer" totally trash him. He was employed to pick up manure and apparently couldn't even do THAT right. good grief. 

 

And his mother? First, she cleans her comb for some hair for him. And then gives him a necklace and another cut piece of hair. What in the heck is that all about? 

As for Jenny, I guess she was bored and in need of an adventure of sorts. She did visit for 6 months, so she does kind of know what she's getting into. I wonder why her fiance couldn't come to the States? Not enough money or work skills? 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,519
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

@HSB1204 , you are correct that Corey and his family live in Washington, but it is a rural area.  I meant that if Corey moved to a bigger city with a large Mormon population, such as SLC or Provo, he might meet a woman that is more suited to his religious beliefs and lifestyle.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,890
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

[ Edited ]

@MsChiff wrote:

The people on this show are idiots. I'm not surprised they're moving without doing any research because I'm in facebook groups about moving to Florida and it's astounding the number of people who decide to move there without doing any research and who have no idea about the cost of living there.

I don't know whether the show is scripted using actors, but living in NYC, I personally knew several men who married women from overseas. Fortunately, the women came here. Unfortunately, they were not the best women. My cousin married a woman from China that he met on the internet and he brought her over here. She's an awesome woman and a very good match for him.

I feel sorry for Corey's family. They seem to be a fine family. I also feel sorry for the son of the woman moving to South Africa. Corey seems to be very immature and naive which was very apparent when he got the shots. He's also desperate. I thought the doctor's responses were funny.

I suspect that the financial advisor the woman moving to India saw misinformed her. It's very likely she will still receive Social Security.

Paul is a total nutjob. Kudos to his mother for refusing to financially support his craziness. I think she gives him a lock of hair so he always has a piece of her with him, especially if something should happen to her.

I kind of wonder if some of these people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and don't realize how crazy, sad and pathetic this show makes them look.



The financial Adviser said if she was no longer a US citizen she would no longer receive Social Security. If you live outside the United States you will receive your Social Security. The US does not send money to North Korea or Cuba but you can recoup your money if you move to another country.

 

Every few years you are sent a questionnaire by Social Security to verify that your status has not changed. There are also Social Security offices abroad, booklets explaining about getting Social Security Outside the United States and a phone # to call about Social Security International Operations.

 

PS - I think if I decided to move to India, I would do a bit more research about how I would be able to live within my budget. But as you said I really think some of these people are idiots and not thinking beyond today.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,755
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: 90 Day The Other Way


@MsChiff wrote:

The people on this show are idiots. I'm not surprised they're moving without doing any research because I'm in facebook groups about moving to Florida and it's astounding the number of people who decide to move there without doing any research and who have no idea about the cost of living there.

I don't know whether the show is scripted using actors, but living in NYC, I personally knew several men who married women from overseas. Fortunately, the women came here. Unfortunately, they were not the best women. My cousin married a woman from China that he met on the internet and he brought her over here. She's an awesome woman and a very good match for him.

I feel sorry for Corey's family. They seem to be a fine family. I also feel sorry for the son of the woman moving to South Africa. Corey seems to be very immature and naive which was very apparent when he got the shots. He's also desperate. I thought the doctor's responses were funny.

I suspect that the financial advisor the woman moving to India saw misinformed her. It's very likely she will still receive Social Security.

Paul is a total nutjob. Kudos to his mother for refusing to financially support his craziness. I think she gives him a lock of hair so he always has a piece of her with him, especially if something should happen to her.

I kind of wonder if some of these people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and don't realize how crazy, sad and pathetic this show makes them look.



 

@MsChiff   I agree about the financial advisor. Unless she's giving up her US citizenship I assume she would still get her social security.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,024
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

[ Edited ]

Jenny looks pretty good for her age and has a great figure. I can't believe she couldn't find a man here. I think many of these people have other problems going on or they wouldn't do this. Just a guess. I hope Paul never returns to the U.S. They can have him wherever he is though they probably don't want him either lol.

 

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 219
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

Did y'all notice when "Angela Jr." was talking to her guy?  He had his head down and wasn't even looking at her!  Quite telling if you ask me.  There's something he's after - maybe she has $$$ - retired at age 51. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,024
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way


@tammysu wrote:

Did y'all notice when "Angela Jr." was talking to her guy?  He had his head down and wasn't even looking at her!  Quite telling if you ask me.  There's something he's after - maybe she has $$$ - retired at age 51. 


@tammysu  I don't blame him for not wanting to look at her lol. I read that she initially catfished him to get him interested. Wonder how long it will last?

Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

They are all crazy and/or desperate.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,755
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: 90 Day The Other Way


@colliemom4 wrote:

@tammysu wrote:

Did y'all notice when "Angela Jr." was talking to her guy?  He had his head down and wasn't even looking at her!  Quite telling if you ask me.  There's something he's after - maybe she has $$$ - retired at age 51. 


@tammysu  I don't blame him for not wanting to look at her lol. I read that she initially catfished him to get him interested. Wonder how long it will last?


 

@colliemom4   I thought it was her husband at the time that she catfished to catch him cheating.