Respected Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:  @sissel  Yes. We don't know why yet."

She probably came back so the American citizens could pay for the baby's birth.  If she wasn't living here, sure she didn't have healthcare here.

Honored Contributor

Re: 90 Day The Other Way

[ Edited ]

I read that having a baby in South Africa can cost $45,000! That's for the best care and for people that have money. Other than that you have to book a birthing room at a center. This is if you have insurance, which I doubt Tiffany has, and that would cost your around 20k. Also, the rate of ending up having a c-section is extremely high there. The average cost of a birth in the United States is $10,000.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that having a baby in South Africa can cost $45,000! That's for the best care and for people that have money. Other than that you have to book a birthing room at a center. This is if you have insurance, which I doubt Tiffany has, and that would cost your around 20k. Also, the rate of ending up having a c-section is extremely high there. The average cost of a birth in the United States is $10,000.

@colliemom4   That's insane! No wonder she had the baby in the US.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@colliemom4wrote:  @sissel  Yes. We don't know why yet."

She probably came back so the American citizens could pay for the baby's birth.  If she wasn't living here, sure she didn't have healthcare here.

I am not sure Tiffany was working, however she was able to travel south africa a couple times.  

Respected Contributor

YAHOO featured an article about Jay  (Ashley's husband) turning himself in to ICE on 7/3.  His hearing was supposed to be 7/10 but it's postponed until 7/17.

A female friend set up a Go Fund Me Page for him.

She's also visited him in custody and says he remains "strong":

“He is so admirable how he has stayed so strong, so calm, so collected and so positive. I am proud of him."

O'Brien says Smith also wanted to let people know that his GoFundMe is for real:

"He asked me to reach out on here and let everyone know that his GofundMe is not a scam and he is in real need of help," she says.

'Free Jay!'

I say send him back to Jamaica yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

YAHOO featured an article about Jay  (Ashley's husband) turning himself in to ICE on 7/3.  His hearing was supposed to be 7/10 but it's postponed until 7/17.

“He is so admirable how he has stayed so strong, so calm, so collected and so positive. I am proud of him."

O'Brien says Smith also wanted to let people know that his GoFundMe is for real:

"He asked me to reach out on here and let everyone know that his GofundMe is not a scam and he is in real need of help," she says.

'Free Jay!'

@lulu1  I wish they would deport him now. I see he has almost $4,000 on his go fund me page. People are stupid for giving him anything.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

'Free Jay!'

I don't know where Jay found this friend but she's a complete idiot. There's nothing admirable about being in ICE's custody. I still can't believe that people are wasting their money on donating money to him. He's a dirtbag cheater and doesn't deserve anything but to be deported.

Respected Contributor

The theme of this show seems to be - - find the dumbest American that hooks up with someone while on vacation in another country.  Fall in love (or infatuation) with that person - but oh wait, they all have either no job or no job that makes enough money to support any of them or even worse - quit their jobs to move to some faraway country.

Then for good measure add in - always some sort of "secret" that doesn't come out until they've been together for awhile.