Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

This is what Aladin said.

I was catfished. Plain and simple. When Laura and I met online, she shared photos that portrayed her to be much younger than she is. Her photos, I discovered later, were highly edited. Even she admitted to this during taping, but no one paid any attention to it. She told me she was 40 years old and I believed her. I did not even know she was using fake hair extensions,etc. When we met in person, I was surprised but I already had feelings for the person I thought she was. We had already decided to get married before even meeting. How else would we have had all documents necessary during this trip to get the marriage registered?

She wanted to say the story about me proposing after a few days in a cafe because she thought it would make our storyline more interesting. I discovered her age when we went for the marriage license and they asked for her passport. That is when I saw her age was in fifties and not 40 as she told me. When confronted,she initially gave me a story about how a mistake in her passport had been made. However, when the registrar asked to see her birth certificate,the date was the same. She said the mistake had been in the birth certificate and that is why it was in the passport as well. I did not believe it and eventually she admitted the truth. I stayed because I already loved her and I thought in the end, if this is the worst thing, I can handle it.

@colliemom4   He could have just not married her then. I'm sorry, but if I had been talking to someone online and they had been sending me pictures like that and they looked nothing like the pictures I would have realized that that probably wasn't the only thing they were lying about.

@HSB1204  Yes. It is certainly a strange situation. I kind of figure they are both being dishonest about some things. They say the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. That's just my take on it.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Now Aladin is saying this is the picture Laura sent of herself before they met. I thought he met her before the time she moved over there?

image.png

Laura looks like the mother of the girl in the left photo.  Aladin must have been shocked.

I would think so!!  However didn't they Skye and he could clearly see that she wasn't the 25 year old in the left photo?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Now Aladin is saying this is the picture Laura sent of herself before they met. I thought he met her before the time she moved over there?

image.png

Laura looks like the mother of the girl in the left photo.  Aladin must have been shocked.

I would think so!!  However didn't they Skye and he could clearly see that she wasn't the 25 year old in the left photo?

@haddon9  At the beginning of the show I could swear they were shown face timing or on skype.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

image.png

@haddon9  At the beginning of the show I could swear they were shown face timing or on skype.

@colliemom4   I thought so too so why is he surprised?  I think TLC needs to get their stories straight if they are going to script a lot of it!

Honored Contributor

aladin.PNG

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

aladin.PNG

Wow!  I believe him about some of the sex acts not being to his liking.  Sounds like he's insinuating she stinks, too, lol.

Boy, I bet she's sorry she opened her mouth (pun intended, lol) about that.

@colliemom4, I can believe that is a younger picture of her.  It looks very much like her before middle age set in.  I can't imagine her thinking she could pass for forty something.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

aladin.PNG

Wow!  I believe him about some of the sex acts not being to his liking.  Sounds like he's insinuating she stinks, too, lol.

Boy, I bet she's sorry she opened her mouth (pun intended, lol) about that.

@colliemom4, I can believe that is a younger picture of her.  It looks very much like her before middle age set in.  I can't imagine her thinking she could pass for forty something.

@Mmsfoxxie  Yes it does sound like he's insinuating that Cat LOL Maybe he just didn't want to do it, but she does look pretty rough at times, like she might not be the cleanest person. And remember when she went on the 27 hour flight, or however long it was, wearing boots and no socks. That was so gross!

I think you are correct about that pic being her. At first I didn't think so but I've been looking at it and it does favor her. I tend to think he wanted something out of it or he would have run lol. That sounds so mean but he's a good looking guy and if she lied he could have easily walked away.

Honored Contributor

Here a few more pics she posted.

laura 1.PNG

Honored Contributor

laura 2.PNG

Honored Contributor

It could be that, in her mind, this is still the way she still looks.  I admit that, at 72, I pass a mirror and wonder who the old lady is that is actually me.  I do a double take.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)