Honored Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance "The Other Way" starts tomorrow June 3

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   Thanks for the info.   I guess I missed Pillow Talk then???  Darn.  Was this the show without the brothers Tarik and Dean?  if so, then I missed it because they have been on every show except the last one.  Darn again.

@sophiamarie  It sounds like you missed it all. Tarik and Dean were on.

Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me what happened at the airport... did Paul get to take all his bags?  I missed that.  TIA

Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

Can someone tell me what happened at the airport... did Paul get to take all his bags?  I missed that.  TIA

@game-on  Paul had a fit and didn't get to take his bags. He ended up back in the car with his mom and they left.

Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@drizzellla @HSB1204 

Has given him money in the past??  If so maybe thats why she doesn't have much money saved?

I thought she said she had...but i don't have it taped to go back to watch/listen.

@cowboy sam  I don't remember her saying anything about sending him money but it wouldn't surprise me if she did since the Americans apparently love sending their money overseas!

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   Hi - Are y'all talking about the new show that my TiVo recorded at 1 am this morning?  "The Other Way"????

I am soooo confused.  I feel like I am in a foreign country.  LOL  

TIA  It must have been on last night while I was watching something else and I previously recorded it for a 1 am time, so as not to interfere with anything else that might record when I went to bed.....

@sophiamarie  Yes. It was on last night. Pillow Talk was on first. I know what you mean about the listing names being strange. I ask my daughter about certain times just to be sure I've got it right since she watches the shows too. Or she'll text me and ask if I'm watching sometimes. I hope you get to see it soon. It's good. All the people are new except Paul and he's crazier than ever if you can believe that lol.

@sophiamarie   I agree with @colliemom4 . I think you'll definitely love these couples. Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse. Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby was stationed in Thailand for a year and he said they send money home whether its needed or not.  It makes them look successful in the family's eyes.  After all, isn't that why they came to the good ole US of A?????

Esteemed Contributor

The last time I saw Paul, he landed and all of his luggage was lost.  We never saw him get it back.  Did he??  Then, there was a preview of his mother with him, in Brazil.  I guess this is on the new show that I haven't watched yet.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

The last time I saw Paul, he landed and all of his luggage was lost.  We never saw him get it back.  Did he??  Then, there was a preview of his mother with him, in Brazil.  I guess this is on the new show that I haven't watched yet.

@sophiamarie  I can't remember lol but on the new show he tries to bring a lot of stuff over to Brazil for the baby etc. but it ends up being too much to take.

Super Contributor

Those talking about Paul and the bags he was planning on taking 5. But when he got there to check in found out he can only check 2 because of an embargo for 30 days. Also he was on the phone made it sound like he couldn't get a refund maybe he can partial it didn't show all the conversation. So he ended up packing everything back into the car and leaving the airport. I really do see his point of view, they need the things he was taking for the baby. I don't understand why or know the reasons I'm sure it must be a good one, as to why his mom just can't ship the items bags/boxes to him. Yes it would be expensive, but I imagine checking all those heavy bags/and large plastic totes would be as well.

This is my first time watching and I'm hooked lol.

As for Jenny she should stay home for her sake and Sumit. I've witnessed alot of this culture from the American side . Basically if a family of the culture move here raise a family they marry within the culture the traditions or alot still apply. For one they marry within the culture they do NOT divorce so much so there's no pre nuptial agreement. Which should be when when your talking multi million dollar at stake, and as the family see it an embarrassment to them to divorce. From what I've witnessed. Oh and the men can be as permiscuase as they want the wives pretend and turn a blind eye to it, while spending money and recieving expenses gifts from their husbands gold, diamonds, new car, Gucci you get the idea.
Respected Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:
Those talking about Paul and the bags he was planning on taking 5. But when he got there to check in found out he can only check 2 because of an embargo for 30 days. Also he was on the phone made it sound like he couldn't get a refund maybe he can partial it didn't show all the conversation. So he ended up packing everything back into the car and leaving the airport. I really do see his point of view, they need the things he was taking for the baby. I don't understand why or know the reasons I'm sure it must be a good one, as to why his mom just can't ship the items bags/boxes to him. Yes it would be expensive, but I imagine checking all those heavy bags/and large plastic totes would be as well.

This is my first time watching and I'm hooked lol.

As for Jenny she should stay home for her sake and Sumit. I've witnessed alot of this culture from the American side . Basically if a family of the culture move here raise a family they marry within the culture the traditions or alot still apply. For one they marry within the culture they do NOT divorce so much so there's no pre nuptial agreement. Which should be when when your talking multi million dollar at stake, and as the family see it an embarrassment to them to divorce. From what I've witnessed. Oh and the men can be as permiscuase as they want the wives pretend and turn a blind eye to it, while spending money and recieving expenses gifts from their husbands gold, diamonds, new car, Gucci you get the idea.

@Westshopper   That was exactly my thought about Paul's issue. He could have just shipped most of the stuff there instead. Yes, it would probably cost quite a bit but I'm sure it would still be cheaper than what he lost on the plane ticket by not going.

Most of these people don't seem to consider each others' culture and that there are many things to consider. I don't know what these people talk about before meeting/getting married but apparently it's not any of the practical things that they should be talking about.