Respected Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance "The Other Way" starts tomorrow June 3

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I just do not get why anyone from THIS country would give up everything they own, to move to a third world country, after having been there just days, even weeks.  It makes no sense.....I am absolutely speechless.

What do they have to gain?  No job - no clean water, no medical care to speak of - what is wrong with them?  Especially that Mormon guy.  He gave her all his money, belongings, etc.... She is just a greedy, selfish, etc......  Can't he see that?  She practically told him what she wants - and it's certainly not him.  

He isn't bad looking - surely he could find someone here who would appreciate him.... At least, he had $40k to give her - stupid as that might be.....  I really liked his father and was hoping he would talk some sense into him but I guess he wants him to learn by himself - the hard way.... Too bad - so sad....

@sophiamarie  I read the Mormon guy met her years ago when he was on a mission trip for the church. Her family owns some sort of little bar. I don't think there's much to it. I wonder if he bought it for them? Isn't this guy going to eventually run out of money and then what? I think he's totally naive.

@colliemom4  I heard him saying that he had bought a bar or something like that so maybe that's her family's bar that he was referring to. I don't know what type of job he has in the US but if he already spent $40,000 on this woman I don't see how he could possibly have more left. And it sounds like they make next to nothing in Equador so I don't know how he expects to support them if he doesn't speak the language yet. They certainly won't have money to go back to the US to visit his family but I guess she didn't want to, anyway, since she thought the US was such a horrible place. Compared to where she lives I really didn't understand that statement. You live in a third world country and there's pigs running around in the street but you still think that's better than the US?!

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I just do not get why anyone from THIS country would give up everything they own, to move to a third world country, after having been there just days, even weeks.  It makes no sense.....I am absolutely speechless.

What do they have to gain?  No job - no clean water, no medical care to speak of - what is wrong with them?  Especially that Mormon guy.  He gave her all his money, belongings, etc.... She is just a greedy, selfish, etc......  Can't he see that?  She practically told him what she wants - and it's certainly not him.  

He isn't bad looking - surely he could find someone here who would appreciate him.... At least, he had $40k to give her - stupid as that might be.....  I really liked his father and was hoping he would talk some sense into him but I guess he wants him to learn by himself - the hard way.... Too bad - so sad....

@sophiamarie   Agreed. Obviously one of them has to move if they want to be together but in most of these instances I don't understand why it's the US citizen moving. I would never move to India or Equador. It looked so gross in Equador. I wonder how long the guy is going to last before he's ready to go back to the US.

I agree Equador was awful.  What did he spend 40 thousand on???  I cannot understand why she wanted to go back and why he would consider moving to where she lives.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sophiamarie   Agreed. Obviously one of them has to move if they want to be together but in most of these instances I don't understand why it's the US citizen moving. I would never move to India or Equador. It looked so gross in Equador. I wonder how long the guy is going to last before he's ready to go back to the US.

I agree Equador was awful.  What did he spend 40 thousand on???  I cannot understand why she wanted to go back and why he would consider moving to where she lives.

@sunshine 919I found an article online that said he gave her $30,000 for property investment in Ecuador, $6,000 for a car and $2,000 to invest in a cocktail bar. I'm sorry, but considering what her neighborhood looked like, where exactly could she possibly be investing $30,000?!

I really don't understand why she thinks her home country is better than the US. It's as if she has no idea how to adjust to living a better life.

Respected Contributor

I finally got around to watching it last night--O.M.G.  This one is an even bigger train wreck than the other one.  Evelin is a witch with a b.  She is TOTALLY taking advantage of whatever his name is.  The first thing out of my mouth when I found out he gave her $40K was--I wonder if she actually bought properties with it.

The discussions we have for this one are gonna be good!

Respected Contributor

I finally watched it. These show take a huge chunk of my life up!  The girl from Ecuador is horrible, just horrible.  No redeeming qualities.  She's ugly, unkempt, miserable, wants all the opposite things he does, and she lives in a mud village with wild pigs running around and thinks it's the only place she can be happy.  She is robbing the guy blind. "Are you going to send me home with no money"?  What the......just disgusting behavior. And insulting his Mormon family was painful to watch.  The Indian guy seems ok, the makeup artist with the kid is in for a bad sitatuion with the gambler.  I want to know what happened to Paul's job?  Why is he now picking up cow patties for spare change?  Can't he get a job at McDonalds or something?  He is next level weird.  I felt bad when they denied his luggage, but he should have done the research and also he is a dummy lugging around all the crates of stuff.  Either buy it in Brazil in a major city or ship it. I'm sure they have baby supplies in Brazil, why do they need to come from the US?  I can't wait to see about his "terrorism" charges.  I am looking forward to the other ones they did not cover this week including the lady who is the second coming of good old Angela.  WHY does that very young, attractive guy want anything to do with such a woman?  I wonder what his game is.  Although the show is way too long, at the same time I wish it was 10 hours per week!!!!

Trusted Contributor

The young Mormon guy is just going to get hurt. The women from other countries must think the men here are so gullible.  They all have one thing in common, the girls want money and they want their way.  Why these guys are not seeing that, I cannot understand it.  They can't find any women here??  Its just crazy.  With the older woman going to India, I really think for some reason they have feelings for each other. We will have to wait and see if she is able to adjust to her new way of life. This is also going to hurt his relationship with his family and that can take a toll after a while.  It is sad too as everybody wants to have someone special in their life and for some, it just doesn't happen so easily.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sunshine 919I found an article online that said he gave her $30,000 for property investment in Ecuador, $6,000 for a car and $2,000 to invest in a cocktail bar. I'm sorry, but considering what her neighborhood looked like, where exactly could she possibly be investing $30,000?!

I really don't understand why she thinks her home country is better than the US. It's as if she has no idea how to adjust to living a better life.

A car !!!!! to drive where??? from what I have seen its all mud.  Did he give her cash?  Well that money is probably gone.  Is he nuts???

Respected Contributor

so funny, yes they own a resturant & he owns a bar, Mormons don.t drink. ////////////guess times change Mormons hate drinking, well if he makes a profit so be it. This is going to be fun. His investments &n her demanding ways can't wait

Honored Contributor

I can't help but think the the Mormon guy grew "attached" to the family while he was on his mission with the Mormon Church. I am not sure but I think a mission lasts about two years. That is a long time to establish a concern and wanting to help the family.

And that is why he gave so much money. He figures it is his way of helping them.

Honored Contributor

I read the Mormon guy have been traveling to see each for 4-5 years but he just recently decided to move down there because she will never come here.