Respected Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance "The Other Way" starts tomorrow June 3

Hi all -  Heaven help me, I'm in Smiley Very Happy

Let's see, Jenny sorta reminds me of Angela but not as trashy - just hoping that this younger guy is her "future".  "Michael Jones" seems very sweet (reminds me of Ansuelo who you know I have a soft spot for) but the previews seem to portray some "issues" with him.  Laughed when her friend said he will come to American and drop you like a "hot pocket" Smiley Tongue

Evelin - "user"  = Fernanda.  Forty thousand dollars ?????   I thought I saw a spark of humanity when she said that she hoped when he got  there he would be able to 

a.  adjust to missing his family, home and friends

b.  adapt to a new language and culture

no it was

c.  be able to make as much money.

Corey and his family reminded me of Russ and his.

Paul - let's see, a bullet proof baby pack.   He finds some strange stuff.  Remember the pen*s sheath to protect his organ from flesh eating microbes.  He is too much, if I was him mom I would be paying his way if he promised to stay.

Tiffany and Ronald - sounds like a Jon in England deal only worse.  I hate that she is dragging a child along - like little May.

I loved how the lawyer said, A record?  What kind of record?  She said, crimin

al (as opposed to NFL scoring record, of course.)

Not sure about the South Korean couple, major cultural issues of course.

Should be fun !

Honored Contributor

I read that Paul's mom went to see their baby in Brazil in April.

image.png

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that Paul's mom went to see their baby in Brazil in April.

image.png

Is he living there now?  Glad he did leave.  I didn't know if Karine was going to stay with him.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919  He is living there now but they may come live here. He said he's leaving it up to Karine, and she said she'll see if our medical facilities are good here and then she'll decide if it's where she wants to raise her son. The are in the middle of the jungle there so how can it compare to what we have here?

But I think he's being dishonest, because I've read that his citizenship, or whatever, was denied in Brazil due to his criminal past here and he's appealing it. So they may have to leave there and come live here. I also read that they were over in this country recently and are still fighting. He said she's a slob throwing clothes and drinking beer. There's a video, or videos, of it online, but she's not speaking in total English in the videos. I have not seen them.

Respected Contributor

I can understand being madly in love when you are very young but at a certain age you realize that love is not the only thing you need to make a relationship work.  When that buzz wears off it is awful when you realize you made the wrong decision.  However, being in a foreign country, broke and alone with that bad decision is a new low.  At least the 60 year old blond woman will have her family to help her when she hits bottom.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just do not get why anyone from THIS country would give up everything they own, to move to a third world country, after having been there just days, even weeks.  It makes no sense.....I am absolutely speechless.

What do they have to gain?  No job - no clean water, no medical care to speak of - what is wrong with them?  Especially that Mormon guy.  He gave her all his money, belongings, etc.... She is just a greedy, selfish, etc......  Can't he see that?  She practically told him what she wants - and it's certainly not him.  

He isn't bad looking - surely he could find someone here who would appreciate him.... At least, he had $40k to give her - stupid as that might be.....  I really liked his father and was hoping he would talk some sense into him but I guess he wants him to learn by himself - the hard way.... Too bad - so sad....

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919  He is living there now but they may come live here. He said he's leaving it up to Karine, and she said she'll see if our medical facilities are good here and then she'll decide if it's where she wants to raise her son. The are in the middle of the jungle there so how can it compare to what we have here?

But I think he's being dishonest, because I've read that his citizenship, or whatever, was denied in Brazil due to his criminal past here and he's appealing it. So they may have to leave there and come live here. I also read that they were over in this country recently and are still fighting. He said she's a slob throwing clothes and drinking beer. There's a video, or videos, of it online, but she's not speaking in total English in the videos. I have not seen them.

Well I hope they are not with his mom.  He was totally disrespectful to her.  And he seems like a slob too. lol

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I just do not get why anyone from THIS country would give up everything they own, to move to a third world country, after having been there just days, even weeks.  It makes no sense.....I am absolutely speechless.

What do they have to gain?  No job - no clean water, no medical care to speak of - what is wrong with them?  Especially that Mormon guy.  He gave her all his money, belongings, etc.... She is just a greedy, selfish, etc......  Can't he see that?  She practically told him what she wants - and it's certainly not him.  

He isn't bad looking - surely he could find someone here who would appreciate him.... At least, he had $40k to give her - stupid as that might be.....  I really liked his father and was hoping he would talk some sense into him but I guess he wants him to learn by himself - the hard way.... Too bad - so sad....

@sophiamarie  I read the Mormon guy met her years ago when he was on a mission trip for the church. Her family owns some sort of little bar. I don't think there's much to it. I wonder if he bought it for them? Isn't this guy going to eventually run out of money and then what? I think he's totally naive.
Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I can understand being madly in love when you are very young but at a certain age you realize that love is not the only thing you need to make a relationship work.  When that buzz wears off it is awful when you realize you made the wrong decision.  However, being in a foreign country, broke and alone with that bad decision is a new low.  At least the 60 year old blond woman will have her family to help her when she hits bottom.  

@chiclet  I don't even understand what these couples see in each other so I think reality is going to kick in pretty fast when they realize that they have next to nothing in common and they're lost in a country where they don't speak the language.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sophiamarie   Agreed. Obviously one of them has to move if they want to be together but in most of these instances I don't understand why it's the US citizen moving. I would never move to India or Equador. It looked so gross in Equador. I wonder how long the guy is going to last before he's ready to go back to the US.