Respected Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance Happily Ever After

@sunshine 919 

I watch the show and the pillow talk.  Pillow talk is hysterical!  I find they are saying what I'm thinking about the current show.  Should be entertaining tonight!  Lots of things going on in this episode.  😆

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   I would hope they take her baby immediately and clean him up and weigh and measure him.  Then, they wrap him up and bring him back to her.  That's been done for eons.  Gee, I hope they remembered to buy some baby blankets and stuff.......

I swear - such drama......Isn't that what she would want them to do anyway???  I mean, who wants an unclean baby??? LOL  That midwife looked like a real winner to me.  I don't think I would trust her w/o a medical person handy....... JMO

I don't know if they were in Miami when she had the baby.  I am going to look it up.  BBL

@sophiamarie  Oh yeah...both of those gals looked like real pros ha ha! I certainly wouldn't hire them! The poor mom had to go in her room.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

My first two were born in a small town hospital;  my doctor was a general practitioner who treated everyone for everything.    During labor with baby #1, I had the full treatment including a complete shave and enema;  both were torture as labor was fast and in no time I was in hard labor.  I think from the time I arrived at the hospital until birth was only 3 hours!  

With baby 2,  I had an appointment with the same doctor a couple days before my due date.  He said he was going to be going out of town soon, but wanted to be there for the delivery.. He told me to get a castor oil milkshake at the local drugstore as it could induce labor.  Well, it worked!  So, no enema, but still the full shave!  

Baby #3, completely different!  Actual obstetrician in a teaching hospital.  Small Fleet type enema, no shave and no anesthesia of any kind.    The pain was awful, but I did it! 

The idea of a water delivery disgusts me! As you said, the stuff that comes out is a mess, enema or not!  I can't imagine having to sit in it.   Yuck! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie  I did an online search about pool births and it said you've got to pay hundreds of dollars to rent those pools and must bring them back in pristine condtion. Also, that while having a baby the pool gets quite messy as one can imagine. I will leave out some of the other details they discussed lol. Oh and most midwives charge at least a couple of thousand dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4   Wow - lots of questions here.  How  much did they get from TLC?  Did they have insurance?  Hmmm, if Russ wasn't working, then maybe no insurance?  Wouldn't it have been less expensive in a hospital, IF they had insurance?  Where is the pool water going when he drains it out?    LOL

There's more to this than we'll ever know I suppose.  Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm glad everything came "out" sans problems - no thanks to the midwife and doula.  Grandma wasn't much help either, was she?  LOL  Well, at least she'll be there for awhile to help out with the baby.  Did they ever say how much he weighed??

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   Wow - lots of questions here.  How  much did they get from TLC?  Did they have insurance?  Hmmm, if Russ wasn't working, then maybe no insurance?  Wouldn't it have been less expensive in a hospital, IF they had insurance?  Where is the pool water going when he drains it out?    LOL

There's more to this than we'll ever know I suppose.  Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm glad everything came "out" sans problems - no thanks to the midwife and doula.  Grandma wasn't much help either, was she?  LOL  Well, at least she'll be there for awhile to help out with the baby.  Did they ever say how much he weighed??

@sophiamarie  I was thinking they may not have had insurance but there's got to be a better way! JMO.

I am clueless as to how they clean these pools out. The baby weight 7lbs 5 oz. and was born January 1. Have you seen his pic? He looks just like Russ.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I had 5 boys way, way back and I NEVER heard of an enema.  I had epidurals and never had a problem.

I never watched the births of my grandchildren either but to each her own I guess.....

You caught that, too?  No enemas for me, either.  The baby does not come out from the same passageway as....well, don’t want to go there! 

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   I would hope they take her baby immediately and clean him up and weigh and measure him.  Then, they wrap him up and bring him back to her.  That's been done for eons.  Gee, I hope they remembered to buy some baby blankets and stuff.......

I swear - such drama......Isn't that what she would want them to do anyway???  I mean, who wants an unclean baby??? LOL  That midwife looked like a real winner to me.  I don't think I would trust her w/o a medical person handy....... JMO

I don't know if they were in Miami when she had the baby.  I am going to look it up.  BBL

@sophiamarie   I don't know how Paola came up with the idea that a water birth would be so much better. I would be so afraid of complications and would want actual medical professionals to be there. I've never had kids but I can only imagine the pain and doing that without drugs? I don't like the midwife either. She looks like a homeless bum.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sophiamarie  I did an online search about pool births and it said you've got to pay hundreds of dollars to rent those pools and must bring them back in pristine condtion. Also, that while having a baby the pool gets quite messy as one can imagine. I will leave out some of the other details they discussed lol. Oh and most midwives charge at least a couple of thousand dollars.

@colliemom4   Haha. Well, we all know who's going to be on their hands and knees scrubbing that pool clean while Paola is sitting in bed with the baby.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   Haha. Well, we all know who's going to be on their hands and knees scrubbing that pool clean while Paola is sitting in bed with the baby.

@HSB1204  Yes I'm sure he cleaned it. I just wonder how they transfer the bodily fluids out of it?!