Respected Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance Happily Ever After March 17

[ Edited ]

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@SportyShorty07 QUOTE: Remember that guy who said "mmm" a lot and was running around in Russia in a cheap leather trench coat looking for that young Russian foxy scammer?

Yep, I remember him, but correct me, if I'm wrong...

Wasn't he one of the few "candidates" who made a good living, and could actually afford international travel?

I think he had plenty of discretionary money, but lived a rather frugal lifestyle.

Either way, I'm just outdone with being tricked, lied to and manipulated - NO more 90-Day Drama for me, and I'm REALLY thinking about pulling the plug (pun intended) on MAFSSmiley Tongue

@LavernLuvsShoes  You're right Smiley Very Happy! Now that I remember, the trench coat guy lived a frugal lifestyle, but he was a pro bowler and I think an engineer of some sort.  He was one of the few guys on 90 Day Fiance who could afford international travel.  I'm also strongly considering quitting MAFS- I love the QVC forum for it so I'll still read the comments, but I don't think I can watch another season of it unless I fastforward through a lot of each episode and only pause to watch fights.or couples fieldtrips/activities that look fun Smiley LOL  

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@SportyShorty07  She probably is going to freeze in Iceland. I went to Alaska in the summer once and it was too cold for me. It was interesting and beautiful though, so that kind of made up for it. Still, it's not for me but I'll bet Iceland is beautiful.

I hear you about not traveling far to see a guy or gal. They better be pretty close or forget about it. I'm not adventurous enough to meet someone in a foreign land either unless I happen to meet them in the states. Of course I'm not looking for anyone but ITA with what you said about it.

My husband knew about that yoga murder when I had never even heard of it! I rarely watch the news anymore so there's that, but I'm like how dare he know about my shows before me! JK sort of.... but it was weird Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOL

@colliemom4  Ooh Alaska and Iceland are beautiful from what I've seen on Youtube videos- but way too cold for me when I looked up the temperatures Smiley Very Happy Yep, I just figure that no man is worth my traveling and paying a ton of money to meet him.  I'd never date a guy living in another state or another continent.  I don't even like transferring buses to see a guy Smiley Very Happy.  I have a 2 bus rule- if a guy is more than 2 bus rides away within my city, I'm not dating him haha.  I laughed out loud at "how dare he know about my shows before me!" Smiley LOLSmiley LOL   Did he watch the Yoga Killer movie with you? Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE that I am finally DONE with the 90 Day whatevers !!  I tuned in for just a few minutes last night ... I CANNOT listen to one more second of screaming by Angela and Michael ...  no more bipolar Jasmine ...  no more dopey Sophie and her Mommy ... just can't do any more.  I think I need some kind of medical care for watching it this long.  No more Glamour Shot reunions with everyone showered and dressed like Cinderella's Ball ... put a fork in it ...  I'm D O N E ....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07  That 2 bus policy sounds like a good policy. My husband and I didn't watch the show together. The odd thing about Alaska, and Iceland may be similar, is the sun doesn't ever go down at certain times of the year so people are out shopping all night etc. That was fun, but then other times it's totally dark for all but about 3 hours a day which would drive me nuts. Especially since it's so cold there. When the sun didn't go down I had a tough time sleeping.

Trusted Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE that I am finally DONE with the 90 Day whatevers !!  I tuned in for just a few minutes last night ... I CANNOT listen to one more second of screaming by Angela and Michael ...  no more bipolar Jasmine ...  no more dopey Sophie and her Mommy ... just can't do any more.  I think I need some kind of medical care for watching it this long.  No more Glamour Shot reunions with everyone showered and dressed like Cinderella's Ball ... put a fork in it ...  I'm D O N E ....

Welcome to the Club! - I just can't take it any more either. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

@Pantsonfire2  You made me laugh out loud with the nickname "Dopey Sophie" Smiley LOL.  I'll tell ya, the cast members you mentioned are very, very frustrating! I have to break up the episodes into two days or fast forward just to get through them sometimes.  I hope this season is the end for all of the people you mentioned, because they really ruin what is an entertaining show. 

I also think that I could need some type of medical care for watching this series,or at the very least an in person support group for 90 Day Fiance fans to vent and laugh in a circle of folding chairs Smiley Very Happy.  The outfits for the 90 Day Tell All Reunions remind me of outifts The Real Housewives of New York cast would wear- just way too over the top for me.  

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@SportyShorty07  That 2 bus policy sounds like a good policy. My husband and I didn't watch the show together. The odd thing about Alaska, and Iceland may be similar, is the sun doesn't ever go down at certain times of the year so people are out shopping all night etc. That was fun, but then other times it's totally dark for all but about 3 hours a day which would drive me nuts. Especially since it's so cold there. When the sun didn't go down I had a tough time sleeping.

@colliemom4  My two bus policy is great- and even when I get a car someday, I'll still uphold the 1 hour or less travel to date a guy rule Smiley Very Happy. I've got to watch the Murdaugh Murders Lifetime movie!  I give your husband points for watching that Lifetime movie with you Smiley Happy!  I can't watch a lot of  sports either- I'll watch boxing or MMA fighting since those are exciting to watch, but I get bored sometimes while watching traditional sports. I'll watch some football if I'm flipping through channels, but its purely to check out the players in their uniforms  lol Smiley Very Happy.   

That's so interesting about how the sun doesn't ever go down at certain times of the year in Alaska and other places.  A gal pal went on a cruise to Alaska during that time and she said that it was disorienting to see daytime light during night time- she loved it there, but had to take naps to make up for the sleep she lost at night.  My room has to be dark for me to sleep, so that would've driven me nuts too! That's great that you got to go to Alaska though, its really beautiful in the youtube videos and photos that I've seen. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes  What does it feel like to quit 90 Day Fiance?  I've been watching for years and years and at this point its a lifestyle Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@LavernLuvsShoes  What does it feel like to quit 90 Day Fiance?  I've been watching for years and years and at this point its a lifestyle Smiley LOL

It's like kicking any habit that causes you stress = Liberating!!! (LOL) Smiley Happy

I've watched from the very beginning too, but the last year or so, I've felt frustrated that people can be sooooo desperate, naive and delusional, only to learn that most of this drama is scripted.

While it's definitely entertaining (in a weird sort of way), I refuse to be manipulated and jerked around.

Now, as far as MAFS is concerned - Quitting this one is gonna be VERY hard, and I'm bracing myself for withdrawal symptoms - Because I've always enjoyed a good "Love Story" ♥

Unless you all tell me that they've changed, improved and/or revamped the "process," I'm kicking Pastor Cal & Crew to the curb as well. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@CollieMom, thanks for the compliment and information. Wow those two degrees are so different. I wonder what the third one was for.