Honored Contributor

90 Day Fiance College Edition

[ Edited ]

After the HUGE success of their latest 90 Day Fiance franchise installment The Other Way, show producers have just announced they are casting for a potential new spin-off tentatively titled 90 Day Fiance: College Edition The official announcement states that Sharp Entertainment is currently “casting couples for a new documentary series with a major cable network. Specifically, we are casting students (college/university/graduate students) who are in a relationship, in which one partner in the relationship is an international student (studying in the U.S. on a student visa).”

As for the requirements of potential cast members, the producers are looking for students who are set to graduate soon; one must be a U.S. citizen and the other must be “an international student graduation around December 2019 or a former international student whose OPT is expiring.”

According to the Backstage casting website, potential cast members must be between the age of 18 and 32. If the ‘College Edition’ ultimately moves forward, it would be the seventh spin-off to follow the original “90 Day Fiancé.” As of now, the spin-offs include 90 Day Fiancé: Pillow Talk, 90 Day Fiancé: What Now?, 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days, 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way, 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? and The Family Chantel.

Honored Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance College Edition

I'm personally not interested in the College students... but good luck to the franchise.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I'm personally not interested in the College students... but good luck to the franchise.

@Q4u  I'm not interested either lol.

Respected Contributor

That sounds like a horrible idea. Why would they be encouraging college students to go through this? They're all going to be way too young to get married and obviously all of the US citizens are going to need someone in their family to co-sponsor the foreigner. There's no way a college student is going to have enough money to prove that they can support themselves and another person.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@Q4u  I'm not interested either lol.

Count me in on not interested

Respected Contributor

I'll give it a try. So many students travel abroad to study and can see that happening. 

Respected Contributor

How are college student's going to be able to pay off their student loans and pay for the fiance visa?  But, at least these couples will know each other.  They'll have been in school together and actually been in a relationship.  Unlike the other couples on these shows.

Respected Contributor

I'll try it and probably will get hooked on it like the rest of them.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Nope.  But of course, I will tune in and marvel at the stupidity of it all.