Honored Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance, Angela's mother?

Angela has all those children there because her other daughter, Scottie, not  shown on the show is in jail for a 20 year sentence. She molested a young boy teen boy under age 16 who is related to her ex boyfriend.   Her five children were in the home and watching the whole thing.  

Angela is taking care of her five grandchildren who now live with her.  She needs a full time babysitter and she chose Michael.  He can watch the kids and she can reap the benefits of having a man in her bed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie   Thanks for the explanation. Angela must feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of all these children.  Horrific past for the children of course.  I wonder if Michael and his family is aware of this situation.  Michael is an escape from Angela's reality, for him not a happy situation and can't believe he would want to bring his child into this environment.  He is better off in Nigeria with his friends and loving family.  

I wonder if the Visa process was aware of the truth of Angela's household situation and if that played a part in the denial (if true).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Angela's Mother looked like she had skin cancer all over her face and jaw... and was mentally not right.  I think Angela was offered a fee to have her sick Mother on the show and to add more drama with all the kids running lose like a pack of dogs.  The entire show is so scripted and fake. Entertaining if you love that kind of show that puts down uneducated people with hard lives.

Super Contributor

I wonder if Angela gets SSI for each child she has in her custody but at least she didn't put them in the system. But I'd wonder about their fathers. Then the poor mother would definitely get SSI so the only problem I see is Michaels. Can you imagine him so excited to come to America it's a dream come true for him and he walks in that house. I'd love to see his face when he finds out he will he is the new caretaker for that group. One thing for sure he won't want any kids anymore.  So if Scottie has a 20 year sentence Angela and Michael will be raising them until at least till there 18.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

After seeing all the human beings she is taking care of, it seems even more ludicrous that she has spent such an enormous amount of money trying to woo this guy who is duping her.  She could have found a loser in the USA and put some money aside for these 9 million kids she has to raise.  And why is she the only breadwinner?  Does that useless daughter have a job or what?  The mother had some scary looking growth on her face.  She needs to get that looked at.  Poor thing.  

@Grouchomarx   I am thinking that Angela gets monetary support from the child welfare system, can't think of the official name.

Honored Contributor

@fresh kitty wrote:

I wonder if Angela gets SSI for each child she has in her custody but at least she didn't put them in the system. But I'd wonder about their fathers. Then the poor mother would definitely get SSI so the only problem I see is Michaels. Can you imagine him so excited to come to America it's a dream come true for him and he walks in that house. I'd love to see his face when he finds out he will he is the new caretaker for that group. One thing for sure he won't want any kids anymore.  So if Scottie has a 20 year sentence Angela and Michael will be raising them until at least till there 18.

Probably gets Medicaid/Welfare for the kids.  They would not be eligible for SSI benefits. Angela's mother probably gets SS benefits since she is old enough to collect.

I am sure they get SNAP and other benefits as well.  Right now Angela is sending money to Michael and has made him quit his job. She is 100% supporting him and is very controlling.  I hope his visa is turned down and he is free to live a normal life. He doesn't know what is is getting in to. Run Michael, run!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some info on Angela's daughter that is in prison. Her name is Scottie. I know some of the kids she is taking care of her kids. I'm not certain about the other children.

On February 1, 2019, Scottie reported to Pulaski State Prison after she was sentenced to three synchronous 20-year sentences. A spokesperson from Georgia’s Jeff Davis County District Attorney’s Office revealed that Scottie is under custody and is currently serving just two years and one day of her 20-year sentence. They also revealed that Scottie will spend the remaining time of her sentence on probation. After her arrest that happened first in September 2017, Scottie was released on a $38,700 bond the next day. She was also ordered to stay away from kids who were under the age of 18 and any public areas where kids would be present.

And one year later, on September 2018, the court documents were filed to indict her on all the 13 counts. Scottie is also not the first member of her family to get caught up in legal issues. Scottie's mom Angela also found herself in trouble earlier in September 2018 after she was arrested and charged for DUI, according to police Angela was caught driving at a speed of 60mph in a 30mph zone and she was pulled over by the police.

A booking report stated that there was a "strong alcohol odor coming from inside the vehicle." Angela was then handcuffed and taken to the Treutlen Probation Detention Center after a field sobriety test. Scottie is known for her appearance on many episodes of '90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days'. She supported her mother Angela Deem during the ups and downs she faced in her relationship. After her arrest, Scottie will no longer appear on the show. '90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days' is a spin-off of TLC reality series '90 Day Fiancé. The show follows couples who have applied for or received a K-1 visa and have 90 days to decide to marry before the visas of the foreign half of the couple expire.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Michael would have listened to the other young people who were trying to let him know how it's "really" going to be in Georgia.....  

He should delete her from all his social media accounts and make like he never met her and make it so she can't contact him at all in any way.

Then, if he wants to really come to America, he can go back online and meet someone closer to his age, who treats him like a gentleman.  We all know Michael wants to come over here but Angela certainly isn't what he needs - especially with all her baggage.  She talks to him as though he were one of her grandchildren.  She scolds him and calls him names, etc...... Why, oh, why doesn't he drop her??  When he referred to her as his "elder" she didn't even know how he meant it.  She's such trash I can't stand her.

I think we all know he wants kids of his own - so why is he starting off on the wrong foot with Angela?  And - where is she getting all this money to travel to and fro and support him anyway?  She needs to use that money and fix up that shack of hers.  Guaranteed, there is only one bathroom there, so can you all imagine what it will look like with about 15 people sharing???? LOL

Enough of my ranting...... More later.... 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Carmie   Thanks for the explanation. Angela must feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of all these children.  Horrific past for the children of course.  I wonder if Michael and his family is aware of this situation.  Michael is an escape from Angela's reality, for him not a happy situation and can't believe he would want to bring his child into this environment.  He is better off in Nigeria with his friends and loving family.  

I wonder if the Visa process was aware of the truth of Angela's household situation and if that played a part in the denial (if true).

@phoenixbrd   That's a good point about the visa process. If all of those grandchildren live with her and Angela plans to sponsor Michael herself she would need to provide evidence that she meets the poverty guidelines and makes enough to support herself, Michael and the grandchildren. Plus her mom, I guess, if she lives with them too.

There was absolutely no need for them to have Angela's mom on the show. Obviously TLC knew that this was going to start a lot of conversations on social media. In the episode we watched Michael's visa hadn't even been approved yet so why would she be having a conversation about putting a lock on her bedroom door before he even got here? That's something she could have told them after he had been approved and she knew he was on the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Angela and her family are so trashy.  Angela looks a lot older than her age and her clothing choices are awful!  Get a good bra and cover up that chest and arms!!