Honored Contributor

90 Day Fiance' Alex (Loren) Saves Drowning Man

'90 Day Fiance' star Alex Brovarnik leaped into action and became a real-life superhero while vacationing with his wife, Loren, in the Bahamas ... saving a man from drowning.

The former reality TV star -- whose journey from Israel to the States was documented during season 3 of the show -- was out in Nassau over the weekend when he spotted a clearly intoxicated young man make his way out to the water and begin to go under.

What happened next was nothing short of incredible ... he literally pulled the guy's limp body back to shore and began trying to help him regain consciousness as a crowd formed. In video of the heroic moment, you can hear the camera man cheer him on.

Rightly so!

Loren wrote of the situation, "My husband was watching a guy who was beyond intoxicated, who was with his “friends” who just stood there and watched! The man went into the water and about drowned!"

She continued, "We are meant to be in a place in time for a reason! Alex and his friend Sean were meant to be at this beach, at this exact time because if not, who knows what could have happened!" Sounds like the dude eventually came to -- Loren says his life was saved.

Loren and Alex are one of the few success stories from the show. They're married, obviously, are currently expecting their first child together. Alex also finally got his citizenship all these years later.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fiance' Alex (Loren) Saves Drowning Man

Think Alex was a medic before he came to this country. I love that couple and excited when she has her baby boy soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thats so cool! i like this couple. they seem like nice people.

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Think Alex was a medic before he came to this country. I love that couple and excited when she has her baby boy soon. 

Yes. He was lifeguarding on the beach when she met him if I'm remembering correctly. How wonderful that he could save someone's life.

Honored Contributor

Alex and Loren are such a loving couple and their families are so supportive.  This action doesn't surprise me.  I would think it could be dangerous trying to rescue someone in the ocean who has been drinking.  Hopefully, the survivor appreciates Alex's heroic efforts to save his life.

Honored Contributor

There's video footage of the rescue on Instagram, not sure how to post it here, but the man was completely limp and obviously unconscious when Alex carried him out of the water, to the beach.

He surely would've drowned.

Great job, Alex!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor
Super Contributor

@colliemom4 He was a full time paramedic in Israel when they met. 

Honored Contributor

A life saved: Alex Brovarnik of 90 Day Fiance saved a man from drowning in Nassau, Bahamas in a dramatic rescue shared by his wife Loren Sunday

Out of it: The man's legs are flopping and head rolling, as Alex rushes him to the sand

Signs of life: Alex puts the swimmer in the recovery position

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a guy!   For some reason (maybe he was in a season before I watched) Im not terribly familiar with him, but huge kudos for a job well done!