Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 90 DAY THE OTHER WAY (season starts June 8)

[ Edited ]

Deavan's mom is awful. Good thing Jihoon's parents don't know much English. When the show first started I read some bad things about her mom. She's written some books. I can't recall what they were about but I recall it being said that she was extreme. That yellow vehicle Jihoon's mom drove and the gloves she had on made me laugh! I can't wait to see what the place they are staying in is like.

I don't care much for the new guy Tim. He's boring IMO. I don't think Brittany's or the Ethiopian relationship is going to work.

Respected Contributor

Deavan's mom was horrible.

And what is it with all the young African guys who think they are singers?  First Usman, now Biniyam?  And they are both equally as bad!!

I can see where Cheese stick Tim could get annoying very quickly.  He's a decent looking guy and probably has a good heart (with the exception of the cheating issue).

I'm afraid to see the inside of the apartment Jihoon picked out.  We all know that Deavan and the kids got stuck there.  I wonder if they high tailed it back to the US as soon as they could

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's just me (it probably is) but last night seemed like a ton of commercials and a couple of minutes of show.  Like it was chopped up in pieces.

Right in the middle, they bring in a new guy (Tim) who is boring as heck.... Twice he said "I'm not proud of what I did" or something equal to that.... So big deal - he cheated.  Who cares??  He didn't have to  mention it.  But then again, if he didn't, then we have no story, right???  I still think the whole thing is boring.

There wasn't much of anything.  I even watched the B90 and don't get it at all.... Who cares what they think?  LOL

I forgot who said they are beginning to like Tim (of Tim and Veronica).... I always liked him on Pillow Talk... I think he has a very wry/dry sense of humor... He doesn't mean to be funny but I think he is... I am not too fond of Veronica... Too loud.  and Annie still has to close it down some... I like David... He had a hair transplant.

Super Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

And what is it with all the young African guys who think they are singers?  First Usman, now Biniyam?  And they are both equally as bad!!

I can see where Cheese stick Tim could get annoying very quickly.  He's a decent looking guy and probably has a good heart (with the exception of the cheating issue).

I'm afraid to see the inside of the apartment Jihoon picked out.  We all know that Deavan and the kids got stuck there.  I wonder if they high tailed it back to the US as soon as they could

Jihoon didnt pick out the apartment.   That's part of the problem.  Deavan rented it on line, but Jihoon didnt even bother to take the time to look at it.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Maybe it's just me (it probably is) but last night seemed like a ton of commercials and a couple of minutes of show.  Like it was chopped up in pieces.

Right in the middle, they bring in a new guy (Tim) who is boring as heck.... Twice he said "I'm not proud of what I did" or something equal to that.... So big deal - he cheated.  Who cares??  He didn't have to  mention it.  But then again, if he didn't, then we have no story, right???  I still think the whole thing is boring.

There wasn't much of anything.  I even watched the B90 and don't get it at all.... Who cares what they think?  LOL

I forgot who said they are beginning to like Tim (of Tim and Veronica).... I always liked him on Pillow Talk... I think he has a very wry/dry sense of humor... He doesn't mean to be funny but I think he is... I am not too fond of Veronica... Too loud.  and Annie still has to close it down some... I like David... He had a hair transplant.

@sophiamarie  It seems they're having trouble finding good new couples for the show. Their storylines certainly lack something to be desired. I can't stand the new B90 show. I hope it flops lol. Molly was really loud Sunday night.

Honored Contributor

Is Molly the one with dark hair, southern accent, child-like voice, and she's quite large?   The one I'm thinking of sits on the screen right of a couch with another lady to the left (her right).   She must have been in a season before I began to watch, for which I think I'm glad, as I find her profoundly annoying.   

I don't watch the Pillow Talk show but have seen more than enough of her in the promos and I think I saw her in the B90 episode from last night.   

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Is Molly the one with dark hair, southern accent, child-like voice, and she's quite large?   The one I'm thinking of sits on the screen right of a couch with another lady to the left (her right).   She must have been in a season before I began to watch, for which I think I'm glad, as I find her profoundly annoying.   

I don't watch the Pillow Talk show but have seen more than enough of her in the promos and I think I saw her in the B90 episode from last night.   

@chickenbutt  Yes. That is her. She was married to a younger guy she met in the Dominican Republic but they split pretty quickly. He's still here married to another American woman.

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

Jihoon didnt pick out the apartment.   That's part of the problem.  Deavan rented it on line, but Jihoon didnt even bother to take the time to look at it.  

I did not watch, but I did see a clip of the mom cursing up a storm.  What is wrong with her?  Can't believe she was acting like that in front of her daughters in laws.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@claros wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

I did not watch, but I did see a clip of the mom cursing up a storm.  What is wrong with her?  Can't believe she was acting like that in front of her daughters in laws.

Apparently it runs in the family. Deavan claims her mom's sister tried to kidnap her and steal her car when she was pregnant with her second child. She said that was one of the reasons she wanted to live in South Korea. Deavan's mom even called her own sister dangerous. She had been arrested multiple times and was living on the streets for a long time when she said this.

Frequent Contributor

I thought Armando and Kenneth are not a real couple.  Well, maybe they are a couple...but their storyline is fake.

Armando does not look like he's his parents child. Not at all. He speaks English like an american. He is claiming he learned watching american TV as a child. While I think it is not realistic (his language is excellent and he comes across as well communicated and well read with lots of practice of the language) one would expect that if he watched TV with his siblings they'd learn the language as well? However one of the previous episodes showed his sister not speak English the way he did. Whom did he practise it with? His parents don't seem to speak English at all. He just looks like a city transplant into the country setting his supposed family is in. He dresses in a very urban sleek type of way. He just doesn't look like he belongs on that farm and I find it hard to believe he lives there.

Some of the childhood pictures shown in earlier episodes show his mother, and the woman in the pictures is not the woman we see now on the show. It seemed the woman in a childhood photo had entirely different features.

Why didn't Kenneth's children take their father to the airport? If he is leaving for good, what is he going to do with the car? Just leave it in the parking lot for his kids to come and get later? This makes no sense at all.

I thought this was all very scripted.

Did anybody else notice the Cheese stick guy at the bar with his friends throwing axes and Asuelu/Kalani doing the same on their date? Does TLC not have any other ideas?