Esteemed Contributor

Who watches this show and what do you think of it?  I am interested in watching Loren and Alex mostly.  I think MAFS is very boring compared to this show.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't like this show...think it's ridiculous...

Honored Contributor

I used to watch it but haven't for some time.  It just doesn't make sense.  I saw a follow up with a couple from maybe last year on Dr. Phil this summer.  

Trusted Contributor

I used to watch 90 Day Fiance and have become quite close to a few of Last seasons participants including Amy's sweet mother from S Africa. I am also friends with others and have found out how scripted alot of it is/was. Danielle and Mo......both are nuts and using the show as some sort of sick joke? ALso I do not like that some are misusing/abusing the K-1 Visa Process and TLC is sporting it as such. One is already supposed to completely know the person and that 90 day is not the time to "decide" and get to know the K-1 applicant. TLC which used to be The Learning Channel has become a platform for exploiting those more then willing to be exploited for money. They (TLC) love to stereotype, picking certain groups of peoples (Bayou peoples, southern, Mormons, polygamous, etc etc) which causes the bandwagon affect. No I dont support the many exploitations and scripting of TLC and 90 day fiance.

Contributor

@sophiamarie  I agree with you about Married at first sight.  I think the experts need to be fired.  I don't think any of these couples are still together.  Meeting for the first time at the alter?  LOL

The 90 Day show is a little different.  At least they go to meet the other person and get to know them.  I don't know anything about scripting or editing and I don't know any of the players, so I just watch for the entertainment.

Danielle and Mohamed are both looney.  I also don't get why people just can't meet someone locally - why do they have to look in other countries?  The people in the other countries for the most part, are looking to come over here and once they're here, it's all over.  I wonder how much they all get paid for this and is it really worth it?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The ones I talked to said NO it was definately not worth it (well maybe to Mohamed it was LOL) They really do not get paid much and Mohamed now thinks he is some kind of "Reality Star" HAHAHA I hope he enjoyed his 5 minutes of faux fame and needs to get a real job LOL.

Honored Contributor

I admit it is one of my guilty pleasures.  This season Anfisa takes the cake for being the craziest.  I musy have missed why Nicole is in Morocco as it seems clear Azan wants to live within his own culture.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually have a client who brought a woman he meet in another country (can't remember where she was from) to the USA to get married within 90 days.  I had to prepare his prenuptial agreement.  This happened a couple years ago and from what I hear they are still happily married.  

Contributor

I call these the Train Wreck shows.  I cannot stop myself from watching them (altho I would never admit it in real life), and I sit there with my mouth wide open and dragging the ground.  I give thanks every day that my life is "normal" and that I have a lick of sense. 

Honored Contributor
@sophiamarie wrote:

Who watches this show and what do you think of it?  I am interested in watching Loren and Alex mostly.  I think MAFS is very boring compared to this show.

Can't explain why I like this show but I do.  I really like the .   happily? ever after.  Mohamed seems to be so unlikeable and Danielle never seems to get it.  I do enjoy the show.