Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 90 DAY FIANCE--THE ORIGINAL! Starting April 17 2022

@sophiamarie I think what you saw may have been a preview of the Single Life Tell-All. It's scheduled to air on the 23rd I believe.

Respected Contributor

It was a pretty good show last night (although I missed about 1/2 hour because I was upstairs trying to balance my checkbook . . .)

Big question--why do all these people just assume they can afford to live in LA or NY?    Especially since they don't HAVE JOBS!!!    None of them (the Americans) seem to have any skills.  I think Party Girl (can't remember her name right off the bat) is a realtor, but Jibri doesn't seem to have any skills other than 'musician'.  Ari worked as a receptionist at her dad's office. Yve is a massage therapist and Patrick sells home security systems.  And Patrick's brother is a jerk.

Bilal is also a jerk, but I think Shaeed is a jerk too.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not liking Ari's mother.  Why did she and "Dad" sign a year's contract for the apartment they chose for Ari and Bini, knowing full well that neither of them have jobs and even if Ari gets a job, she will have to pay for a baby sitter.

That rent must be very high, considering it's Princeton, NJ.....  Oh, and just a block away from her parents too.....  If they signed for a year, then I think the parents should pay for the year, even though I am not fond of Ari either.  She's a spoiled brat and should have spoken with her mother about this, BEFORE they moved into the expensive apartment.  All that should have been decided upon, BEFORE, not after..... How foolish.......

As for Bilal and whatshername???  They both deserve each other.  None of these couples know anything about each other when they decide to live together.  None of this is ever planned out.  She left everything for him and now, they can't even get along.  They are both at fault IMO....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli You sure hit the nail on the head! Some of these people don't seem to have any life skills or any real plans for their futures. In addition, several of them expect their families (Mom & Dad) to support them financially. Ari and Bini really need to step things up, so they can support their precious little son. Jibri and Miona have some big expectations for their life together in the US without any current income. They also seem ungrateful to his mother for providing a home (and washing machine 😊) for them. Miona seemed to give the impression that Jibri's mother was going through her clothes, which did not happen. Trouble maker in the works. What a train wreck! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not watching this season but wanted to say that Ari's parents have filed multiple bankruptcies and are still in court fighting after years of doing so. Apparently they aren't in as good as shape as it may seem financially speaking.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I'm not watching this season but wanted to say that Ari's parents have filed multiple bankruptcies and are still in court fighting after years of doing so. Apparently they aren't in as good as shape as it may seem financially speaking.

@colliemom4   Wow, that is very interesting.  And he is a Cardiologist.....  Hmmm, very interesting...... Thanks.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just watched the latest episode. Bilal is a total controlling jerk. He thrives on picking fights. There's a reason he's divorced and Shaeeda needs to have a long talk with his ex. She shouldn't have tapped him but him rehashing it 30x is childish. 

I will say that girl can yoga!

How did Patrick make his $$?

Respected Contributor

I gave Bilal a pass with the first prank when he first brought her here.  Now, nope.  He is one major jerk.  That little tap she did on the head?  OMG He's acting like another Jesse. "Waaaaa, I'm a big baby and you're so aggressive and we need to talk about this, which means I will lecture you. In the meantime I will act like I don't know you and just leave you to fend for yourself at the prayer meeting."  Next time I hope she uses a 2x4.

Respected Contributor

@RainyDayGal not condoning violence, but he really is a jerk.

Respected Contributor

@RainyDayGal , absolutely agree with you.  It's all about me, me, me.

Then I believe he told her not to touch him; ok, if I were her and he's ready for or in the mood for some secks, I'd have to say, "don't touch me".  All he ever does is lecture her.  

For the most part, I like her.  She deserves better and he's going to keep putting off the conversation about having kids.  There is no compromise; either yes or no.