Honored Contributor

Re: 90 DAY FIANCE--New Season October 2018

@Carmie  Are they in Harrisburg? I looked it up and almost 52% of the population there is black. I know this show is scripted. Some of it's becoming ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Carmie  Are they in Harrisburg? I looked it up and almost 52% of the population there is black. I know this show is scripted. Some of it's becoming ridiculous.

@colliemom4, she lives in Mechanicsburg, but I saw a sign when they were on the highway "Harrisburg" so I think it may be close?  Not sure.

Contributor

I totally agree.  What angered me was when he asked her something about why "cops kill black kids for no reason."   Hateful and untrue comment.

And of course they were being stared at because of the cameras!

Honored Contributor

Harrisburg is on the east  shore of the Susquehanna River. Mechanicsburg  is on the west shore and it a suburb of Harrisburg....about 20 minutes away.

The Farmers Market shown on TV is about 10 minutes from Harrisburg City on the west shore.

This area of south central PA is very diverse.  There are people of nationally and race  That you can think of. 

Fifty years ago the West shore was more expensive and had higher taxes too.  That is longer true.  

Respected Contributor

Leida is a witch.  But it's good to know that she will clean.  I seriously do not understand why she would want to be with Eric.  She has made it clear that she wants to practice medicine in the US.  Surely, her life as a doctor isn't that bad in Indonesia.

The blond and Jay---if they get married, I will be surprised.  Or maybe I should say, if they stay married.  I can't remember if someone posted a spoiler for them.

Larissa really thinks she's going to get a huge wedding, doesn't she?  Has she not figured out that Colt probably doesn't make that much money and is, well, a cheap skate?  Does he own their current house with his mom?

I actually started to feel sorry for Fernanda last night.  She's got no business marrying Jonathan.  He is too old for her and I do not see it ending well.

Steven is a jerk.  And an immature jerk at that.

Honored Contributor

I don't like Leida. I thought it was funny when Natasha told her she wasn't moving out. The mess she left wasn't intentional? I don't believe that.

Fernanda seems really sweet but Jon is a weirdo. I don't see the marriage lasting. I feel she was misled and feel sorry for her. She's only 19.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Leida is a witch.  But it's good to know that she will clean.  I seriously do not understand why she would want to be with Eric.  She has made it clear that she wants to practice medicine in the US.  Surely, her life as a doctor isn't that bad in Indonesia.

WELLLLL--------

I read this on another website. 

"It's been said" on other sites, when the series started, that she had hit someone while driving a car, I think killed someone, I think in another country and she needed to leave Indonesia. Haven't heard more about it tho since then so maybe not?"

Respected Contributor

Whooaaaa!  That's a story!  You would think that as rich as her dad is, he would be able to buy her way out of it.  But she does kind of have that narcissistic personality that would not be able to take responsibility for the accident (if it happened) and flee.  It would also explain why she settled for Eric.  Have you all noticed there is NO affection at all between the two of them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DrKelli

I must admit I am not watching the "new" group. But I am keeping up with the show via all your comments.

But I don't understand, the parents going back to Indonesia and apparently giving their "blessing" to the mess their daughter AND grandson are now living in.

And just by reading what everyone comments  - do any of the couples even like one another. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not fond of this group at all.  I also don't see any couple who really "like" each other, let alone, "love"....

As for Eric and Leida:  I think his ex-wife is a nice person, but why does she have to schlep along with them when they go out?  That is something I never heard of.  I know he invites her, but why does she even want to go?  He looks so worn out too.  I don't see this couple lasting at all, let alone even getting married.

Steven and Olga:  I think he is very controlling and I feel sorry for her.  She just had surgery, is recuperating, tired, wiped out and doesn't seem to have any family.  She is only 20 y/o too.  I think she is much more mature than Steven is, even though she does go a ittle overboard with the hand-washing.   I hope the camera people from TLC are watching him and making sure he doesn't get abusive and maybe give him some advice on how to be a husband and father.

I can't think of any others at the moment, except the couple with the little boy "Oliver"... She is another Steven IMO.  Enough already with telling him how to hold the baby and she needs to get her brother out of the picture.  Why does he know so much about handling babies anyway?  Is he even married?  

More later when I am in the mood...... LOL

ETA:  Larissa and Colt:  LOL  I LOVE the way she talks.  Is it for real or is she putting it on?    Let's go and eat-ee some cakey....She even said "Colt-ee"....I thinkee he walkees funny.  Is it just me or has anyone else noticed???