Respected Contributor

Re: 90 DAY FIANCE--HAPPILY EVER AFTER? Starts June 14, 2020

Y'all reminded me about something I wanted to say about Asuelo--what parent in their right mind would take any child--vaccinated or not--into a thriving epidemic of MEASLES??

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Y'all reminded me about something I wanted to say about Asuelo--what parent in their right mind would take any child--vaccinated or not--into a thriving epidemic of MEASLES??

I just think he doesn't get it.  He has not had to mature enough to have adult reactions.  All he knows is how much he wants to go and that seems to override any sense that it's a very bad idea.  I'm just glad that he was honest about the measles epidemic, instead of trying to hide it.   At least that shows that he's basically decent.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From the moment Asuelo stepped off the plane and did that asinine dance in the airport it was clear that his maturity level had not reached a high point as yet. He is very childlike.

Valued Contributor

Lost what little respect that I have for Angela - woman, your mother is dying - can't you see that?  You want to go off to Nigeria, take your daughter with you and leave your dying mother alone to fend for herself - Angela, you should be ashamed.

Tanyin & Syngin - she doesn't seem to be doing much to help herself.  I secretly think she likes being a totally dependent babylike woman making Syngin fetch and tote for her.

Paul  Karini - feel so sorry for Karini.  She is a young mother in a strange country married to a man that cannot even support himself.  I thought it was VERY telling that his parents did not give him a key to their house.  That car - that is probably why they don't want him living in their house - who wants to clean up after a 35 year old?  At this point, Karini has two infants to take care of.

Esteemed Contributor

Where did that car come from anyway?  Was that Paul's car just sitting there while he was in Brazil???  I can't believe what I saw in it.  Food???  Poor Karine and Pierre (pronounced Pierray).... LOL

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Where did that car come from anyway?  Was that Paul's car just sitting there while he was in Brazil???  I can't believe what I saw in it.  Food???  Poor Karine and Pierre (pronounced Pierray).... LOL

@sophiamarie  Yes. Where did it come from? Not sure if you all know this but Karine is pregnant again. I read about it several months ago. They've had child protective service called on them so many times but have never been charged with anything after investigation. They were living in an apartment with newspaper and garbage bags covering all of the windows and Pierray was playing with a wig. Their place looked like an episode of Hoarders. Anyone remember that?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember that at all but I'm sure gonna look for it on my phone.  I believe every word... Poor Karine.

Maybe I can also find something on youtube..... TIA

Frequent Contributor

I thought it was incredibly low of Paul's mother to not let him stay at the family house when he came back to the US. I understand that he is incapable of supporting himself, immature and/or has mental issues, but his mother has got to understand that kicking him out wont' help him. In order to get back onto his feet he needs to be on his feet. I could not believe what I was watching when she chose to waste money on paying for the hotel rather than using that money to help her son and his family. Paying for the hotel is money gone down the drain. Did she think he'd find a job within a few days? Did she think he'd find an apartment in within a week? They don't have the money to put down a deposit, and they don't have any money for the basics to even furnish the apartment. Nothing. How does she expect him to get it all accomplished? Does she hate him? I wonder why he turned out that way. We are not animals and we can't just kick our kids out when they reach the age. A lot of them need extra help. Has he ever had his family help him? Seems like he was always doing odd menial jobs. All this aside, whatever jerk his mom thinks he is can't be relevant when he's coming back with a wife and child! Karine has never been to the US and she has zero support here in this country. She doesn't speak the language and has a baby. How could Paul's family even fathom to not have their daughter in law  and grandson spend even a few days with them is beyond my comrehension. Paul's mother took them to the hotel right from the airport. She did not even invite them for dinner. How did she think they were going to cook meals? Would they need to spend whatever savings they had on take outs? This is a recipe for disaster. Is this the kind of family that kicks their kids out at 18 and tells them they are on their own? It doesn't work like that any more. Did he ever have soft ground to fall back upon? I do wonder why he is the way he is. Karine did say that she was surprised by the lack of support from his family and that her family would have been all over helping. I thought that whole situation was brutal. He's never going to get up and the reason why he is down is partly with his family. Tough love doesn't work for most people, especially those who have a few screws lose to start with.

I feel badly for Karine. She seems like a nice person, but living in garbage with Paul will get the best of her.

Honored Contributor

@kitty_nina wrote:

I thought it was incredibly low of Paul's mother to not let him stay at the family house when he came back to the US. I understand that he is incapable of supporting himself, immature and/or has mental issues, but his mother has got to understand that kicking him out wont' help him. In order to get back onto his feet he needs to be on his feet. I could not believe what I was watching when she chose to waste money on paying for the hotel rather than using that money to help her son and his family. Paying for the hotel is money gone down the drain. Did she think he'd find a job within a few days? Did she think he'd find an apartment in within a week? They don't have the money to put down a deposit, and they don't have any money for the basics to even furnish the apartment. Nothing. How does she expect him to get it all accomplished? Does she hate him? I wonder why he turned out that way. We are not animals and we can't just kick our kids out when they reach the age. A lot of them need extra help. Has he ever had his family help him? Seems like he was always doing odd menial jobs. All this aside, whatever jerk his mom thinks he is can't be relevant when he's coming back with a wife and child! Karine has never been to the US and she has zero support here in this country. She doesn't speak the language and has a baby. How could Paul's family even fathom to not have their daughter in law  and grandson spend even a few days with them is beyond my comrehension. Paul's mother took them to the hotel right from the airport. She did not even invite them for dinner. How did she think they were going to cook meals? Would they need to spend whatever savings they had on take outs? This is a recipe for disaster. Is this the kind of family that kicks their kids out at 18 and tells them they are on their own? It doesn't work like that any more. Did he ever have soft ground to fall back upon? I do wonder why he is the way he is. Karine did say that she was surprised by the lack of support from his family and that her family would have been all over helping. I thought that whole situation was brutal. He's never going to get up and the reason why he is down is partly with his family. Tough love doesn't work for most people, especially those who have a few screws lose to start with.

I feel badly for Karine. She seems like a nice person, but living in garbage with Paul will get the best of her.

@kitty_nina  I think this was filmed a while back and he somehow eventually gets a place. He does a lot of social media gigs. Plus I'm thinking his parents probably still do help him out. They own a company and he worked there at one time. I have no idea what happened. His mom is a cancer survivor and maybe she doesn't want to be stressed out. I'm not saying I agree with her decision. The entire situation is not good.

Honored Contributor

When I first saw Paul and Karine, the two of them weren't getting along at all.  She was pregnant and was really mean to him.  I didn't understand why except that I could see that he was very immature and wasn't sure he was the father of the baby.

I recall the mother giving him pep talks about being a man.  So, this season, when the mother said he couldn't live with them, I assumed that she had been helping him for a long time and felt that she had enabled him long enough.  Afterall, he made the choice to go the route he did.  (I hate it when relatives make a bad choice and feel they can make you suffer the choice with them).  

Seemed to me he wanted yet another bailout and she gave him tough love with a dose of help instead.  I agree she was very cold about it.  A home cooked meal or two would have been nice.  I don't think I've ever seen dad.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)