Honored Contributor

9/27/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And we have a POV winner! It's Cody. As expected, he did very well and won OTEV. Nicole apparently couldn't climb the ramp even with the rope to help pull herself up, and also as expected,  David couldn't figure out why the comp was called OTEV until Tyler explained it was veto spelled backwards after they got back in the house. 

David, fighting for his life in the game, grabbed the $10,000 instead of going for the veto and Kevin apparently finished way out of the running, so it was a fairly comfortable comp for Cody and his allies. It was a very late comp not finishing until around 2:00 AM ET. Lots of inflatable stuff was involved as were shirts.

So, the outcome is the noms should stay the same and Kevin should be going home. Daniele, being Daniele, wants David gone instead and plans to use him taking the cash as a lever to flip the house. Not going to happen. Cody, Tyler, Christmas, Enzo want Kevin gone and that's enough to force a tie which Cody will break. Christmas was disappointed in David taking the money instead of fighting for veto, but she'll likely vote however Cody and Tyler vote. Memphis will likely go along with Cody as will Nicole when push comes to shove, so Kevin is likely a goner.

We have a show tonight! On tonight's show we'll see the house react to Dr. Will's presence as the neighbor, the HOH comp (whatever the heck that was) and Cody winning the HOH comp. Then we'll see the thoughtful and careful consideration of who to put up. (Ha! No.) And then David and Kevin being nominated. With the POV behind us, we're now back on cruise control until Thursday's triple eviction. Those most at risk on Thursday's two extra evictions would seem to be David, Christmas, and Daniele. Kevin will already be a goner. Sadly, Cody and Nicole seem to be safe. Tyler might take a shot at them, but we'll have to see. Enzo could be a casualty also along with Memphis, but I suspect not. Cody is viewing David as Victoria 2.0 and seems determined to drag him to the final two which is smarter than taking Nicole. David could end up winning the whole thing if dragged to the end. He'd get votes from Da'Vonne, Kevin, maybe Ian, Tyler (?) possibly Christmas (almost certainly a bitter juror), and maybe even Nicole or Daniele if whoever is opposite David flushed them. David winning this season would be the perfect ending.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 9/27/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

While it may be too late for this season I'd like to see a couple of equalizing monkey wrench HOH "competitions" thrown into the mix, specifically a drawing where every house guest, except for the sitting HOH, pulls a ticket from a jar,  All but one ticket would be labeled "sorry" and one ticket labeled "congratulations".  The house guest that drew the "congratulations" ticket would be the next HOH.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

I understand what you're saying about having more equalizing competitions. It seems like in the past few years there have been more physically challenging comps where the players have to be fast, strong, and even taller than others to have a chance. I know tall sounds like a weird thing to say but the very first hoh comp was geared toward someone with long legs having the advantage. Nicole said she was too short and too weak to win OTEV and there was only one rope she could even reach to pull herself up.

I'm not sure I'd like something as random as a drawing a ticket comp but I would like to see more mentally challenging comps so the smaller weaker players still have a chance. It's not like BB is Survivor or The Challenge--which I've never actually watched but image physicality is a big part of it. 

Anyway, you do realize that if there was a random draw with a winning ticket this season it would just say "Congratulations Cody, you win again!"  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2  I LOVE The Challenge and think you would like it. It is very physical. Last season there were 5 people from Big Brother on it and 1 guy (Jay) from Survivor. Can't wait for it to start again.  You should check it out on on-demand (MTV).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2   Maybe it would be congratulations Cody but it could very well be congratulations David or any one else. 

The monkey wrench part would be any strategies, especially throwing comps to favor a particular player, would not work.  The best player, the worst player, the most feared player and the most disliked player would be able to win.

As for mentally challenging comps the players most likely to win them have already been eliminated lol.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Survivor in recent seasons has thrown a puzzle into almost every comp. The combination of both a physical and mental part in each comp gives the more well-rounded players a better chance. I could see BB doing something like that more frequently.

Later comps are often a combo type comp where they have to remember the days or order of eviction and then climb a wall to put things in the right order on the wall. The fire hydrant comp was sort fo a combo puzzle as they had to run back and forth to retrieve the pieces, then put them together. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@SusieQ_2  I LOVE The Challenge and think you would like it. It is very physical. Last season there were 5 people from Big Brother on it and 1 guy (Jay) from Survivor. Can't wait for it to start again.  You should check it out on on-demand (MTV).

@sabra 

I did hear that Bayleigh got into a verbal confrontation with Kaycee on The Challenge but that's the extent of my knowledge of the game. 

It sounds like something I should check out. Thanks for the recommendation. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@SusieQ_2   Maybe it would be congratulations Cody but it could very well be congratulations David or any one else. 

The monkey wrench part would be any strategies, especially throwing comps to favor a particular player, would not work.  The best player, the worst player, the most feared player and the most disliked player would be able to win.

As for mentally challenging comps the players most likely to win them have already been eliminated lol.

@Marp 

I think you might have taken my comment too literally. I was just making a joke at the season's expense since it seems like regardless of what happens the cards seem to fall in line for Cody. But, you're absolutely right...it could just as easily be anyone in a random draw. 

I can see your point as to how something like that could be interesting. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sabra wrote:

@sabra 

I did hear that Bayleigh got into a verbal confrontation with Kaycee on The Challenge but that's the extent of my knowledge of the game. 

It sounds like something I should check out. Thanks for the recommendation. Smiley Happy

Yep, Bayleigh thought Kaycee betrayed her (she didn't) and she went off on her. Other than that I really liked Bayleigh on this show.  She was totally different than she was on BB and she did well. It was good to see a different side of her. Definitely check it out.  You should watch it from the beginning.