Honored Contributor

9/21/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And it's POV meeting day today where the POV probably won't be played. Tyler won the POV in the maze comp where Zingbot made an appearance, but old Zingie wasn't apparently on his game as none of the houseguests were overly traumatized by his/her zings. Pity! About the only one we've heard mention was Zingie telling Daniele she was now an old player instead of an old school player.

Memphis wanted Tyler to use the POV so he could backdoor David, but Tyler had said no. That could change today as Tyler gave David a chance to come clean on the votes from last week and David talked in circles instead of telling him how he voted. Tyler already knows how David voted. He was just testing David to see if he'd tell him the truth. David failed the test. Will Tyler now go to Memphis and say he's willing to use the POV, or will he just keep David as a target going forward? Probably the latter. David's a very bad player and is more than a bit lost most of the time. 

Da'Vonne and Kevin came up with an absurdly complicated and confusing plan yesterday where Kevin was to go to Memphis and tell Memphis that David confessed to them about voting the wrong way, and that Memphis would then come to Da'Vonne to confirm what Kevin said and that they'd then convince Memphis to get Tyler to use the POV on one of them and then have David put up and be voted out. Da'Vonne still favors that plan but Memphis told Kevin that he was safe this week and Da'Vonne was the target, so now Kevin doesn't want to go forward with the plan since he knows he's safe this week. He's afraid if he pushes this big plan that Memphis could find out they were lying and he'd become the target.

So, we have the POV meeting today where Tyler will likely pocket the POV. Da'Vonne will likely be leaving on Thursday by another unanimous house vote. Daniele was pushing to save Da'Vonne but seems to have given up on that. (Expect some token mention of it on Tuesday/Wednesday so production can make it look like the vote is up in the air for Thursday's show.) Then we'll be on cruise control until Thursday when yet another new HOH will be crowned and then David and Kevin will be the new nominees with one of them gone the next Thursday.

The game has fallen into a very familiar pattern and seems unlikely to change much in the near future. Once we get to six or seven players left things will finally get interesting, but until then we're just watching the mindless sheep get picked off one by one. David had a shot at going a bit farther as Tyler really tries to help him, but David is a bit overly dense. Not coming clean about his vote was a stupid move, but in keeping with David's gameplay. The final seven should be Enzo, Cody, Memphis, Tyler, Christmas, Daniele, and Nicole. Daniele and Nicole are becoming less popular with Cody, Enzo, and Memphis and they pretty much know it. One of those two groups (Nicole/Daniele or Cody/Memphis/Enzo) will take a shot at the other in the not too distant future. That's when the real fun will start. Tyler and Christmas have done a pretty good job of keeping their alliance somewhat hidden. Tyler's not very safe with the guys and Christmas isn't very safe with the girls, but they each have some safety on each side which could work out okay for them, but the house is starting to realize Christmas is Tyler's KC this year.

I'll post back after the POV meeting with the outcome. I don't expect the POV to be played. The meeting typically takes place halfway early in the day before much scheming and plotting can take place, so wherever things were the night before is typically how the POV meeting goes down.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: 9/21/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

This year, for the first time since BB started, I have totally lost interest. I generally like a random Favorites year, but not this one.  It was predictable and just no fun to watch. I wish one of those goons teamed up with Jannelle or Kaiser even for a while, to keep my interest...but nope.  This year, I am only following the show through your eyes.  It is FAR more interesting to read your recaps than to watch.  Thanks for all you do and have done over the years, Gardenman!

Super Contributor

It is just so boring not even sure if I will watch the rest of this week's episodes.   One large block has control of the house.  They pick off the the weaker unaligned targets who really do little to save themselves.  If anything, they do dumb things that further highlight the target on their own backs.   No big moves.  "Expect the expected".  

I always though David got a raw deal being ousted within hours of last season, but he has had so many lifelines and chances this year he is clueless and really doesn't deserve to continue.  I'd rather see Davonne stay at least her game is slightly better.  When the main alliance has to start cannibalizing itself then I'll have another look.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman i'm so thankful that you keep recapping for us.  This year is terrible (but I hate all star seasons for ANY show) and I confess, I went to Jokers before I came here and when I saw the nominations, I said, well, that was predictable.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

This week's nominations were predictable. Next week's are likely going to be Kevin and David unless one of those two win HOH and that's kind of unlikely. The next week is likely to be whichever one of them survives and either Enzo, Christmas, or Tyler. It's just been a steamroller season. There have been no power flips. The wall yellers have tried desperately to stir things up, but the sheep don't listen.  It's been an All-Dud season instead of All-Stars.

The worst thing is they should know what's been happening and no one does anything to stop it. Kaysar was warning them from early on. "He doesn't know what he's talking about!" Ian figured it out for a while and did nothing. Kevin, yes even Kevin, figured it out for a while and also did nothing. It's just been a dud of a season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I am glad it is not just me. I was so anxious for the show to start & it has been a huge letdown. I keep waiting for it tp get better but its not happening. But I will keep watching hoping for a better season next year.

Esteemed Contributor

This is my opinion of the great Kaysar debate. With all of his supposed grand vision it was his own gameplay that created the season we have now. You can shout all day (and several wall yellers have) "they're together, they have an alliance" until you're blue in the face but once you let that strong group form it's too late. That was Kaysar's downfall. 

Going into the game Janelle and Kaysar knew they would be a target but rather than playing down the connection a bit and scooping up one of the best players in the house Kaysar said "No, let's align with Keesha and Memphis instead." Huge mistake. Instead of working on creating their own strong alliance they gave Cody the time he needed to claim that player as a number for his side. 

With Tyler on their side (and he was willing) they could have brought in Xmas and who knows who else. It would have changed the whole trajectory of the season. Yes, two members of the committee (not yet named but still intact) won the first two hohs and Keesha and Nicole would be gone but hoh #3 would have gone to them with Tyler's win and they could have taken out one of the big players rather than lose Janelle. Their next win could have been Xmas' win and another one would bite the dust. 

Yes, it's hard to say exactly how it would have gone but one thing's for sure. Any idiot could look at the house and know who's on whose side (thanks for nothing Kaysar) but there's not much you can do to change it unless you can win a comp and there hasn't been one win other than Da'Vonne's veto from the other side of the house. 

My question for Kaysar wouldn't be how was he able to see what was happening in the house. My question would be why didn't he stop it when he had the chance? It's not like he didn't know who Tyler is--he watched his season. Kaysar played as he always has...good vision--zero execution. Good guy but not a good player.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

You have to admit - if David and/or DaVonne leave the entertainment value will drop.

David is lost and DaVonne gives hilarious commentary.  I love her.

Honored Contributor

The POV wasn't used.

Da'Vonne asked Nicole once again how she voted and Nicole continued to lie and insist she voted to keep Ian. Uh, no. Da'Vonne wanted to be sure she wasn't making an idiot out of herself by blaming David. Nicole is continuing to maintain the lie even now when it's no longer necessary. If Tyler and Christmas spill the beans in their goodbye messages, then Nicole may be dead in the eyes of Da'Vonne. Nicole is a little nuts over this. Da'Vonne's vote gave Nicole the win in her season and to blatantly lie to her now is very tacky.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Even if they don't spill the beans to Day (which Nicole should), Tyler and Nicole both spilled them to Ian in last week's goodbye messages so he will likely fill her in once she's in the jury house.

Kevin is the one who figured out, or is at least suspect, that Nicole is the one who's lying about the vote but Day is adamant  Nicole would tell her. It wouldn't have gone over well but Nicole should have taken that opportunity to come clean. Day isn't going to be happy when she finds out it was a set up. This is how I imagine her reaction.

OMG Hockeyz?! - Excited cat Hi - quickmeme

I wouldn't want to be around for that either. Smiley Very Happy

The only hope Nicole has would be to remind Day that when it comes to votes she's quite the liar herself. Day swore to Ty that she voted for him to stay last week and even had the nerve to ask him to use the veto on her. You know, the same pov that she used last week on Kevin in order to get Tyler evicted. Yes, Day is certainly no stranger to creating a false narrative.

At this point they're both lucky that liar liar pants on fire isn't a reality. If it was the house would have burned down in season one.