Honored Contributor

Anybody else feel like it jumped the shark last night, so to speak?  Woman LOL  

Sorry, that's just what came to mind when they did the shark segment.  Otherwise, good show.

Super Contributor

Honestly, I feel every episode has a  “jumped the shark” storyline. I don’t understand why. There are some wonderful actors and compelling stories, these foolish stories have almost ruined the show for me.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, some of the situations are hokey and far fetched, but I have come to really enjoy this show.  I especially like Athena and Angela Bassett's portrayal of the character - strong and tough but also insightful and tender.  

Honored Contributor

I really like the show...it's got just the right amount of action, shock and drama...okay, maybe a little too much drama sometimes. But overall I think it all works out well together.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Anybody else feel like it jumped the shark last night, so to speak?  Woman LOL  

Sorry, that's just what came to mind when they did the shark segment.  Otherwise, good show.

Missed last night's episode; however, I did DVR it...I like the show and most of the storylines. I agree it can be over the top and a bit over dramatic but I am never bored when watching!

Honored Contributor

I had to take my dog out during the shark bit, but the rest of the show was pretty good. 

Spoiler

I did like how Angela Bassett was standing there, all warrior-like, in the doors of the subway train, with her gun pointed at the bad guy, and then that other policeman tackled him.  I thought it was well-choreographed and obviously carried through the theme of how her mom trained her to be a warrior.

And then she cuddled those two poor boys.  You just had to cry a little. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

It reminds me of Grey's Anantomy in their earlier years.They used to have all those dramatic injuries. I haven't watched GA in years so I don't know if they still do that. I love the characters on this show.I wish Connie Britton would come back.

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

It reminds me of Grey's Anantomy in their earlier years.They used to have all those dramatic injuries. I haven't watched GA in years so I don't know if they still do that. I love the characters on this show.I wish Connie Britton would come back.

@Estates I haven't watched GA since they killed off McDreamy.  Actually, I had stopped watching before that but was recording to catch up at some time, but I happened to see the episode where they killed him off and I said "No more".  

Super Contributor

@Estates , @Icegoddess  

I’m a member of that club! I refused to watch McDreamy get killed off, and haven’t watch GA since.

Honored Contributor

It's customary for them to have one quirky case per episode so I'd say no to your question. I'm glad the show was back. Couldn't place the actress playing the mom but felt I should know who she was.