Honored Contributor

9/08/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Welcome to "Ruin your Reputation Week" on BB 22! I don't have time to post a full update early this morning as I want to watch last night's fight on flashback before I post too much about it, and I'm just about to head out to do some shopping. Suffice to say half the house is now thought of in a very negative way and things aren't likely to improve. I should have the full update ready around ten-ish this morning. Check back for that! It should be interesting. From the little I've read, I may wear out the "F" key on my keyboard if I try to post it all verbatim. I'll post back soon! (Why do these things always happen when I have plans the next morning? Ugh! We couldn't just have a nice quiet night?)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: 9/08/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Sounds like production supplies them with liquor for Labor Day and everyone got super inebriated.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay. I've caught up on the flashbacks. Let's start with some background. As we know, Bayleigh and Da'Vonne were put up on the block by Christmas. Both girls were unhappy about this for obvious reasons, among the reasons being that they thought Christmas was an ally. They'd shared a room together, were all in an alliance together, and had talked game on multiple occasions. Christmas had "won" the HOH by edging out Da'Vonne who'd been picked five times to play by the big alliance in the house. Christmas "won" simply because Da'Vonne answered incorrectly on the final question. Christmas was not a target for either Da'Vonne or Bayleigh. 

When Da'Vonne and Bayleigh found themselves on the block they handled it well despite Christmas's allegations that Bayleigh would stab her in the eye with a fork, stab her in the chest, or shoot her. Instead, they took the nominations in stride. They lost the POV and Christmas won the POV giving her the power to save one of them.

Tyler then decided to leave the game, but to do so in a way that would allow him not to be bankrupted by BB. He could DOR (drop out request) but doing so would cost him the full $40,000 plus the costs of casting him which would include the two weeks for the Air BNB they'd put him in for sequester, the airfare, and all of the testing (psych, Covid-19, etc.) Instead of paying all of that, he asked Christmas to put him up as the replacement nominee and then he'd call a house meeting to encourage the house to vote him out. This would save both Da'Vonne and Bayleigh, and let Tyler go home without being bankrupted. Christmas, Daniele, and Nicole then made a deal for a new alliance with Da'Vonne. Tyler told his plan to Da'Vonne and Christmas and said he was doing it due to his belief in BLM and equality. (Bad move by Tyler.)

So, the POV meeting took place and Christmas chose not to use the POV despite Tyler wanting to leave. Tyler then was happy go lucky Tyler afterwards and seen joking and laughing. Da'Vonne and Bayleigh thought they'd been played. (Not unreasonable as much of BB nation felt Tyler used the BLM movement and then betrayed Da'Vonne and Bayleigh.) Tensions were running a tick high. 

On to the fight. Christmas came into the bathroom and asked Da'Vonne if Bayleigh was okay. Da'vonne explained how Bayleigh felt hurt and betrayed in that she'd trusted Christmas and she couldn't understand why Christmas didn't put up Tyler. Christmas said she couldn't guarantee that Tyler would call the house meeting he'd promised Da'Vonne and Bayleigh to ask to be evicted. Da'Vonne explained that Bayleigh felt that Christmas had the opening to keep Bayleigh and opted not to.

Da'Vonne then explained that Bayleigh had felt very close to Christmas and considered her an equal in terms of friend to Da'Vonne and for Christmas to do this to her felt like Da'Vonne doing it to Bayleigh. Christmas and Da'Vonne kept going back and forth whether stuff was personal, game-related, or personal game related. Da'Vonne stayed pretty calm most of the time while Christmas got more and more heated. Da'Vonne said Bayleigh trusted Christmas and told her stuff and Christmas took it and used it against her. Christmas kept turning up the heat until things reached a boiling point. Da'Vonne then said she was walking away and Christmas said good night, then Da'Vonne said don't good night me as she stomped off. About then Bayleigh meandered into the bathroom from the DR and stumbled into things. Bayleigh tried to explain things and calm the situation down. 

Bayleigh explained that she kept assuring Da'Vonne that Christmas was good with them and not to worry only to be betrayed. Bayleigh explains that opening up to Christmas on a personal level and then have her come after her hurts. Christmas then escalates the shouting again when Bayleigh says Christmas was trying to play the victim game. Things then heated up still more and Da'Vonne jumped back in and assured Bayleigh she did nothing wrong but that Christmas had betrayed Bayleigh and felt guilty about it. Christmas said something about being dragged through the mud for winning HOH and POV.

Not the worst fight I've seen on BB. Kevin worked to calm Christmas back down afterwards. Christmas has a wee bit of a temper issue. When she found out her baby daddy was seeing another woman she ambushed the other woman, confronted her and then rammed her car in the parking lot. Yeah. Not necessarily the calmest person in the world. Kevin did a nice job of talking her down last night though. Suffice to say tensions will be a tick high in the old BB house through the rest of the week.

Bayleigh was largely an innocent bystander who stumbled into the fight midway through and tried to deescalate things, but Christmas wasn't into deescalating. Some door slamming followed the fight and things stayed a bit tense. (To put it mildly.) 

The good news for Kevin is that he's now slipped a notch in the eviction order. He was queued up to go out next, but now Da'Vonne has jumped him in the eviction order. 

So, reputations this week are getting destroyed. Tyler, who was AFP is now viewed by many as a manipulative jerk. Christmas who had been fairly calm and controlled through the show, showed the explosive side of her personality last night and is now trying to pin Da'Vonne as the bully while she's the good person. (Uh, not really.) Da'Vonne blowing up doesn't help her reputation. Kevin may be improving his reputation, but don't worry, he'll do something stupid soon to destroy any gains. Bayleigh's stayed pretty calm and controlled through the whole thing which was unexpected.

So, the outcome is the same as it was before. Bayleigh is still the target this week. Da'Vonne has leapfrogged Kevin as the target for next week. It's not that big of a jump anyway as she was close to him in line before this. Ian and David have likely been given an extra week in the house as a result. Tyler is likely to hang around for quite a bit longer. I'm not sure if that's good or bad for him. The Twitterverse is gunning for him a bit, so staying in the house and letting things calm down for a bit might be best for him.

All in all, yesterday was a day BB production probably wanted. It'll help the ratings on Thursday's show. They'll tease the big fight on Wednesday and air it on Thursday. It probably won't be enough to get BB past the NFL ratings-wise on Thursday, but it might get them close. Production is probably happy as it gives them a lot of good footage to use. Tyler's getting killed which is horrible for him. He really didn't do a lot wrong and when stuck in the house decided to make the best of it. He was a bit stupid tieing his wanting to go to BLM and equality. Safe to say he's unlikely to win AFP this year. Cody, Nicole, and Daniele, who are largely running the house get to skate by for weeks more with no one really gunning for them as Da'Vonne would be more likely to target Christmas and vice versa. 

Things should calm down a bit today. The DR has likely had long, long chats with all involved. There will be an indoor lockdown starting soon to get the yard ready for the next HOH comp so everyone should just retreat to a quiet corner and lay low for a bit. 

As this game goes on expect things to get more and more heated. Cody's a bit of a hothead as is Daniele. Should they end up on the block you can expect more fireworks. Odds are when Da'Vonne goes on the block whoever puts her on the block will put David alongside of her which will open up the racism can of worms again. The "We all love one another" phase of the game is ending and the "I'll kill you you bleeping bleep!" phase of the game is starting. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it's more entertaining than what we've been watching.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the updates!!!

Respected Contributor

I can't stand all star seasons for ANY show.  

Was Christmas this wishy washy in her season?  It seems like she doesn't have any strategy at all.

Respected Contributor

Christmas showed a cruel evil streak during her season. I think we'll be seeing more of it. 

Honored Contributor

In her first season Christmas broke her foot and scootered her way through the game as a rabid follower of Paul the Great and his sidekick Josh. BB wisely kept her medicated for much of the season and she was tolerable in a generally miserable season. (She was talking to Ian a few days ago about how weird it was that everyone defaulted and she won a racing HOH in her season. Clearly she never went back and watched the feeds as Paul order the sheep, er cast, to default and they all obeyed. She apparently doesn't know her fellow sheep were just obeying orders.) She got into a shouting match with Jessica at one point during that season and was a bit obnoxious, but obeyed her beloved Paul. She was never a favorite of mine. I was a bit disappointed to see her in this cast.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Could be Day missed an opportunity; had she continued the argument a bit longer, Christmas may have gotten physical and eliminated.

Honored Contributor

From a purely narrative standpoint, having Daniele use her power this week to let Christmas compete in the next HOH comp even though she's currently HOH, would be interesting. Da'Vonne's face when she heard that someone used a power so Christmas could compete for HOH would be fun to watch. "So, it is to be war between us." It would certainly be a hotly contested HOH between those two.

From a narrative standpoint, the mean little Aryan appearing blond Daniele, giving her power so the aggressive white tattooed HOH fitness expert Christmas could target a second black houseguest might, or might not be what production would like, but it would certainly stir conversation and controversy.

I'm not sure when Daniele has to inform production she's using her power, but many of the HOH comps are set up for a specific number of players. Unless they're just automatically adding an extra space for three weeks, which would largely telegrapgh what one of the powers was, she probably has to let them know before construction begins.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that production suggests/encourages Daniele to use her power this week. It's not an especially valuable power and it could create even more drama this week (not that we need more drama this week) and it's unlikely to be overly useful in the next week or two. Christmas and Daniele are friends (sort of) in the house and Daniele could say she just wants Christmas to have a chance to defend herself. It would be an interesting move. Christmas would be thrilled to have a chance to repeat as HOH. Da'Vonne's face when Julie announces it would be interesting to watch. It would be a very impactful time to play that power. We'll have to see what happens.

Production may be too busy trying to figure out how to explain everything in the time they have for Wednesday and Thursday to think about the powers too much, but this could be the best week for Daniele to use her power. Daniele using it and Christmas winning a repeat HOH would generate lots of online chatter. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

We saw nothing in regard to the Tyler/Xmas conversation--one that lasted hours. We saw nothing regarding the Tyler/Bayleigh conversation--one that was likely equally as lengthy. But let three short-fused women argue after a backyard holiday party and the BB cameras are in for every second. Glad to see they always keep their priorities straight.

So, as predicted, the "easy" target week gave us some fireworks. Granted, not an all out aerial display...more like a fading Piccolo Pete. 

Close-up of Fireworks Fizzling Out Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  2097443 | Shutterstock

But, hey, the week is still young. There's still time. You never know what might happen. Is this in our future? 

NYC men caught with $6k illegal explosives amid fireworks trend -  Internewscast