Honored Contributor

Re: 9/05/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Interesting! It sounds like Nicole, Daniele, and Christmas want Da'Vonne to stay and would consider backdooring Kevin. I'm not sure they'd have the votes for that, but it would be interesting to see them try. Daniele, Nicole, Da'Vonne, and Tyler would be just four votes. Nicole could reel in Ian perhaps. That would be five votes. That's enough. Would Tyler keep Bayleigh? Could they pull in David for his vote? If the girls could unite and attack the boys things could get pretty interesting.

Hmm...forget the backdoor Kevin thing. Christmas just said either Da'Vonne or Bayleigh have to leave, so she's targeting getting rid of Bayleigh. Interesting. The guys, other than Tyler, might prefer Da'Vonne going. The backdoor could still happen though. We'll find out Monday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Ian's long stay in the DR was for a medical reason and they wouldn't let him compete because of it, but he's back in the house and seems fine now. Christmas apparently pulled Tyler off to the side and then whispered something to Da'Vonne and Bayleigh which had the guys worried that she was planning something.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a way to pass time while waiting for the pov comp to end. Take a nap! It's so hot here it must have made me sleepy. I guess it's hot pretty much everywhere.

So, yay (I think), Xmas won yet another comp. I guess she's proving what she wanted to prove back in 19 when she broke her foot--she's a comp beast. I know she won hoh by basically doing nothing but she's won quite a few now and you can bet we'll be hearing about it, lol. 

I feel like the one to vote out is Bayleigh but it will interesting to watch how the campaigning goes.

Honored Contributor

Bayleigh's "Prize" from the POV comp is the Triathlete 500 laps prize. Suspicion is the punishment will require her to do 500 laps of the yard on a tricycle. (It could also involve swimming and running also as triathlons use all three and BB has a pool.) 500 hundred laps on a tricycle, 500 laps in the pool, and 500 laps running in the yard would be exhausting.

Nicole "won" a Slop-i-tard. And I think Daniele won a slop pass keeping her off slop.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

As always, thank you @gardenman for these posts and updates as well as the other posters. I just can't do it anymore.  It is so far gone from what it used to be.  I hope you all enjoy it.  It's been a blast!

Valued Contributor

@gardenman ...  could it be the producers have dabbled too much into the game and they have ruined the basic concept of what Big Brother has been ...  OR too many cycles of bringing old players back such as Paul, Cody, Nicole ??  I just feel sometimes with Cody and Nicole there again that this year is sort of a rerun ??  Cody has such an arrogant attitude as proclaimed head of the game this year it's just sort of biding time until he wins ...  I think the entire game needs a reboot ...  do you all agree ??

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 

A reboot would be good. I'd like to see BB add a points system to the game where each houseguest starts out with say ten thousand points. They then earn or lose points by how they finish in comps. BB adds a few extra small rooms to the house. A strategy room, where houseguests can earn say a thousand points a day by going in and telling the viewers their plans. A shoutout room where they can do whatever shoutouts they want to friends and family without sneaking them in on the live show. And a deals room where two or more houseguests can enter and make binding deals using their points for safety, votes, etc. Also, when an HOH gets someone evicted, that person's points go to the HOH. When someone violates the rules and sings or talks about someone they're not allowed to talk about they lose points. Offer them options to buy at various stages of the game that could cost them a lot of points, but maybe keep them safe for a week. Maybe a high priced mystery box that could include a punishment or a reward.

To break up the post POV meeting boredom they could throw in a simple points only comp on Tuesdays that's shown live on the feeds that's not intended for TV. Something simple like how many ducks are in the house, or how many former houseguests are shown in the house (photos/mural combined)? How many stars are in the house. Get everyone scrambling. Lock them all down in the HOH and hide some stuff and then turn them loose with those finding it getting bonus points.

Adding points might force some to stop throwing comps, could help break up the big alliances, would add greed and envy into the game equation, and would add new variables to the game. Someone assures you you're safe and you say let's go into the deal room and I'll give you a point to lock that in, and they say no, you'll know you're not really safe. If you see someone you think the HOH will be targeting go into the deal room with the HOH you'll know that person isn't the target. A greedy HOH could demand all of the points from fellow houseguests to keep them safe. If you don't pay, you might be a target. Maybe offer a special prize at the end for the houseguest who earned the most points over the season. Cash, car, trip, etc. It would be pretty easy to add points to the game to freshen it up. If you're the HOH and someone has a lot of points, do you target them to get their points?

In a perfect world I'd redo the house and add a competition arena also that would keep the yard available all the time. A modular house with rooms that could be moved and swapped would be neat also. They leave the house to compete, fail to meet some house standard in the comp and go from living in a modern penthouse to a poorhouse when they return to the house. Put them in a house with no makeup, all wearing identical clothes, no luxuries and they'd kill themselves to avoid that again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Pantsonfire2 

A reboot would be good. I'd like to see BB add a points system to the game where each houseguest starts out with say ten thousand points. They then earn or lose points by how they finish in comps. BB adds a few extra small rooms to the house. A strategy room, where houseguests can earn say a thousand points a day by going in and telling the viewers their plans. A shoutout room where they can do whatever shoutouts they want to friends and family without sneaking them in on the live show. And a deals room where two or more houseguests can enter and make binding deals using their points for safety, votes, etc. Also, when an HOH gets someone evicted, that person's points go to the HOH. When someone violates the rules and sings or talks about someone they're not allowed to talk about they lose points. Offer them options to buy at various stages of the game that could cost them a lot of points, but maybe keep them safe for a week. Maybe a high priced mystery box that could include a punishment or a reward.

To break up the post POV meeting boredom they could throw in a simple points only comp on Tuesdays that's shown live on the feeds that's not intended for TV. Something simple like how many ducks are in the house, or how many former houseguests are shown in the house (photos/mural combined)? How many stars are in the house. Get everyone scrambling. Lock them all down in the HOH and hide some stuff and then turn them loose with those finding it getting bonus points.

Adding points might force some to stop throwing comps, could help break up the big alliances, would add greed and envy into the game equation, and would add new variables to the game. Someone assures you you're safe and you say let's go into the deal room and I'll give you a point to lock that in, and they say no, you'll know you're not really safe. If you see someone you think the HOH will be targeting go into the deal room with the HOH you'll know that person isn't the target. A greedy HOH could demand all of the points from fellow houseguests to keep them safe. If you don't pay, you might be a target. Maybe offer a special prize at the end for the houseguest who earned the most points over the season. Cash, car, trip, etc. It would be pretty easy to add points to the game to freshen it up. If you're the HOH and someone has a lot of points, do you target them to get their points?

In a perfect world I'd redo the house and add a competition arena also that would keep the yard available all the time. A modular house with rooms that could be moved and swapped would be neat also. They leave the house to compete, fail to meet some house standard in the comp and go from living in a modern penthouse to a poorhouse when they return to the house. Put them in a house with no makeup, all wearing identical clothes, no luxuries and they'd kill themselves to avoid that again.

You need to send this post to the producers of the show.  I would think they would all have to be two hours shows too.

Reading your posts is way more entaining that the actual show.  Your idea would definitely make it more interesting. 

Honored Contributor

Adding points would be an easy thing to do and add more variables to the game. Greed and envy aren't really issues in the house now, but by adding points and giving the points value, those two could become big issues in the house. You'd have Have and Have Nots in terms of points and the change in behavior as points get redistributed could be entertaining. Watching someone with few points win HOH and get offered a pile of points to keep a "wealthier" player safe could be interesting to watch as they grope with what to do. Do you target players with more points to try and get their points?

Deals in BB are now non-binding, but if you could make deals using points that were binding, it would add an interesting element. If you know Christmas has 500 points and say Nicole has 1200 points then you look at the board and discover that Christmas now has 1500 points and Nicole only 200, you know they made a deal. How would that affect the game? Would the house look at Christmas differently? How about Nicole? Would an HOH try to extort points from someone to keep them safe? How would that affect them the next week when they weren't HOH?

For BB the cost would be minimal if you just add points. They use monitors for the houseguests images now on the memory wall. Just superimposing the points for each player on the images wouldn't be hard from a technical standpoint. They could use the DR for the deal-making room. It would be a pretty simple task to update the point totals after comps and deals.

Would you be safer as a poor player points-wise or as a richer player? It would add an interesting new variable into the game and refresh it a bit. Do the points of an evicted player go to the person who was HOH or are they split evenly among those who voted them out? A split vote would mean more points for each person who voted them out. If there are ten votes and the vote is 10-0 everyone gets a tenth of the evictees points. If the vote in 6-4 though, the amount each voter gets increases. Say the evictee has a thousand points. A house vote would give each voter 100 points. A 6-4 vote would give the six 166 points. Do you lie and deceive about how the votes will go to increase your share of the points? What happens if you're too good at it and the votes go the other way and you don't get any points?

It's a very simple thing to add to the game that would alter it in all kinds of interesting ways. It would be cheap and easy for BB to do. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO @gardenman there is one major fault in your scenario--it would require a cast of thinkers able to strategize AND see the big picture. Players with that ability have been in short supply.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.