Honored Contributor

8/16/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And the season of ten million alliances continues with David now included in yet another new Cody-based alliance. You don't just need a scorecard to keep track of the alliances, you need multiple scorecards. It's gotten more than a bit crazy. I don't think Cody and Enzo even know who they're allied with at this point and time. In some encouraging news, Cody did talk about possibly cutting Nicole F loose at some point in the near future.

Speaking of crazy, the POV comp just ended. Yeah, at a little after six AM ET the comp finally ended. Memphis won and Nicole A is embarrassed by her performance. (As per the norm.) It was apparently a ball balancing type comp where they had to hold two handles to keep their ball balanced on a board. The board holding the ball was apparently very heavy and geared to stronger players. Will Memphis use the POV? Probably not. He doesn't want to backdoor anyone yet. Janelle and Kaysar will encourage him to use it to backdoor Nicole F (who's complaining that Janelle looked at her during the POV comp) but he probably won't. Cody and company will push him to use it to backdoor Janelle, but he probably won't. This is likely the end for Nicole A. Given how poorly she's played this year, it's not a big loss.

Kevin has managed to play himself into the bottom of the Jokers' popularity poll. Those thinking no one could be less popular than Nicole F have now been proven wrong. He could be the replacement and gone if Janelle and Kaysar could convince Memphis to use the POV, but we're likely stuck with Kevin for a while. Pity! 

So, the rest of today will likely feature sleeping houseguests and nothing much else. Tomorrow the POV ceremony will take place. It likely won't be used. Nicole A will then get to resume her podcasting career on Friday. I suspect that given her performance this year she may have fewer followers. I'm not sure anyone will gain followers after this season. Da'Vonne and Bayleigh may be the only two to come out ahead. I love watching Da'Vonne's expressions as Nicole F is whining away to her. Da'Vonne makes it very clear to the viewers that she's not buying anything Nicole F is selling.

Pretty much everyone else in the cast (other than Bayleigh, Da'Vonne, Janelle, Kaysar, and David) are hurting their brand this season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: 8/16/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

Ya, not too surprising to read about the lack of athletic ability from Nicole A.  The only thing I'll miss is the prospect of BB coming out with some more clowns to scare the dickens out of her.  Her performance last time was mesmerizing and revealed what a true nut cake she is.  I mean come on....clowns on the set and she thinks they're real and out to get her even going so far to threaten them with a knife? They should have put her in a straight jacket and administered Thorazine. 

Honored Contributor

Nicole A had the advantage of being one of the more likeable characters in a largely unlikeable cast last year and an underdog. It was pretty easy to root for her. She's just so lost this year and listening to and following the wrong people that it's much harder to truly like her this time around. She's going to have a lot of explaining to do when her podcasts resume.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nicole A has 2 great big weaknesses. One she views herself as an odd person "likes only other rainbow people" I'm paraphrasing here but that was what she said to Kevin when she tried to have an alliance with him but not really with anyone else.  2nd she knew that she needed to be more physically fit, that was a given yet she's still the same slight of a girl with no coordination and the same ol script out of her mouth "oh I'm so embarrassed," when she fails in a comp. She needs to be a fully functional self realized adult and stop making excuses for her failures....go to a freaking gym for god's sake before you agree to go on Big Brother again. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, getting yourself as fit as possible before going on BB is wise. Getting a good feel for the house and making good allies is even better though, and that's where Nicole A has failed miserably this year. Janelle, Kaysar, and Keesha all tried to ally with her and instead of jumping in, she wavered and ultimately believed the lies about Janelle and Kaysar instead of the truth.

With Memphis trying to stay in the middle between Janelle's side and Cody's side and playing both sides. Nicole A could have been in good shape in that alliance. Anyone targeting that alliance would be more inclined to take out one of the big guns instead of her. She'd have had meat shields (for lack of a better term) in the form of Kaysar, Keesha, Memphis (more or less,) and Janelle along with anyone else they could recruit. 

Nicole A is pretty much always going to be the weakest member in an alliance, but that's actually not a bad place to be. The other side of the house typically looks to weaken a rival alliance by taking out their strongest player and not make it stronger by weeding out their weakest player. Last year Nicole A could argue that she never had a chance to be in a good alliance. This year she could have been in an alliance with Janelle, Kaysar, Keesha, Memphis (more or less,) and whoever else they could recruit (Christmas, Da'Vonne, Bayleigh, Ian, etc.). That's not a bad group to be allied with. They're all good, solid players, with generally good reputations, who play a pretty clean game. 

Instead, she's now pretty much just allied with Kevin who's largely useless and should have been gone last week. She should have learned last year to jump into a good alliance with both feet and stay in it until you're dragged out, but no. She just couldn't/wouldn't commit and now finds herself likely heading home on Thursday unless Janelle and Kaysay can convince Memphis to save her. Even if they do, Nicole A is likely to still waffle on joining them. She's just not playing a smart game this year. I just don't know where her head is this year. When she gets out, she's going to look back and wonder why she did what she did. "What was I thinking?" will likely fill her head on a regular basis for the next six months or so. 

She's just not playing a smart game right now. She's a fan of the show so she knows who these people are. She knows how they play. She should know you can't trust Daniele or Nicole F. She should know the young, fit guys always form a guy alliance. And what does she do? Nothing. Ugh! Goodbye. Good luck on ever getting cast as an All-Star again. She blew it and she'll realize that when she gets out. When Janelle and Kaysar asked her to join them she should have made a Team J&K t-shirt and worn it through the house. "Yes! I'm allied with them and proud of it!" It wouldn't have made her more of a target and would have possibly kept her safe longer. Instead, she made herself into an easy nomination for Memphis and now she's likely gone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman I think the only reason she got as far as she did last time is because the two alpha males got accused of being bullies, being racist and being all around jerks.  So, the remaining alpha dog who ended up winning (can't remember his name) bent over backwards to be like a sibling to her, sickeningly obsequious bending over backwards to be more inclusive and kind.  It was like watching a sesame street version of BB. 

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention this earlier, but we have a show tonight! We'll see the aftermath of Memphis winning HOH. Then we'll see the line form to play the Safety Suite and the playing of the Safety Suite. The show will end up with Memphis' nominations.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I said I hoped they'd start the pov a little later in the evening...not wait until the early morning hours of the following day!  My comment about the pov is "What Was That About?" to which I will add what a bad look it is for whoever is planning these comps. I actually missed the "Look at me mounted on a banana!" comp so not much to say about that one, but why have a comp that's clearly geared for men? Correction--make that the biggest and strongest of men because guys like Ian wouldn't have stood a chance either. Maybe just drive over to Muscle Beach and see who can deadlift the most weight and be done with it. It wouldn't be any less obvious and the group could at least have had a little outing. No amount of gym time would have prepared NicA for that comp. I believe her success in bb21 can be boiled down to two words--Cliff Hogg. Not that she doesn't deserve some of the credit but without him her game would not have been what it was. 

I agree with the comments that it's Nicole's time to go.

Which Nicole?

Nicole A or Nicole F?

Nicole A.

Did you say Nicole A?

Yeah. Oh, okay.

If only for that very reason right there. How hard would it have been to call NicF Coco or Nic? But no, it's always like a replay of "Who's on first" trying to find out which Nicole is being referenced. 

My take on NicA is that she's a sweetheart who's young and was accepted into the crazy world of BB after never have had experienced a lot of different types of people. She was also embraced warmly by many in the community but with that acceptance also come the trolls. She's doing pretty well considering. I believe she latched onto Kevin for a very specific reason, one I won't go into here. She hasn't played well but I disagree that hooking up with Janelle and Kaysar would have helped her much as, unfortunately, it sure didn't help Keesha. 

I'm not 100% sure what hurting their brand means but going on instinct I have to disagree with the idea that those mentioned, in both groups, are either hurting or helping their brand. It's funny how differently we can see things (some things, certainly not all) but of those mentioned I think the only one who has really helped her image this season is Bayleigh. And that's largely because of how poorly she was viewed going in.

Other than that I think they're all doing pretty well. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

SusieQQ_2 I could go on and on how stupid and childish I think Nicole A is....how she needs to move away from her parents and learn how to be independent.  After one graduates from college it's time to stop acting like a baby.  I couldn't care less if she was straight or gay she needs to grow up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@germanshepherdlove , Hopefully, most people in the present day feel the same and accept that love is love. I wasn't going to mention it other than I see it as a reason Nicole gravitated toward Kevin because that's the extent of its relevance as far as the game goes. 

I don't see Nicole's behavior as being either stupid or childish, but that's okay, we all have opinions. I hope you're enjoying the season. Smiley Happy