Honored Contributor

Who remembers this Golden Oldie?? Next weekend is a marathon on Decades Channel. Begins Sat at 1 PM ET thru Mon morning at 7 AM.

Remember Kooky, Kooky, lend me your comb!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, I remember the show and loved it!  Remember the theme song too!Heart

Honored Contributor

Totally handsome cast, Efrem Zimbalist, Edd Byrnes, Roger Smith

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wish I got "Decades", @Shelbelle.  We get it on MeTV, but in the wee hours-- maybe 3:00 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. Eastern?

Roger Smith (Ann-Margret's husband in real life) was so dashing as one of the detectives.  And I've always had a soft spot for Efrem Zimabalist Jr., with his cosmopolitan air and that throaty, cultivated voice.

The show is a confection--  love the frothy, early Sixties ambiance...

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Totally handsome cast, Efrem Zimbalist, Edd Byrnes, Roger Smith

@Shelbelle  Definitely!  My older sister had a big crush on Kookie; me not so much.  I liked Roger S. for looks.  Efrem had too much grease in his hair LOL!   I used to watch that all the time when it first aired, and occasionally will watch it on one of the oldies TV networks I get.   And yes, Kookie, Kookie lend me your comb.

I saw Byrnes on a Murder She Wrote (repeat recently),originally on about 20  or so yrs. after 77 was on, and he had lost a lot of his appeal IMO.

Honored Contributor

Wasn't Connie Stevens in that one? Cricket Blake?

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  and all of the ME -TV  watchers. 

Absolutely, YES !! YES !! 

All great -just great shows. ~~~~!

I  have found over seventy five  [ FINE ] percent, what I can define as worth watching. 

What a treat to actually have some TV sanity in the TV room, now.

77 Sunset Strip has to be something you never want to end.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle  Do you know how can I find out the Binge shows for the upcoming weekends?  I just recently found I have this channel.  I went to their website, but could only find the coming weekend.   I want to make sure I don't miss any weekends that I might be interested in.   I loved the Doris Day Show weekend a couple weekends ago.  She is just adorable.  

Honored Contributor

77 Sunset Strip.....Is it a name                                                                                      77 Sunset Strip..... Is it an address                                                                          On Miami Beach....cha cha cha                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Our dad use to watch this every week and us sisters had to sing the theme song  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Wasn't Connie Stevens in that one? Cricket Blake?

Cricket Blake was a character on the TV show Hawaiian Eye. I think Robert Conrad was the star of that show.