Esteemed Contributor

Re: 7 Little Johnstons

[ Edited ]

totally

@MsChiff wrote:

I, too, am a fan.  They're a normal family raising their kids with common sense parenting.  
So much better than The Little Couple who are an epic fail when it comes to teaching and disciplining their kids. I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with those two.

------------------

Absolutely agree!!  I admire both families. I do find that the Johnston show seems to be less scripted and more spontaneous.  I enjoy watching that show more. And I really like the way the parents 'parent' the children...very no nonsense, but with love.
      The Little Couple show seems to be so heavily directed and scripted!!  And their parenting is almost nonsensical -- too much by mom or really absent from dad!!

Honored Contributor

@corita

Love the Johnstons

think you are right about the Little Couple..  there is just something missing

from the show..like you said scripted!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I think the Jen and Bill have more control over their show than the Johnstons do.  They determine what will be shown, when filming will take place, etc.  The Johnstons, who are newer to the reality TV game, still have to go with the flow production-wise.  If they continue to be popular, they may have more say.  I also think they don't want to rock the boat because financially, this show is really helping them out.  Bill and Jen would manage fine without their show.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think the Jen and Bill have more control over their show than the Johnstons do.  They determine what will be shown, when filming will take place, etc.  The Johnstons, who are newer to the reality TV game, still have to go with the flow production-wise.  If they continue to be popular, they may have more say.  I also think they don't want to rock the boat because financially, this show is really helping them out.  Bill and Jen would manage fine without their show.

@faeriemoon  I would imagine that Jen's work schedule plays a large role in how the show is run.  I love the Little Couple and the Johnstons.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the art show episode. Elizabeth is a truly talented young lady.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Yes - when I saw glimpses of her art earlier, I wasn't sure.  But upon display I saw several I would buy (especially the first one sold!)

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Yes - when I saw glimpses of her art earlier, I wasn't sure.  But upon display I saw several I would buy (especially the first one sold!)

@denisemb  I had doubts about her art too, because from what was initially shown it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary. I guess they were just teasing us. It was awesome that she used the money she made to go to a great cause as well. The first pic was great, but as you said, so were others.

Super Contributor

I am now a fan after reading recently here how good of a show it is. I started to watch and like so much now, record every week. Seems more real that some of the reality shows.

Honored Contributor

So Trent was the home inspector for the new house. I guess he missed some things.

Honored Contributor

@OhioAngel wrote:

I am now a fan after reading recently here how good of a show it is. I started to watch and like so much now, record every week. Seems more real that some of the reality shows.

@OhioAngel  Glad you are enjoying it!