Honored Contributor

I read that TLC hasn't renewed the show for a new season yet.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 

Maybe they can't figure out what next stories to write about  them..they have already booted one daughter of house  and 2 more kids soon.?

If they want more money?...    or   ??

good reason not to renew contracts.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@colliemom4 

Maybe they can't figure out what next stories to write about  them..they have already booted one daughter of house  and 2 more kids soon.?

@cowboy sam   The two older kids aren't being booted out, they want to begin their lives, as all young people do, on their own.   I think the parents are encouraging them to do what they want to do so the kids gain some independence, they still have three kids at home for a while.

Honored Contributor

I don't see Amber as the "motherly" type.  

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam  A lot of viewers were disturbed by Amber's behavior but she claims she acted that way because the covid epidemic stressed her out.

Honored Contributor

How did she act differently and if she did ...what did COVID have to do with it?

I agree, they wanted to be on their own.  I thought the parents did a good job of making them understand how important the right amount of money is to be able to have an apartment or house.

My oldest granddaughter just finished her first year at VaTech.

She reserved an apartment and there'll be 4 girls in it, a bedroom each.  It's through the university.

My daughter is a very hands on mom.  It's a fine line between "doing things yourself" and "leaving it up to the kid".

So we flipped when we found out the apartment is on the ground floor.  My daughter said she's tempted to intercede and make sure she doesn't end up living on that floor.

I've always been a hands on mother.  But I've ended up just 'doing it'.  That wasn't always the best way to handle things.

I always told two of my girls (with children) to learn from my mistakes.

I've always had a lot of influence with them. Often they take my advice, but they don't tell me they did.  Them, later I'll find out they did what I suggested.

As far as the first floor both my other daughter and I said it was time to step in and get her off of that ground floor.

I think she'll listen.  Time is short because they leave for Hawaii and then checking out colleges for the next daughter in California.

My daughter has paid for 3 kids to go to Virginia colleges for 4 years.  She has 4 children but this next daughter coming up goes to a magnet school and might end up at Harvard, Purdue or any of those Ivy League schools.

As a parent like many of you are, we all know it's hard to know what to do sometimes.

I thought the mom and dad did a good job. Maybe I missed stuff.

We all mess up sometimes. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Why did you flip out over a first floor apartment at VA Tech?   I've been in that area twice a month for a year, and the housing builds that are going on right now are awesome.

Honored Contributor
The show has just seemed so dark and like the magic of the show has mostly faded away. They used to have such a positive dynamic and lighthearted-energy years ago and now it can be uncomfortable to watch at times. Sometimes I can't tell if the drama is fabricated by production in an attempt to save the show (since a lot of viewers thought last season was boring) or if they're really struggling. Based on some of the kids comments there appears to be genuine tension
Honored Contributor

I flipped out because it's safer on the higher floors.

Plus my daughter talked about someone (she mentioned the name, I don't remember) broke into an apartment on the first floor.

In my opinion, it is always safer on higher floors.  I watch every true murder shows and most addictive guys don't other going on higher floors when it's easier on the first floor.

This daughter went to UVA.  My other 2 daughters went to Redford University.  That's very close to VaTech. 

Wehave a lot of family members who went to Redford, VaTech and UVA.  Higher is better.  Not when moving in but after.

Honored Contributor

Re: 7 Little Johnston’s

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@colliemom4 

@cowboy sam   The two older kids aren't being booted out, they want to begin their lives, as all young people do, on their own.   I think the parents are encouraging them to do what they want to do so the kids gain some independence, they still have three kids at home for a while.

Absolutely agree with you, @mousiegirl.😊

I would add that I think because of their awareness of the special needs for their children to navigate the "average size" world, they do what their parents did for them in the way of leaning toward allowing them to learn to cope with difficulties now (while Amber and Trent are still there as a safety net).   

I saw Amy Roloff's parents doing the same thing, by the way.

I think it might be easy to forget (or maybe some viewers haven't seen all of the shows over the years) what went into Amber and Trent's journey to find and adopt 3 of their children to provide a good life that wouldn't have been available otherwise.   

I believe it was when they were talking about Emma, they said in the birth country little people weren't allowed to go to school.   

Their lives would've been very, very different in many ways.

At any rate, Amber and Trent were keenly aware that dwarf children in some other countries would be excluded from so many things, their health and their lives might've even been in peril, they knew their own experience could be of benefit, and they made it happen. 

It was a costly and difficult venture, and they and their families aren't wealthy, so there were sacrifices, financial and otherwise.   

The parents are not openly emotional, so that makes it hard to "warm up to them."  I understand that. 

But the old videos of some of the adoptions, and in the NICU when Jonah's life was in jeopardy, are evidence of their tender hearts.   

Also, they kept all of the clothes, toys, and other memory treasures from each adoption, bring them out for the kids to see now and then, and will pass them along to them as an important part of their past.   That comes from the heart, I feel.

I also notice that Amber and Trent, when talking about the adoptions, talk about the time when Alex, Emma, Anna "came home."   

Not when they were adopted... when they came home. 

That's a sensitive, sentimental phrase and, I think, speaks to their true heart and spirit.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova